Death Mountain BETA

Okay folks, please post feedback here. I'm mainly interested in the lag problems, but I want to hear what you have to say.

If you post some feedback I'll add your name to the beta testing list that I'll add. :)

Any who, here's the link:

http://files.filefront.com/DD+DEATH+BETAzi...;/fileinfo.html

Thanks guys!

Wow!! This map is really great!! :blink:

I'd love to test it with more people than just me :bye:

I can imagine a lot of funny sniper and kitty action [erm.. are there kitties in the map? I can't remember lol] :mml:

------

2 'bugs' I found while walking around:

- At this place: 02162008093739qa2.th.jpg there is a small gap: 02162008093347ks2.th.jpg

- Some posters seem to be a bit too close in the wall:

02162008093905ry5.th.jpg -> 02162008093909np2.th.jpg -> 02162008093915cr0.th.jpg

(The orange colour is in front of the poster, when you are too far away)

hmm I guess it's not a bug, that you can jump into the lava (and die) at some places? (That's why the map is called Death Mountain, eh?) B)

Pretty cool :D I'd like to make my own maps too, but I don't know where to get DEdit :S I searched UHQ and TGF and spawnsite....

Wow!! This map is really great!! :blink:

I'd love to test it with more people than just me :bye:

I can imagine a lot of funny sniper and kitty action [erm.. are there kitties in the map? I can't remember lol] :mml:

------

2 'bugs' I found while walking around:

- At this place: 02162008093739qa2.th.jpg there is a small gap: 02162008093347ks2.th.jpg

- Some posters seem to be a bit too close in the wall:

02162008093905ry5.th.jpg -> 02162008093909np2.th.jpg -> 02162008093915cr0.th.jpg

(The orange colour is in front of the poster, when you are too far away)

hmm I guess it's not a bug, that you can jump into the lava (and die) at some places? (That's why the map is called Death Mountain, eh?) B)

Ah thanks for your feedback Sasser! Firstly, I noticed the first hole that you mentioned a while back but I didn't think it was extremely noticeable so I left it alone. I may go back and try to close it for the final version.

There are a few holes I noticed myself and have tried to cover them up as best as I could.

Secondly, those pictures you speak of with the red going through them is quite possibly a video card problem of some kind. I don't know what you're running on your system, but on both my comps it doesn't do that.

I also noticed that you are running the game at extremely low detail, so maybe that may have something to do with it. The lava really isn't impressive unless you view it in high detail as well.

EDIT: I just took some screen shots of what the map should look like in high detail in case you are running a system that can't support it.

uqufffdexm.jpgntjazzjjpl.jpg

yrexpmljxu.jpgrvhfdgrlqh.jpg

ptdhnqzkhb.jpg

Also, yes I made it so that you can jump into the lava in the bases rather than block the railing off like in Volkov's Lair. I thought it pointless to have lava if you can't commit suicide in it! :D

Also FYI there are about four different hidden ammo/weapon caches in the map. They're easy to get to, but hard to find if you don't know where they're at. I'm not going to reveal any details on their locations yet, but I will tell you that the rewards for finding the secret areas are:

Infinite ammo tommygun

Rocket Launcher

phosphorus ammo

Explosive ammo for the crossbow and shotgun

TY for the feedback, keep it coming guys!

Edited by Triggerhappy

My system could run high detail that is for sure :P

But I always play with the lowest detail - no idea why.. I don't like those high detail effects I guess :)

Good job there trigger! FYI I got the same problem with the link-poster (it's link, isn't it?). I got a ATI 1950 sumting graca and hopefully am running on highest detail. Hmm, gotta go looking for that secrets.