NOLF2 No Longer Starts

This morning when I tried to play online, I was told "invalid CD Key." I have been playing online for some time with this CD. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I reinstalled the game. Now, whenever I get past the opening movies (Fox, Monolith, Lithtech), the game simply closes and returns me to my desktop.

I have disabled everything that can be disabled, and reduced the video display to its simplest possible configurations, but none of this works.

Any ideas?

-Kepler

This has happend like..what 3-4 months ago or somethin'?

Some ways to play in the servers are: Go through X-Fire (But that sometimes doesn't work). You can also go through: The All-Seeing-Eye (Which usually works). Another way is to duplicate balblablablalbalblablah...I believe someone posted what to do in the Tech Section.

Hi there! Is anyone else having problems playing NOLF2 today? It seems others are having problems according to The site that shall not be named.COM forum. Some are getting the Invalid CD warning and other are getting other stuff. Does anyone know why? Thank you.

"How to play when master server is down

Copy the following into a text file and save it as nolf2launch.bat place it in your nolf 2 directory and create a short cut of it to your desktop

**use the IP of the server you want to connect to**

CODE

NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join IP Address

for example:

NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 69.28.240.200:27888

this will connect you directly to the server."

I found this in the Tech section for NOLF2. I tried using the All seeing eye and gamespy and neither one works. I keep getting invalid cd key. I just played this game yesterday!

I DON"T UNDERSTAND THIS THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP I am having NOL2 withdrawl..lol

usually an invalid CD key means the key is in use. It is possible the key has been compromised via a not so legal method of obtaining keys to play the game with burned copies.

See if it happens at certain times of the day or all the time. If certain times the key is being used by someone else.

As far as that current prob make sure you update is back to version 1.3 as well.

Ah had I known it was more than on person I would have gone the master server route.

I sent them an email about it (Sierra)

Here's the instructions on the workaround one more time.

I posted a workaround for this on Unityhq

Open notepad:

paste the following in (sub the IP of the server you want to connect to.) Save the file as nolf2.bat put it in your C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2 then right click and create a shortcut to your desktop.

NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join IP Address

for example:

NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 69.28.240.200:27888

click the bat file and you will go to that server.

Jacques,May 15 2005, 01:31 PM]This thing doesn't work too sad.gif

3507[/snapback]

you have to save it as a .bat so make sure you have show file extensions enabled.

Here's an example file Nolf2.bat file

put it in your C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2 folder then right click it and make a shortcut on your desktop. Then you click it and it should take you to the IP specified

You can also use gamespy

Or the all seeing eye program to connect to servers

All Seeing Eye

As according to my server logs the servers cannot accept connections so this must be an issue with the sierra master servers. I sent them an email earlier so hopefully they'll get it going soon.

Normally if it's just an authentication issue the bat file works just fine.

I just sent a second email to Sierra (VU)

No way to connect, the CD-key request still blocks. SIERRA should cancel the CD-key thing, if they dont want to support Nolf2 longer.

3528[/snapback]

There is a way around that but that would be a last resort and only if I knew they were not going to resolve the current issue.