Sign in to follow this  
{BAB}Mr. Archer

Vista x64.

Just an FYI,

NOLF 2 and CJ can run on Vista x64. NOLF 1 can't even install on Vista x64. I haven't had time to find out how to install NOLF on Vista x64, but NOLF 2 and CJ run out of the box.

yep..but i think is there a way to run vista as XP..and then u can use the games! i dunno here i saw it but im sure its possible :D

you're refering to the "windows xp compatibility mode"

A: Works with some applications, doesn't work with some others

I found a list of games which run with vista x64 and NOLF2, Battlefield 2142 and Crysis are on it, so i'm prepared for vista x64 to finally (and hopefully) get rid of those RAM issues on vista x86 (4GB installed only 2,75 being recognized)

HAH!!! Installed Vista x64 today and now i finally have my 4GB RAM :D

Had Bluescreens when launching vista with more than 2GB at the beginning thou, until KB929777 or smth finally fixed the damn problem (wasnt even part of the windows vista autoupdates, grrrrr) ... atleast it works now and im uber happy :D

edit: If anyone EVER encounters the same problem like the one i had today, here is the solution: Installed NOLF2 (german version) and i could run it just fine (the v1.0). Then i changed the registry entries for NetRegionCode (from DE to EN) and Language (from german to english) in order to be able to install the english 1.3 patch so i could apply the blood patch in the end (i need it to unlock the screaming of your enemies when u hit them, so i can determine whether my nade has hit the enemy or not for example).

Then i tried to run the game and it DID NOT WORK!!!!! When doubleclicking the icon, the nolf starting application got launched, but when i clicked play, nothing happened.

After 3 hours of trying different things with no success, i downloaded a fixed lithtech.exe (v1.3) from a gamecopy site and replaced my original lithtech.exe file with that one and suddenly it worked! :blink:

Edited by P!NX

HAH!!! Installed Vista x64 today and now i finally have my 4GB RAM :D

Had Bluescreens when launching vista with more than 2GB at the beginning thou, until KB929777 or smth finally fixed the damn problem (wasnt even part of the windows vista autoupdates, grrrrr) ... atleast it works now and im uber happy :D

I heard about the issue with 4GB or more issue with Vista 64 when installing Vista 64, but I personally don't have any problem. Vista 64 recognizes all 4GB of my RAM. Something about your BIOS for your motherboard as well. Check if you have the latest.

yes i have. I think it's probably a special issue with my assembly, i've seen many people having problems with pretty similar assemblies. Heard that much RAM + GPU's with much RAM, especially in a SLI/Crossfire setup cause problems.

I have Vista 64 Ultimate installed and I have had zero issues with software & compatibility *knocks on wood*. I think gaming is slower than XP but overall it's a pretty good O/S.

hmm i had that impression of slower gaming on vista on my old pc too when i had xp and vista 32 installed at the same time, but my pc wasn't rly good enough for vista anyways. So now with my new PC gaming runs just great, but i guess that's cause my new PC's performance is about 4 times as good as the one of my old :P

Power certainly helps. My computer is also pretty powerful. I have both XP 32 & Vista 64 on the same machine. I go back & forth between the 2 & I do notice a difference. I have heard that Vista 32 is closer to XP gaming performance wise. I still use a few programs that won't install on Vista 64 so I can't get rid of XP just yet.

Yes and it looks like vista x64 doesnt fully support ALchemy (A program that enables Direct3D sound (as in nolf2) for x-fi series soundcards on vista) so the PC crashes (freezing while playing) when running NOLF2 ALchemy enabled :wacko: ----> The sound doesnt sound as excellent anymore as it did on xp and x86 :( Atleast the newer PC games dont need ALchemy and run with excellent sound even without it.

After all i hope that they will fix this problem with the next update release of ALchemy

Crysis runs nearly perfect on my pc even with highest possible details, but obviously the crysis punkbuster doesnt work on x64, so no online playing for me for now <_<

Edited by P!NX

Punkbuster works on FEAR & Vista 64 just fine. Have you tried to update PB at the PB site?

huh?! :blink:

you can have windows XP and Vista installed at the same time?

huh?! :blink:

you can have windows XP and Vista installed at the same time?

Yep. Different partitions on the same hard drive.

as long as both OSes have separate drives/partitions you'll get a choice of which os to boot in the startup.. Install it the normal way but choose a different drive and the bootmenu will appear automatically :)

Punkbuster works on FEAR & Vista 64 just fine. Have you tried to update PB at the PB site?

yes i know... PB works fine with Vista 64 and Battlefield 2142 too. But the PB Client for Crysis doesnt work with the 64bit version of crysis it seems. (The box in the options menu of crysis where you can enable or disable the use of PB is greyed out and not selectable; People have been reporting about this issue in several forums already)

Anyhow, following archers advice, there is a bin32 and a bin64 folder in the crysis installation folder that contain a crysis.exe file each. So if i want to go play online im launching the 32bit version (works, tried it out), for SP im launching the 64bit version :)

edit: and yes, i tried updating the PB too, didnt help

Edited by P!NX

I think Nolf2 is running on Vista since SP1, because before it wasn't working on my 64 Bit Vista??!!

i don't know whether it works "normal" now since SP1 ("normal", as in: launching the game with the cd's), but it worked before SP1 too, if u installed the nocd crack for nolf2 and ran the game without the cd.

Yeah it could be, but Before SP1: I installed it with the CDs and could play it, but if i installed the patches or the mappacks, it wasn't working anymore, he couldn't start the game!

Edited by =NS= Crusader

yes, same here. it worked normally with 1.0 version, but as soon as i put 1.3 on it, it stopped working. Thou, it worked after replacing the original lithtech.exe file with the "cracked" lithtech.exe file from the NoCd Crack.