Client MFC application error

I've been using that launcher to select different resolutions, strange thing is even on regular 4:3 1024x768, or the other wide screen options, it crashes out only when I play DD, all other gameplay modes it plays fine.

i know a solution for you =) run the game in compatiblity of XP SP2 also make it run as admin ;) and you should get it working.. hope it helps..

greetz

Mike

• 5 months later...

I also have the crash problem, and error message refering to this Client MFC application. Also having problem with graphics, reguallry having 3D and texture problem, sky disappearing, can see through 3d modells - doors, drawers, it seems like an empty drawer, but when open it I can see the dossiers. Strange. Sometimes windows are "blind" cannot see though.

My computer is a laptop, Asus N53Jq, i7 processor, Nvidia Geforce GT 425M videocard, driver version is 8.17.12.5942, driver date is 2010.08.16.

May I put on the latest Nvidia driver? What I find is the Driver v.301.42 WHQL

Welcome to the forum.

You'd want to see if that particular laptop's videa supports the T and L that the Nolf 2 game requires (most newer machines do) then certainly I'd update the video driver if there is a newer one.

You can. Also try running it in compatibility mode.

• 1 month later...

Hi, everything went smoothly with the game until I experienced the same MFC error, so I reinstalled the game, changed the compatibility and basicaly I done everything that was said to be done to stop this error, but now their is something wrong with my sound, the sound effects are gone, you only hear music. And when I click "continue game" it tells me there is a error in loading my saved game AND I still get the MFC error. Please..can someone help me, I like playing this game....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i had the same problem, that was (at least for me), a multi-processor problem, i think that the lithtech.exe file, does not work properly with a multi processor machine, (or multi core processor, as you want), i fixed it this way :

- launch the game, normal way

- when in-game, press alt/Tab, then you are back on your desktop

- press Ctrl-Alt-Suppr, then you can launch the task manager

- in the task manager select the "process" panel, and search for "lithtech.exe"

- right click on "lithtech.exe", and then select "define affinity..." (or similar, in french i have "définir l'affinité")

- now if your PC is 7/8 years old you surely have more than one processor, then select only one processor ("UC 0" in Windows 7 X64)

- click "OK", you are done !

this config will last as long as you modify it or until your next format...it worked for me, and i think this can work for many others, just give it a try...

• 1 month later...

Just to describe my experiences:

I had similar issues to the MFC Error.

Win 7 32Bit Professional, Intel DualCore, NVidia GeForce9600M GS CUDA

Numerous and up-to-date Visual C++ Runtime Lib's.

1) Running in compability-mode (all combinations tried) didn't change anything.

2) Forget 'bout the admin-rights for launching.

3) Playing around with graphics settings was furthermore unsuccessful.

The no-cd application reduced the errors to an acceptable minimum, however setting the game to run only on a single processor was the breakthrough. Thanks.

Edited by acecook

• 3 years later...

LoadingCrash patch fixes a bug « Client MFC application error ». Good job. Thanks, GamerX
http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6169

I made the automatic installation of this patch, adding a new SndDrv.dll file ver, from the game Contract JACK. This file fixes problems with the sound. Post Xivader see... http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26974&start=20

Patch Nolf2_Fix_Crash.zip Download from HERE, Uninstall mode and checking the NOLF2 version 1.3 is also present:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xitdxcx33dczcd/Nolf2_Fix_Crash.zip

To increase the speed of the game NOLF2 and FPS should be enabled for Lithtech.exe only one processor core.
1. Remove Compatibility Mode with Windows XP, if you set:..

Right click on the icon of the game - Properties - Compatibility - To remove all the marks - the Ok
2. After starting the game, and the appearance of screen on the entire screen with dancing Cate Archer, click on the keyboard “Win” button or Alt-Tab button. The game will shrink to an icon at the bottom of the screen. Then press three buttons simultaneously Ctrl-Alt-Del and cause the Task Manager, right-click on Lithtech.exe process - "Processor Affinity" - just select "CPU 0" to disable the rest of the kernel - the Ok - exit the Task Manager. Then click the mouse on the icon of the compressed games, the game is restored.
Item (2.) Will have to perform every time you log into the game.

7382.Select-the-logical-processors-for-t

3. Disable anisotropic filtering:
Shortcut game - the Play - Options - Performance - Screen - the anisotropic filtering - Off.
4. . If during the game the graphics distortion, press the Win key or Alt-Tab on your keyboard "check" at the bottom left. When the game compressed to an icon at the bottom of the screen, click on the icon with the mouse, the game is restored to the revised graphics.

Edited by orion98

• 3 years later...

Hello.

I've tried just about everything, including the patch, and I was still getting the error quite frequently, but I've discovered two things:

1.  It occurred more often for the levels where you kill a lot of enemies, when they keep respawning, so a stealthy approach is definitely a good idea.

2. I think it has something to do with the glitchy graphics thing, which can be fixed by alt+tabbing out of the game and then getting back to it; so if you do this every time after you load / quick load a game, the error should be gone. I'm not 100% sure, because I didn't test it it on a very long period of time, I was almost done with the game when I discovered it, but it did work every time.

I hope this helps, good luck.

• 8 months later...

Just reporting on my experience with a similar issue.

Started having the same problem as cuccos19 when I got to the Siberia part of the game: graphics artifacts, see-through objects, random crashing, crashing on loading. After two or three days of troubleshooting, trying every fix in the book and then some, what did it for me was 1) installing the LoadingCrash patch (dealt with crashing on loading but not much else) and 2) Alt+Tab after every loading screen. Thanks, Looka.

Hope this helps someone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2012 at 8:03 PM, rehcraetak said:

i had the same problem, that was (at least for me), a multi-processor problem, i think that the lithtech.exe file, does not work properly with a multi processor machine, (or multi core processor, as you want), i fixed it this way :

- launch the game, normal way

- when in-game, press alt/Tab, then you are back on your desktop

- press Ctrl-Alt-Suppr, then you can launch the task manager

- in the task manager select the "process" panel, and search for "lithtech.exe"

- right click on "lithtech.exe", and then select "define affinity..." (or similar, in french i have "définir l'affinité")

- now if your PC is 7/8 years old you surely have more than one processor, then select only one processor ("UC 0" in Windows 7 X64)

- click "OK", you are done !

this config will last as long as you modify it or until your next format...it worked for me, and i think this can work for many others, just give it a try...

this worked for, thanks if youre still around