Sign in to follow this  
Caip

Remembering 9/11

"Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door."

- Saul Bellow

Remember the moment and cherish the selfless heroes, for they devoted themselves to the highest virtue of all - compassion.

9-11_3.jpg

I know it's distasteful concerning this tragedy.. but i can only quote the bible here: "You (U.S.A. in this case) reap what you sow" ... It's a shame thou, that innocent people died and not the ones who would have deserved to die... like the NATO bombing and destroying whole serbia and killing innocent people in '99 instead of just killing the evildoers like Milosevic and some of the generals of the serbian army

Edited by Sir I pus

I know it's distasteful concerning this tragedy.. but i can only quote the bible here: "You (U.S.A. in this case) reap what you sow" ... It's a shame thou, that innocent people died and not the ones who would have deserved to die... like the NATO bombing and destroying whole serbia and killing innocent people in '99 instead of just killing the evildoers like Milosevic and some of the generals of the serbian army

I'm forgetting the first part of your biblical comment your holiness, however I will say that I am not quite sure what actions undertaken by the US prior to 9/11 would warrant what these people did. Maybe the good book has a reference you would like to refer to.

Regarding Serbia however I will comment. Maybe your country should have thought better then to throw their support behind a dictator such as Milosevic. Maybe a select amount of your population should not have killed mass amounts of Bosnians, Croations and other members of the former Yugoslavia who were Muslim (I guess you reap what you sow).

While I too would like technology to build a bomb to kill all of those "evil doers" you speak of while leaving the innocents unharmed, unfortunately in times of miltary action innocents are always killed. Especially when the evil doers bravely reside and place armaments in the areas where innocents reside. Bottom line, Milosevic was captured, and died of a massive coronory in the Hague awaiting trial. My crocodile tears are flowing.

I know many people in New York from the Bosnia-Herzogovina, Crotia, Montenegro, who don't seem to think we did such a bad thing.

- You are forgetting the fact that milosevic faked the votes and nobody could do anything against it cause he had the power over everything (police, army)

- True, a bomb that kills only the evildoers cant be invented (i guess), but still it is not necessary to bomb a passengers train while it's running over a bridge. You could atleast wait for the train to pass (which passes this spot only twice a day btw!!!) before bombing, but no, if there is the opportunity to kill people at the same time, why not do it, eh? <_<

- yes, serbian army killed many innocent bosnians, croatians a.s.o. but it's not like their army was innocent either, just cause your media doesnt say it

- as for the people from bosnia, montenegro and croatia who dont think that you did a bad thing... I wonder what they would have said if it was their country being bombed

What i was trying to indicate in my first post, was that it annoys me, that USA always have to be involved in everything, like they were some kind of war-loving "world police". Would you want Russia to be involved if u had some conflict on your continent? Let Europe be our business and NA yours!

So i see that attack of 9/11 as some kind of "burning fingers", to remind USA to stay the f*** out of other continents business, as long as you are not threatened yourself.

Edited by Sir I pus

You are a real peace of sh*t turning a decent topic into something vile by insinuating that the innocent people who were mass murdered in the world trade center deserved or "reaped" their reward.

Sugly please don't tell me you are really this ignorant! How many times has one of the European nations begged for our help? You must be joking if you think the US instigates every problem in the world. Read a newspaper, travel the world, listen with an open mind to the voices of the various people of the world. And please, please, open your eyes...

So let me get this straight, you would rather have Communism or Nazism control Europe (depending on which one won the war they would have had), because acording to your "statement" we should have stayed out of WW2. You would rather have all the opressive and brutal regimes for the contries we helped still be in power. And you would rather have Saddam Hussien still be alive and control about 80% of the world's oil (if you can apply your theroy to Europe, it can be applied else where).

Ok what the hell's wrong with you :blink:

On another note I would like to thank Caip for remembering 9/11

I'm forgetting the first part of your biblical comment your holiness, however I will say that I am not quite sure what actions undertaken by the US prior to 9/11 would warrant what these people did. Maybe the good book has a reference you would like to refer to.

The good ol' US of A has actually overthrown 14 governments worldwide over the last 120 years, starting with the Hawaiian Monarchy in 1893. Since WWII we have bombed 23 countries. It's not always covered very thoroughly in history books, but our country's history is not a clean or pretty one -- lots of bloodshed, and many innocent lives lost. Consequently, there are many groups, around the world who view America as a source of evil, violence, and death. And (despite what some would say) they don't hate our freedom -- they hate what we did to them.

As a country, it's surprising to me, we haven't been hit harder before 9/11. Nobody is suggesting the people in the WTC deserved to die (including Sir O Pus, who describes them as "innocent"), but as a nation, we ARE reaping what we have sown.

We can blame our these leaders for the current debacle, but the leaders who perpetrated most of the older interventions are long since dead. Not much to do but suck it up and take what's coming to us, while preventing what we can. Possibly sending food & medical aid (instead of troops) to some places would turn popular support around in our favor. We don't always need to be the world's policeman or bully. Giving people a reason to join Al-Qaida isn't working.

I love this country, but let's not whitewash our history.

"You (U.S.A. in this case) reap what you sow"

LOL It's easy to say that about a country when you've never been there buddy.

I just want to ask everyone participating in this topic why they are so upset.

Let me show you something: fskpkhbyek.jpg

Let me post that again:

fskpkhbyek.jpg

Oh, and just to make sure the message really sinks in:

fskpkhbyek.jpg

Do I really need to point out that you are being offended by a clown in a tiger costume? Can we just point and laugh at this guy and go home already? I seriously can't believe that this guy can be taken seriously.

Actually that is a picture of Heatman and not sugsen ;)

Anyway, I obviously (?) started this topic in order to remember the day that quite literally changed the world and cost thousands of lives. Whether the USA had it coming or not is irrelevant for this topic. I suppose 9/11 is bound to not be remembered as vividly as it has been in recent years, which is understandable considering that people want to move on. Still, not to remember at all deprives the day of all its meaning.

Actually that is a picture of Heatman and not sugsen ;)

Soooo, does Sugsen dress up like a hunter and chase Heatman around the house. Or perhaps he's a wittle hewlpwess deer. :24:

Anyway Sasha, thanks for remembering.

The good ol' US of A has actually overthrown 14 governments worldwide over the last 120 years, starting with the Hawaiian Monarchy in 1893. Since WWII we have bombed 23 countries. It's not always covered very thoroughly in history books, but our country's history is not a clean or pretty one -- lots of bloodshed, and many innocent lives lost. Consequently, there are many groups, around the world who view America as a source of evil, violence, and death. And (despite what some would say) they don't hate our freedom -- they hate what we did to them.

As a country, it's surprising to me, we haven't been hit harder before 9/11. Nobody is suggesting the people in the WTC deserved to die (including Sir O Pus, who describes them as "innocent"), but as a nation, we ARE reaping what we have sown.

We can blame our these leaders for the current debacle, but the leaders who perpetrated most of the older interventions are long since dead. Not much to do but suck it up and take what's coming to us, while preventing what we can. Possibly sending food & medical aid (instead of troops) to some places would turn popular support around in our favor. We don't always need to be the world's policeman or bully. Giving people a reason to join Al-Qaida isn't working.

I love this country, but let's not whitewash our history.

When danger reared it's ugly head!... Ah you can finish the rest :P.

Good to see you again BSR.

Now I never said nor attempted to suggest that our government past or present is as pure as the driven snow.

However for every blot on our historical past you can mention, I can come back with many more situations where our country aided an oppressed people bettering their situation. Of course one would expect to come back with the alterior motives that MUST be the case for every good work we have ever done as a nation, but then on we go.

So all these bass ackward nations who ask from us (not through the media of course) but through political channels, we should basicaly tell them to F**K off as it will only put our nation in harms way. It will be interesting to see 10 years after this new foreign policy takes place what the world will look like, and what our safety will look like.

You also mention sending food and medical equipment to those in need. Who sends the most $$$ (or equivilant currency) in aid annually to Africa? (it's not San Marino ;) )

So finally you suggest we should "suck it up" and take whats coming to us.

Negative, we rachet up things a notch. Invade Eastern Pakistan and clear out the entire area, whether the Pakistani people care or not. Oh dear, we may make them upset. Horses--t. If push ever came to shove, we could give that nation right back to India on a silver platter (granted more glass like in apearence).

Will there be reciprocity? Yup, but at the end of the day, when the dust has settled, the head will be chopped off the beast.

Mr. Puss thinks his Euro left wing liberal ideology is something new to us. It'll be the day when I get a history/civics/political lesson from a teenage refugee punk who smokes herbal cigs, and thinks he's a rebel.

- You are forgetting the fact that milosevic faked the votes and nobody could do anything against it cause he had the power over everything (police, army)

- True, a bomb that kills only the evildoers cant be invented (i guess), but still it is not necessary to bomb a passengers train while it's running over a bridge. You could atleast wait for the train to pass (which passes this spot only twice a day btw!!!) before bombing, but no, if there is the opportunity to kill people at the same time, why not do it, eh? <_<

- yes, serbian army killed many innocent bosnians, croatians a.s.o. but it's not like their army was innocent either, just cause your media doesnt say it

- as for the people from bosnia, montenegro and croatia who dont think that you did a bad thing... I wonder what they would have said if it was their country being bombed

What i was trying to indicate in my first post, was that it annoys me, that USA always have to be involved in everything, like they were some kind of war-loving "world police". Would you want Russia to be involved if u had some conflict on your continent? Let Europe be our business and NA yours!

So i see that attack of 9/11 as some kind of "burning fingers", to remind USA to stay the f*** out of other continents business, as long as you are not threatened yourself.

You are a F@#$ing piece of $h1t that i will never again speak to nor read of. Goodbye.

So when u don't like argues on the internet, y r u always starting them? :P

and this is for y'all :)

still-retarded.jpg

This picture is labeled with the product49smjp4.jpg pin, you have failed.

And, seriously:

siripusepicfailes2.png

Two words.....MARSHALL PLAN

btw the Reader Rabbit got a chuckle. As did the framed thinga ma bob.