lost ALL my saved games after crash?!?!

:rolleyes:

---=== S O L V E D ===---

I had to RELOAD my profile in order to see the saved games... SHEESH do I feel silly.

I am not sure why it happened, but in case someone else runs into the same problem:

CHECK YOUR PROFILES!! :blush:

I spent quite a bit of time exploring everything possible and getting all the experience I could.

After about 15 hours of play across several days, I was just starting the India portion.

My sweetie needed a hand with something so I just pressed Esc to spend a few minutes helping.

It took longer than I thought it would, but when I got back to the machine, there was a small "out of memory" error box and NOLF2 was no longer in pause mode.

So I fired it back up and there WERE NO SAVED GAMES !!!

So, before I panicked, I tried re-booting to clear the RAM and again, NO SAVED GAMES!!

I am at a total loss as to why this event would kill off several (10) incremental saves. I don't mind going back to the previous saved game, but to have to start the WHOLE GAME OVER?!?!?!?!

Does anyone have a saved game starting at India? or just before India? It would be a HUGE help!!

I don't think it would break any copywright laws, as I have a legitimate copy of the game, I just don't want to have to start completely over.

Thanks in advance!!

The "out of memory" error suggests that there is a memory leak in the game. I have a brand new (one week old) Dell XPS laptop with some serious horsepower. I played and finished NOLF2 years ago, and just wanted to play it again will all the settings maxed out. BTW, the biggest cool thing I have noticed so far is you can see all the little individual hairs on Armstrong. Quite cool.

Edited by Xparatrooper

Wow, that's quite odd. In all my years of playing NOLF2, I don't think I've ever come across a message like that. Can I ask what version of the game you're running? I assume you are using version 1.3 like the rest of us, but if not that might help. You say you have a beefy system which makes me even more curious as to why your system would be having problems. Also, you should have some auto saves from when the next levels load. I don't understand why you wouldn't. I would send you a save, but to be honest I don't have any. Is your DirectX up to date?

Wow, that's quite odd. In all my years of playing NOLF2, I don't think I've ever come across a message like that. Can I ask what version of the game you're running? I assume you are using version 1.3 like the rest of us, but if not that might help. You say you have a beefy system which makes me even more curious as to why your system would be having problems. Also, you should have some auto saves from when the next levels load. I don't understand why you wouldn't. I would send you a save, but to be honest I don't have any. Is your DirectX up to date?

ver 1.3

nothing modded, no mulitplayer, never tried to join a server etc...

Windoze Vista with all the updates

Intel dual core running at 2.2 GHz

2 GB Ram

Nvidia 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated RAM plus whatever it needs to "share" with Vista

huge hard drive mostly empty

AVG Anti Virus

MS Office 2003

and that's about it.....

No AUTOSAVES or anything else in the folder for that matter....

Are the saved games in the FOX folder? or exactly what is the structure?

I can't even find reference to anything named "save" or anything inside the FOX folder... I do have a DATA1.cab that is 2MB in size, but I don't know if that is it or not??

I even checked the recycle bin, and there isn't anything there, and I haven't really had the computer long enough to clean any house....

Just plain WEIRD!!