Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doffy90

Weird graphic problem.

Guest Doffy90

After Ive played a while the game stops (which has happened to people before) but this time the picture is stretched so I only see stripes and eventually the computer restarts. My computer has no problems with any other games.

After Ive played a while the game stops (which has happened to people before) but this time the picture is stretched so I only see stripes and eventually the computer restarts. My computer has no problems with any other games.

What type of video card?

What version of Windows?

The only I can think of is bad video card (either bad memory on the video card or not enough power to supply the video card), but you stated that other games are OK. I'm just wondering if the other games are 3D intensive applications as well. If it is, then I would probably try to re-install NOLF 2 (remember to backup all mods and save game files).

My next suggestion would be to install the latest Nvidia Driver (latest ForceWare) and see if it helps your situation.

Good luck.

Nvidia Geforce 6800

Windows XP Pro SP3

<3 Geforce 6800!! Was the GPU i used to have before having the Radeon X1950Pro and the two 8800 Ultras i have now :)

And well.. i had exactly the same problem like you too!! Actually it looked like the Card jumped out of its slot a lil from time to time. So when that crashing occured, i opened my pc and pressed down the card again, making sure it's seated correctly in its slot. Afterwards the problem was gone for maybe 2 months :)

Not sure if that was the reason for the crashing, but coincidently or not, the problem was vanished. So yeah, you might wanna give that a try !

Edited by P!NX

Nvidia Geforce 6800

Windows XP Pro SP3

SP3 ? Where's you get that from since Microsoft isn't releasing it until mid 2008........

You could go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest driver for your card.

Guest Doffy90

It said SP3 somewhere but its SP2 with all the latests updates.

Thanks P!nX Ill give it a try.

I would say reseat the card & try different drivers.

SP3 ? Where's you get that from since Microsoft isn't releasing it until mid 2008........

You could go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest driver for your card.

OOoOOOOo! DOFFY YOU HAXOR :P

Or maaaaaaaaaaaybe hes just some top official at Microsoft :wacko:

Guest Doffy90

Ill try moving the card.

@ KG: Yes Im really Bill Gates. ^^