Sign in to follow this  
METAL

Web design...

Hi, can anyone help me with the coding of my page... I want to add scrolling box for text like the news page of unity hq. I am sry if you find this question noobish, but I am still newbish at the coding. :wacko:

I hope you got what I am trying to say. :unsure:

Edited by METAL

Hi, can anyone help me with the coding of my page... I want to add scrolling box for text like the news page of unity hq. I am sry if you find this question noobish, but I am still newbish at the coding. :wacko:

I hope you got what I am trying to say. :unsure:

We do that with a PHP page (it draws it from the topic on the forum.

Ahh. Thx! :mml: I'll try that when I get more advanced... I mean when I get to know the basics. :24:

I was asking just for the scrolling function.... how do I add one... :ashamed:

Ok, I found how to do that with the php like the unity news page, but I still can't find how to put a text box with independent scroller or how to put 1 page into another as the unty clans's section f.e. :blush: Help?

Edited by METAL

Though I can use different technics, but if anyone can copy/paste some example code. :blush:

Edited by METAL

Where at UnityHQ is it? I need the example, because I don't really know what you mean exactly ^^

Well...

http://www.unityhq.net/

Then press clans...

u'll see that the in the adress bar nothing has changed.

So what? I still don't get what you mean ^^

"scrolling box for text"???! What has it to do with the address bar?

Do you mean frames? Or do you mean something like

<marquee>+ + + News + + +</marquee>

:blush: I am too newb at coding.

I mean how to make a web site to acts like unityhq's help files, clans, games, links, downloads...

e.g.: How can I have a stable part like the menu on the left and in the same time like in right another where the different section are being displayed... Any better? :|

I belive yes. Thank you! I am just starting to work with Dreamweaver. :blush: Many thx! :)

Edited by METAL

LMAO. :D I just found the function which adds the scroll and other stuff around in dreamweaver and I didn't had to type a single bit of code. :mml::lol2::blush:

Edited by METAL

Had anyone ever uploaded a site in their lives? :blush: If so what I have to do type in the site root field, the ftp adress and the prefix url? :unsure:

Edited by METAL

I have. I think* the data you're supposed to fill in there come from where you want to host it. Do you have a host?

*doing this from memory

Edited by [TNT] Sonic Goo

Resolved that aswell. :D Thx anyway! :D

So what? I still don't get what you mean ^^

"scrolling box for text"???! What has it to do with the address bar?

Do you mean frames? Or do you mean something like

<marquee>+ + + News + + +</marquee>

your retarted ^^

[my bro is a noob coder :P]

In Dreamweaver, you need to modify your frameset, and split your frame down or right or left. From there, you will have one master frameset (the index file), and then whatever number of subfiles, one html file for each frame window. Dreamweaver does this well, and if you examine the coding it creates for the master file, you will decipher it all in a hurry.

Also, if you use Explorer as your ftp connection, type something like this in the address bar:

ftp://metal@somedomain.com

where "metal" is your username, and "somedomain.com" is the site you are connecting to. There may be slightly different address protocols; check with your host's tech section.

From there, you get basic folders that you drag and drop stuff into.

Edited by kepler

Thx for the further responses. :D

I've figured a lot of stuff including this issue I had from start. The problem here was that I had to put the stuff in the http/www folder that host has specified. Howso the default setting is better to be left with empty line, unless the host requires the files to be placed in a specific folder as in the case...

I've changed few hosts since then... anyhow I couldn't figure out the freehostia system so far. :blink: That's why if I don't get to live on the street, I'll start using a payed host. :P

Edited by METAL