Client MFC application error

Whenever i attempt to start a new game it loads and then it quits on me taking me back to XP and i get this "Client MFC application error"

And yes the game is a real copy not pirated and the game is V 1.3

so whats the deal ?

This error seems to rear it's ugly head from time to time.

There have been a few ways to fix it.

Create a new profile and start the game

1. Try to start the game a few times (for most it goes the 2nd or 3rd time)

2. Try running the game in compatibility mode (say windows 2000 if you are running XP as your OS)

3. A complete uninstall then reinstall (first though check to make sure you have all the mappacks (at least the official ones) you can find them in the UnityHQ downloads.

4. Some have had less instances of the error running the no-cd patch that is out there.

Hope this helps some.

Also welcome to the UnityHQ Forum

This error seems to rear it's ugly head from time to time.

There have been a few ways to fix it.

Create a new profile and start the game

1. Try to start the game a few times (for most it goes the 2nd or 3rd time)

2. Try running the game in compatibility mode (say windows 2000 if you are running XP as your OS)

3. A complete uninstall then reinstall (first though check to make sure you have all the mappacks (at least the official ones) you can find them in the UnityHQ downloads.

4. Some have had less instances of the error running the no-cd patch that is out there.

Hope this helps some.

Also welcome to the UnityHQ Forum

1- Done and i still get it

2- same thing happens

3- As above

4- As above

Also when i first starting seeing this problem i thought the game needed a 3D to get it working but that was proved wrong with that Test you can do and yes it passed for me.

I get that on occasion as well. Is this just single player maps or all maps? Also, please if you could list your system specs. Unless you're hardware is out of date I can't imagine why it wouldn't run. Any other info you think might be relevant like video settings would be nice as well.

I've experienced it with some geforce4 cards..

And modding the game to pieces can do it as well :whistle:

You could also try playing with the settings in the launcher..

- Disable hardware cursor

- Disable Triple buffering

Could help

I get that on occasion as well. Is this just single player maps or all maps? Also, please if you could list your system specs. Unless you're hardware is out of date I can't imagine why it wouldn't run. Any other info you think might be relevant like video settings would be nice as well.

Basically everytime i attempt to start playing the single player game i get all the "Chapter 1- cate archer must die" and its loading then i;m guessing it finishes loading and then it does it

These are my specs

-AMD Semprom processor

-2600+

-1.60 GHZ, 448MB of Ram

For the video card VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP

like i said i'm finding it weird if that test thing goes fine.

Did you create a new player profile and then start playing the single player under the new profile?

Doing that fixed the error for me sometime ago.

I did a little search on your graphic card model, and from what I can read on some forums is that the VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP chipset lacks T&L support.. Which is needed for Nolf2 :unsure:

Nolf2 Suported/unsuported Graphic card list

Read about a similar case here

And here

This guy has the same graphic card.

I thought bout the video card too, but now as u said that it doesn't has a tl support, I think I can second and confirm and advise Boomstick to buy some older model like ati radeon 9600 and above or some equivalent gefore card.

I don't really see the point in spending 500$ in a graphiccard that will be old in 6 months,

atleast not on a computer that still runs a 32bit system. It'd be a waste of money.

so for instance a Geforce 6200 ($49.99 at newegg.com) would work great or even a cheaper card.

but as Metal said. I'd stick to known gaming chipsets newer than geforce 4 and Ati's 9200.

(Stay away from Geforce MX400 series)

Ask around if any of your buddies changed a videocard lately, judging from your specifications you'll most likely need a AGP videocard (brown slot).

Hope any of this is useful, and that you'll get to run nolf2 soon :happy1:

• 10 months later...

I aslo have the same problem, one day i even CAN'T play Nolf2, because of this error with "message sending or not sending"! And one day i don't hay any problems.

- I played it on Vista, XP and ME and there are all the same problems

- I played it with another grafic card, nothing changes (ATI HD 3850 and ATI Radeon X 1600 Pro)

- Other Direct X, all the same as before

- It's the original CD

Maybe the game has some problems with ATI grafic cards, i have to look for my very, very old Nvidia Grafic Card, maybe there it's working

So what can i do now, no solutions for this problem??

Greatz,

Alex

Edited by =NS= Crusader

hmm whenever i had a similar problem, i uninstalled nolf2, deleted ALL possible files and folders of nolf2, wiped out any leftovers of the registry entries for nolf2, then restarted the pc, installed the game and it worked fine.

If using vista x64, your problem could also be the soundcard! I've been experiencing problems with my creative x-fi card in combination with the ALchemy program, which first caused my game to freeze completely and then after a restart didnt even start. (MFC client.. ) Vista x64 creates some sort of dummy-folders in the registry... i deleted them, deleted OpenAL, reinstalled OpenAL .. and it's working ever since, lol. No idea if this was it, what fixed the problem.

I just start Nolf over and over and over again until it finally works. For some reason it does.

Although, I get that Client MFC error when I try to join a server, dunno how it is with you other

Edited by Zymon

No, this reason of reinstalling couldn't be!! I tried it so many time, i also reinstalled my whole computer and it doesn't work! I also installed it on three OS, and it wasn't working on all there! Hmmm, you mean with the Soundcard, i have an Realtek, i think......

------------------------------------

Yeah, i also started it many times, but i can't get it running....... This error happens, if i want to join a server, start a singleplayer world, change my profile,.........

• 1 year later...

I had the same "Client MFC application" error when trying to run NOLF 2. In my case it was caused by s3dwrapperd3d8.dll file which is a part of IZ3d driver. Game runs fine after I uninstalled said driver. Hope this helps someone somewhen.

I had the same "Client MFC application" error when trying to run NOLF 2. In my case it was caused by s3dwrapperd3d8.dll file which is a part of IZ3d driver. Game runs fine after I uninstalled said driver. Hope this helps someone somewhen.

Hi BEE,

Do you play multi player, I havent seen around.......or have I?

I get the same Client MFC application problem from time to time, I just try a few times until it works...

I play with XP on a half year old MacBook Pro and use the XP only for NOLF2 :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I had the same problem about MFC error. I'm using Windows Xp 64 edition. I fixed this problem using compatibility mode Windows 98/Me. Now works fine.

• 1 year later...

ugh getting this error on windows 7, will be trying to look into it as it only happens when I choose DD and using the NOFL2 client program, but CP and single player work and deathmatch work using Multiplayer Launcher & Server Mod Beta 0.3.1

I probably should install it properly next time to see, as I installed normally using my cd, then copying everything else in from my XP computer I play on.

Edited by aw614

ugh getting this error on windows 7, will be trying to look into it as it only happens when I choose DD and using the NOFL2 client program, but CP and single player work and deathmatch work using Multiplayer Launcher & Server Mod Beta 0.3.1

I probably should install it properly next time to see, as I installed normally using my cd, then copying everything else in from my XP computer I play on.

You should probably export the nolf 2 registry entries from the XP machine and import them on the Windows 7 one.

• 4 weeks later...

update, I found this thread on another site related to blood 2 which is also from monlith

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/blood_series/client_mfc_application_has_stopped_working_error_with_blood_2/page1

it seems on DD maps for NOFL2, it does not like higher resolutions, since I tried it at 640x480 and 800x600 and was able to get into DD without an issue, but it does not like anything higher wide screen res or 4:3 res such as 1024x768, will try to disable the additional cores on my other systems to see what happens,

Gotta get nofl2 working on another system, since my single core xp laptop is having weird issues after 30 minutes of playing. 800x600 is acceptable for now...

update, I found this thread on another site related to blood 2 which is also from monlith

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/blood_series/client_mfc_application_has_stopped_working_error_with_blood_2/page1

it seems on DD maps for NOFL2, it does not like higher resolutions, since I tried it at 640x480 and 800x600 and was able to get into DD without an issue, but it does not like anything higher wide screen res or 4:3 res such as 1024x768, will try to disable the additional cores on my other systems to see what happens,

Gotta get nofl2 working on another system, since my single core xp laptop is having weird issues after 30 minutes of playing. 800x600 is acceptable for now...

THIS NOLF2 gamelauncher by URA addresses the wide screen resolutions that can cause issues playing NOLF 2.

I've been using that launcher to select different resolutions, strange thing is even on regular 4:3 1024x768, or the other wide screen options, it crashes out only when I play DD, all other gameplay modes it plays fine.