Dear Bella,

Can you advise on how can I take a decent pic of myself? The mobile phone's camera isn't that "advanced", I always get pictuures with lot of noise. The web cam ain't much better either.. so I was thinking to get a better digital camera...

I wonder if you can redirect me to a good camera manufacturer or a certain model. Any ideas? :unsure:

Yeah, that is a good idea, but transferring photos from the camera directly to the PC would be much more easier than scanning pic after pic, which has to be taken to a photo printing studio in most cases unless u have something to do that for you, but this will be as expensive as a digital camera too.

From my experience (limited) the more pixels the camera has the better the quality photos. I use a 6million pixel camera, and have been quite happy with the results. Previously a 3.2million pixel camera was not always so well defined (i guess the "noise" you were talking about). I think you can pick up such 6million pixel cameras for about £60, which is not so bad :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I hear photography ^^ .

This megapixel shiat is just bs. 6mp is just fine and you wont find lower than 5 mp anymore. Its the size of the CMOS or sensor of the camera that matters. Bigger sensor = more space for the pixels = less noise ;)

Im a big fan of canon (nikon for DMR) and I use a Canon Powershot A620. and I got an a550 as backup.

a570IS would be a good chose, 200€ (might be a bit more expencive in bulgaria since electronics are relatively cheap here, yaay :) )

^.^

http://idesign.thomasgleich.de/blog/

About this would be the quality you get :)