Fox Interactive is revived, does this means....

Hey guys. Some of you might remember me for ranting on about how I love Nolf and annoying everyone with Nolf 3. I still want this game, I missed Nolf series, I got so attached to it. Back to the topic:

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticl...?searchid=18248

It seems that Fox Ineractive, the 20st Century Studious is being revived, it was the publisher of Nolf series. My hope is that maybe since they are back, maybe they can pick it up and bring us the good old Nolf? I just want to ask you guys here on what you think, since most of you here are very intelligent and know a lot on what is associated with Nolf.

So what do you guys think? Is there still hope for Nolf? Or am I peranoying?

maybe in 2010...

If that is the date, I hope its the publishing, instead of announcing. But whatever it is, I can wait. I personally think, not just from a fan side but also from a bussinessman side, that lauching Nolf 3 production team, would probably be the best choice Fox Inrerractive and Monolith ever did besides Nolf 1 and Nolf 2, because thats their pot of gold wether they believe it or not. Not even FEAR is good as Nolf when you compare them on gamerakings, Nolf 2 averaged 9.0 couting all the reviews and is ranked 12 in PC gaming history and Nolf 1 is averaging 8.9 and ranked 17th but it doesn't have as many reviews as Nolf 2 had. FEAR is not even close to that. I can give dozens of reasons why invest into it, and you guys should know.

I just want another sequal of it. I will not lose my hope and I am willing to wait as long as it takes, although the sooner and the better as long as its done right.

No One Lives Forever will always live in our hearst!

Were they the ones who had the rights to the franchise? Monolith tends to switch publishers and lose the rights to names, characters etc. If anyone is to make another NOLF, it should be Monolith. Just look at what those other companies did with the F.E.A.R. series...

Edited by [TNT] Sonic Goo

Were they the ones who had the rights to the franchise? Monolith tends to switch publishers and lose the rights to names, characters etc. If anyone is to make another NOLF, it should be Monolith. Just look at what those other companies did with the F.E.A.R. series...

Well they are the publisher(Fox) of NOLF and since Sierra is ain't doing crap, its probably more likely to be up to Fox. Monolith is a developer company and their job is to develope games, FOX is the publisher and they are the ones who fund the money to developers to make the game and makes lots of profit of it. Publisher is usually the one who has the rights to game and they are the ones who make the decision. Monolith will probably be always Nolf developer, but its the publishers that take charge. I hope they will do something. Anybody knows for how long has Fox been down?

Edited by 1Nightmare1

Vivendi owns Fox interactive. Meaning they own all game titles produced under Fox, i.e. Blood, Chosen, Shogo, Tron, AvP, and ...NOLF!. Just like FEAR name ownership. Monolith owns the NOLF game but not the name. Therefore they cannot call the next NOLF installment Nolf 3, nor The Operative 3, nor can they use the NOLF theme song, "No One Lives Forever." B/C name ownership belongs to Vivendi. They can call it, Cate Archer 3, UNITY vs. HARM 3, but not NOLF 3. Monolith would pay a % to Vivendi for the name and exclusive rights to make all games and expansion packs. Considering the Nolf series lost money they would need a guaranteed market before initiating this deal.

Vivendi owns Fox interactive. Meaning they own all game titles produced under Fox, i.e. Blood, Chosen, Shogo, Tron, AvP, and ...NOLF!. Just like FEAR name ownership. Monolith owns the NOLF game but not the name. Therefore they cannot call the next NOLF installment Nolf 3, nor The Operative 3, nor can they use the NOLF theme song, "No One Lives Forever." B/C name ownership belongs to Vivendi. They can call it, Cate Archer 3, UNITY vs. HARM 3, but not NOLF 3. Monolith would pay a % to Vivendi for the name and exclusive rights to make all games and expansion packs. Considering the Nolf series lost money they would need a guaranteed market before initiating this deal.

So, does this means Vivendi/Fox were the reasons that Nolf 3 is still unannounced out of all these years?

That plus the franchise lost money.

Well it wasn't franchise's fault, it was their's for poor advertizement. Besides that, I use to think it was CJ's fault but then I though about it and realized that expansion packs cannot cause bankruptcy, it must be the number of sales of the original copies(which comes from poor advertizement). The 3rd Nolf can make millions if it would be multiplatform, because for this gen., there's a high demand for stealth games. Now all we need is too is if Fox is willing to contribute some money and let Monolith contribute effort. Its possible that Fox, may wait for Monolith to produce FEAR 2, so that when they are free they can finaly work on Nolf 3 perhaps.

Damn, I want that game!

C'mon guys! Where are the replyes? We should discuss this important topic, isntead of playing patty cake...

Edited by 1Nightmare1

If discussion would help.... :(

If they announce it anywhere, that there will be another nolf game then I'll be commenting 24/7 if it's necessary. :whistle:

Edited by METAL

Omg that would be so cool :) Nolf 4 ever.

and ever and ever and ever...

Edited by 1Nightmare1

• 1 year later...

Well, I just reloaded both NOLF1 and 2 on the PC again. Oh man, how I missed playing these great games.

It would be great for a NOLF3 to be made in the near future. I am sick of all of the crappy FPS games out there now, and the cheapo sequels these new FPS games pop out. NOLF1 and 2 had great character development and great story lines which are not present in today's FPS games.

The gameplay and humor is what made these two titles stand out in my opinion.

Considering Monolith, Fox, Vivendi, whoever publishes this next installment. The advancement in the Game engine since the Jupiter Engine from NOLF2. We will be in for a treat.

The comment on why they cannot call it NOLF3 is not a big deal to me, as long as they would make another sequel and have all the elements of the first two games and then some. I guess the public wants crappy WWII shooters and SciFi shootouts, instead of a game that has humor and excellent gameplay. Could it be there is no market for another FPS set in the 1960's? Besides what other FPS game had a heroine such as Cate Archer!!

My 2cents.

Glad to see there are still fans of these games out there! NOL4 Ever!

La Jettatura

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, calm down all :P there is an add-on for NOLF2 coming xD

If only the other players who knows mapping and modding good could join us. the work could go faster then. PM me if you are interested though ;)