UnityHQ Map Packs Updates

I'm making this topic for people to post new maps as they find them or release them so we can keep track of exactly how many/which ones are new since the last map packs created for DM and DD modes.

If you guys don't have anyone to update your map packs for you anymore, I'd be more than happy to do it for you and resubmit them here. If that is the case, please Elite or Bella let me know and I can start working on it.

I have an idea as far as updating map packs go. When the map packs are updated, keep them the same name only add a "v2" at the end of the name. Every time the map packs are updated, just raise that number up so that way it'll be easier to tell who's got the updated version or not and overall I think it would avoid much confusion. Just throwing that out there.

So far this is what I've got on the list for new maps created since last map pack updates:

INC2007 (DM)

KNIX's Raceway (DD)

Clubdead 2007 (DD) EDIT: (Corrected link)

Uproar at UnityHQ (DD)

Sniper's World (DM)

POOP Maps (DD)

Not a ton of maps to add, but still that's quite a few. If any new ones appear I will add them to the list. Feel free to post here and add any as well. I'm pretty sure that's it for now though.

Edited by Triggerhappy

What about the POOP maps? If ur allowed by neo ^^

Well, the POOP maps I assume go hand and hand with the mod so that's a completely different area. I'm talking about the custom maps for the retail version of the game. Besides that, UnityHQ Customs server (which runs nothing but the UHQ map packs) runs on retail, so the POOP maps probably wouldn't work on those. I don't know anything about his POOP maps any way, but I'm assuming they will only work with the mod.

Good question though!

I played those maps on a normal server too so they are compatible with the retail version :)

So then why did you call them POOP maps if they run on a retail server? You don't have to play them while you're using the POOP mod?

<_< cuz they were made for poop <_<

Yay!!! More maps, more maps!!!

but how much more? :unsure:

Actually let's ad them all. xD That way we will have interesting nights. It will be hard to play ont he same maps again in 1 week. :mml:

I tnaw erom nwapS spam! If posible!

Edited by METAL

Great ideas, Trigger. :)

Oh thanks! I wasn't trying to hurry you guys into another project or anything but I thought it was something that should be done soon since we have so many new maps lately. Again I'd be more than happy to help in this regard if you wish. I wanted to add to my idea of putting version numbers at the end of the map pack file names, to also put the version number of the map pack on the server title in the game so that way people will know right away that they do/don't have the right map pack. Again, just a thought I wanted to through out there since it was still in my head and I wanted to share it! :mml:

Any way, Sander I'll see if I can't get a hold of and ask Neo about his POOP maps and if he even wants them to be a part of the regular custom map pack if they do as you explained: run without the POOP mod.

Clubdead link was wrong, Trigger fixing it atm.

Currently im hosting server with this new 3 Doomsday Maps ;)

For some reason the site downloads a RAR file. I tried putting it into the resources/customs folder. Help! :unsure:

Yeah that's extremely annoying I must admit. I downloaded a trial version of winrar some time ago and now I can't use it without paying for it. It's ridiculous that I should even have to download a program just to extract a compressed file. Just zip the darn thing and be done with it. It probably compresses better or something, but still I wouldn't have to download something just to extract it if it was zipped.

Wasn't complaining...just sayin'. :D

Poop maps refers to maps on the poop.rez resource file. In other words, it's a mappack (when in Resources folder).

Grotto map was made esp to be compatible with both poop and retail. There might be some effects missing or non-functional parts (ie: you can't kill the fish, not important, just a minor difference).

Flying map- I wouldn't recommend playing retail- it would be like the DD cable car map...without the cable car; one heck of a loooong walk. And won't be able to fly to the Unity building and such.

Ruins map v1.1...this one might be better than the older version...it features some fixes and enhancements (won't be able to access the new area, no adverse effect on gameplay/completion).

So yeah, attach that (poop.rez) to the mappack if y'all want- i would love to see anything i've made used ^^

server setup: Add all, remove Turbulence in Tula (flying map), whatever else, done.

(hmm we gotta upload the giant mappack and use poop at the same time someday. go up them maps with ramps and never come down yeehaw)

...back to mapping and effect making and programming and scripting and configuring and pulling my hair out in frustration.

zzzzzzzzzz

So you want all of those maps added for the exception of Turbulence in Tula? Is that correct? Also, could you (or anyone else who knows) please supply me a direct link to where we can download this map pack so I can add it to the list?

http://www.whosaidpoop.com/Mods%20to%20Download/Poop.zip

poop.rez

it's easier to stick this in the pack and remove tula off of the server map list later. (also reduces chance of resource conflicts for hard core nolfers that download everything)

Yeah I downloaded a trial version on my laptop, but again, I have to pay money in order to keep it which was my whole complaint to begin with. I never have to open .rar files often enough to need to buy it luckily, but still it's a nuisance. INC2007, good map Spawn! Brings me back to the days when I used to get my butt handed to me in NOLF1! :lol:

I'm adding your poop maps to the list now Neo.