Omg California is On Fire. My home is 28 Miles away

:cry2: Omg you guys there are 8 fires In Southern California Right now. There is 16% containment on one and there is less than 6% on all the others. Northern California is also experiancing fires. All the fires In southern California have gotton out of control because of these Santa Ana winds. The fires have claimed 250,000 acres and continues to burn more by the hour. These fires are similar to the 2003 Cedar Fires but much more dangerous because the fires are much more residential. Very scary stuff. :(

Googlemap of the whole thing

Similar map, with scanner news

ESA images

List of burned addresses

Webcams in the region

Also, power outages

And some more links:

link

link

link

link

link

link

Evacutation map

link

link

No time to sort them out, gotta go to work...

Edited by [TNT] Sonic Goo

ah yeah i saw it in the news today and something bout people having to hide in a stadium .. hope you stay save or some very grown up people in this community will lose their only daily activity (24/7 picking on KG, whatever she says)

funny thou how they showed some VIPs who live close there too. Britney Spears hiding her lips from the camera while talking about the flames :lol2:

I have a friend in San Diego who's 15 - 20 miles from the fire coming up from Mexico but they aren't evacuating her area yet. Looking at the google links Goo shared it struck me how bad it would be if you had a farm in the area. There are places set up to take the large animals / livestock but it looks like they're all filled up. What would you do if you had a herd of something and no way to take them to shelter? Fire is one of my big phobias, I don't know how the people in California can take it year after year. :unsure:

I have a friend in San Diego who's 15 - 20 miles from the fire coming up from Mexico but they aren't evacuating her area yet. Looking at the google links Goo shared it struck me how bad it would be if you had a farm in the area. There are places set up to take the large animals / livestock but it looks like they're all filled up. What would you do if you had a herd of something and no way to take them to shelter? Fire is one of my big phobias, I don't know how the people in California can take it year after year. :unsure:

Its unbelievable Laura. They have evacuated over 350,000 people...Over 120,000 homes.....And theres no good news In sight....The containment is soo low its scary.....My good friend has a home in Rancho Bernardo that was 9 yards from the fire and Amazingly her house is untouched. I have not had to evactuate yet....Thank god....But thisseries of fires comes 3 1/2 years after the cedar Fires which consumed Over 200,000 acres....The santa ana winds here are soo bad that everything is as brittle and dry as a cracker.....Things go up in flames in seconds and after that all they can do is evacuate people cause it spreads sooo fast. they say 90,000 homes have been consumed by the fire....ANd were talking Prime real estate here....2 million dollar houses(starting) and they go up in seconds....This coming after this terrible market we've had for property....and with the California debt we've got here...It just sickens me....my husband is in real este Building and he helped build after the Cedar fires.....ANd they have ONLY JUST FINISHED....insurance agents were screwiing people badly sooo the red tape caused many people to be out of their homes for over a year.... I have a friend....a very deal girfriend of mine whose home was burned in the cedar Fires.....her home is 20 miles from the fire right now....THEY HAVE ONLY JUST FINISHED BUILDING! it makes me sick to my stomach...My home is everything to me....It just sickens me to think it would be reduced to a pile of ash :cry2:

BTW Im wondering: When there were those huge fires in Pelopones, Greece, the reason for the fires were malicious arsons (For example there were few countrymen who burned their own olive trees cause they had a bad harvest, so they would get compensation for loss they suffered from the European Union). The hot and dry weather along with the wind did the rest.

Is something similar the reason for the flames in SC?

Do I have reason to take offense with this statement? <_<

If that is actually a picture of you in your avatar...besides the horrendous bleach job....then no offense intended...my sincerest appologies.

If that is just another picture you stole of a chick selling female sanitary products...feel free to be offended. :)

Yeah, my brother and his family had to evacuate twice....the second time was at 2 AM with embers flying around their backyard while the ridge right behind his house was on fire. That fire was set by a 12 year old girl. It is a miracle that they still have their house. To any firefighters reading this, thank you for all of your hard work.

Almost everyone in so Cal knows someone who was affected by this fire. It has been very stressful and depressing.