NOLF 2 Exploit Fix Mod v1.3 Beta - By Dan

SAssER

Hey.. I think most of you still don't know but there is a

NOLF 2 Exploit Fix Mod v1.3 - By Dan (August 2007) *BETA*!

expfixv13.jpg

Overview:

Prevents the following exploits from being used:

* Modification of key attribute and model files (over 150) used for multiplayer (1.3):-

* A file called verifybutes.txt holds a database of files to check when the

game first starts.

* If any invalid files are found (i.e. they don't match the entry in

verifybutes.txt), the game will shutdown.

* When the client attempts to connect to a server, the server compares the

client copy of verifybutes.txt with the local copy to ensure they match.

* If they don't match, the client is kicked from the server.

* If you receive a message stating that "xxx file is invalid" when starting

the game, ensure you have no other custom mods loaded.

For more information & download, check out this post at www.**************.com

*pasted from spawnsite.net forums*

Thanks Dan your work is greatly appreciated!

yaaay we're gonna use this for the tournament, aren't we? :)

Is it possible to make that mod the new retail? ... Instead of selecting this mod in the startup menu, it would be great if it would be loaded automatically or something. Cause else adding those mods to the servers would prevent new players from joining the game, which again would quicken the process of nolf2's dying ;)

Is it possible to make that mod the new retail? ... Instead of selecting this mod in the startup menu, it would be great if it would be loaded automatically or something. Cause else adding those mods to the servers would prevent new players from joining the game, which again would quicken the process of nolf2's dying ;)

Well we can have only few servers loaded with the thing or having specific hours and days for the mod. :)

And do u remember how u started playing nolf 2 mp modes like DM, TDM(if :P) & DD? There was those Mappack1 & Mappack2 that u had no idea u have to download to make those modes work for. :) So Idon't see how 1 more download can effect the new players of nolf2? Unless if they had already started nolfing in the past month... I can remember of only 1 name atm. :) It wont that hard to redirect 1 person. As for the new players we can pin a post at uhq, describing them thatthey have to download the Mappack1 & 2 n the Exp-Fix 1-3. :)

Edited by METAL

well.. I started playing nolf2 in december 2005... it took me about 2 days to find out that there is more than just "coop" for nolf2 and it took me another month to find unityhq site and with it the "how-to" get doomsday running....

What I'm trying to say, is that although uhq is one of the biggest community sites for nolf2 it cant be found that easy! Me myself i only found it cause there was this serverissue with the "WS_Timed Out" and some "Vereesa" guy/gal asked about this in DIH forums (which i also only found after 3 weeks) and E1 directed us "DIH-noobs" to this site here. ... Funny thing that i wouldnt have met my former gf, if that serverissues didnt happen, lol :P

well.. I started playing nolf2 in december 2005... it took me about 2 days to find out that there is more than just "coop" for nolf2 and it took me another month to find unityhq site and with it the "how-to" get doomsday running....

What I'm trying to say, is that although uhq is one of the biggest community sites for nolf2 it cant be found that easy! Me myself i only found it cause there was this serverissue with the "WS_Timed Out" and some "Vereesa" guy/gal asked about this in DIH forums (which i also only found after 3 weeks) and E1 directed us "DIH-noobs" to this site here. ... Funny thing that i wouldnt have met my former gf, if that serverissues didnt happen, lol :P

We I just googled NOLF 2 websites and found our site here as the 3rd listing ;) (took about 2 seconds or so :P )

On this fix. Since most of the Nolf 2 people can't access that site that shouldn't be named (ok The site that shall not be named......ow that hurts to type :P ) If you all want to see it used we'll set it up to download so "everyone" in this community who wants it can get it.

A FYI I pulled the link out of the post above cause I get this (as do most other Nolf 2 players) when you try to access that "site"

The Glue Factory - Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/showthread.php?p=73488 on this server.

You may have been banned from this server.

Error Generated on: August 28, 2007, 11:44 pm

So if they can't let the entire community go there then it's not much of a community site in my book :aaevil:

Actually my computer (when i first went online with the game) said "there is an update for nolf2 would you like to download" then i got the maps a day later when some people in co-op told me to come play dm and dd

Lol, that's much nicer than what I used to get when I tried to login to the site which won't be named. They must be mellowing. :angel:

LOL Fuzzy

Anyhow you can download it from here (especially if you get the message that I do when going to that place that shall not be named) UnityHQ "Community" Downloads :happy1:

A mod is much more easy to update then the whole game....

Short or long....more short in my opinion...some crackers

sure find a way to hack da anticheat mod and a new one is needed.

Ever looked in DM the last months?...a lot of players from Czech are

coming now and we all better learn czech. :wacko:

They don't speak english and you need a lot of patience...

better say it's impossible to tell them the server rules...

Better run the DM-server without mod or they doomed :rolleyes:

I don't know how u happened to find in 2 days, pls tell me. In my case I was just playing nolf 2 sp n coop... haven't really searched for ther mods that much... then after finding the DM maps, I found the DD after Leftnut or someone else told it was poor I didn't had them... that was 1 month after I started nolfing.

btw Veeresa is gal and was 16 years old when I met her. I used to hang in DM with her almost everyday. She rly good in nolf, but left. :(

p.s.: u've been in 1 clan with joker;-) fyi. :P

Lol, that's much nicer than what I used to get when I tried to login to the site which won't be named. They must be mellowing. :angel:

I never had any problems with them tbh, except 1 account registration faliure. That's all.

A mod is much more easy to update then the whole game....

Short or long....more short in my opinion...some crackers

sure find a way to hack da anticheat mod and a new one is needed.

Ever looked in DM the last months?...a lot of players from Czech are

coming now and we all better learn czech. :wacko:

They don't speak english and you need a lot of patience...

better say it's impossible to tell them the server rules...

Better run the DM-server without mod or they doomed :rolleyes:

I never had that much problems with them. They r actually a nice crowd sometimes. And some of them talks English good enough to get the server rules. The only rude thing that 1 of them told me was: Metal brutali cheater. :P

Well all u need is a little patientce and not to take them that much serious.

Edited by METAL

And as you can see in the above post one's (over 30's with no live, posting in a game community forum, when obviously having nothing else to do in his spare time) commands in general are crap, and bcs having nothing to add up in the subject of the topic where he's posting in. And bcs of being depressed he posts thus negative comments toward other posters or persons in this particular topic. :) Check wikipedia if u want, I believe you will find a diagnose for your current state.

As you can see from the above post, one's command of the English language is not obligatory.

Oh, was that English??! I took one look at it and got dizzy so I skipped it. Sorry metal, too many abbrev. hrts my head & then I cnt read what U are trying to say, so plz don't abbrev. so much thnx! LOL!!! :24:

And do u remember how u started playing nolf 2 mp modes like DM, TDM(if :P) & DD? There was those Mappack1 & Mappack2 that u had no idea u have to download to make those modes work for.

I do remember actually like it was yesterday. There was info when I tried to join online in the "message of the day" box at the bottom that gave info to where I could find that stuff; unfortunately I don't think it's still there but to be honest I don't pay any attention to it anymore.

I agree to whoever said that if it's a mod you have to download and select before playing that it will be a major nuisance. I really don't want to have to restart NOLF2 just so I can change servers. If you can find a way without me having to change from retail mode, I am so game. :happy1:

Just used it and 2 problems:

1. Taskbar flashes in game.

2. I already hacked it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! that didn't take long (number 2). ....................... guess we need Zero to make us a fix eh? :aikido: