Voice-com

ONYX

Now that we at unity are all getting nice and cosy rolleyes.gif I thought it would be a nice idea to have a common voice-com, either Ventrillo or Teamspeak so we could talk inter-clan and non-clan.

I haven't a clue whats involved in setting anything like that up or whether you need a dedicated server.............any other views out there?

Good idea Onyx. I really dislike Ventrillo, with all the stupid Lag. You get none in Teamspeak, and I still don't get HOW the hell you can lag in a freakin' voice place. I think TeamSpeak is much easier to use too, you don't have all this options in Vent. Though I do like how vent says who had Joined and if they joined your Channel.

Good idea Onyx. I really dislike Ventrillo, with all the stupid Lag. You get none in Teamspeak, and I still don't get HOW the hell you can lag in a freakin' voice  place. I think TeamSpeak is much easier to use too, you don't have all this options in Vent. Though I do like how vent says who had Joined and if they joined your Channel.

3332[/snapback]

Lag depends of the sever, with good server you don't have lags... but when you mean good server you have to pay more... I used the both i prefer Vent because there are more options it's more complete.

+ When 15 peeps are using the server, it's not like 2 peeps are using it in SFI TS server

To make a teamspeak server I simply active the channel. To get a Vent server I either rent it monthly or pay licensing fee to run my own.

So pay blink.gif or add a server in TS and no pay specool.gif

it's all in the equation wink.gif

for all you nolf1'ers, the jag teamspeak, which is run by clan-world, is 64.34.161.80:8767. However, you have to be granted voice rights by an admin or channel operator if you are not a registered user. We welcome all that want to come to talk with us, (as long as you follow the rules, of course)

I've always used Ventrilo as that was where most the people where. I will try TeamSpeak when I get home. That said I've just looked at the TeamSpeak website and Ventrilo seems to be my favourite still. I don't like the way TeamSpeak looks and also Ventrilo has some nice options that I don't see in the TeamSpeak feature list. Can you select what audio channel your sound plays from? In Vent I can choose what audio channel to broadcast, so instead of my microphone, I can broadcast the Wave/MP3 channel allowing people to hear my music without hearing me talking etc.

Should intro you to one of my Jedi Academy member Leesy. He runs the Radio Peril program while they play Jedi Academy.