Team Say

It's a IT department's headache too (Microsoft's need to feel they have to save your PC from you :whistle: )

WORD :aaevil:

After reading this I don't know I want vista ever :unsure:

Unless you replace your machine etc there is no real reason to fork out $$ for Vista. Granted it is supposed to support direct X 10 but there isn't any games out yet that really utilize it. Plus you run into compatibility problems with older programs. Not to mention driver support for older hardware, such as printers and scanners.

For those of you having this problem under Vista, you simply right click on the Nolf2 exe and choose "run as administrator" and it should solve your problem. You must do this even if you are already logged in as the administrator. It's an added layer of security to help keep your pc safe.

I think if NOLF2 was installed on C:\Program Files, it gives this problem. Vista really beefs up the security for this folder, thus the game needs to be run as administrator. Vista will not let the application change any files or folders under the C:\Program Files tree. I have NOLF 2 installed in different folder and I don't have to run it as administrator.

But I agree, Vista is really giving headache for Sys Ad and border line annoying. No more default System share anymore. And of course the whipping UAC.

Edited by {BAB}Mr. Archer

Yea, if my pc werent so expensive id punch it in the face!! :aaevil: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Save that energy and just punch Microsoft in the face instead, seeing how they're responsible for the crappy Vista and all....

Save that energy and just punch Microsoft in the face instead, seeing how they're responsible for the crappy Vista and all....

I'm going to disagree with you. I find Vista to be more robust, more secure & driver support is great. This is especially true with Vista 64. I do also run XP because some older software isn't compatible with Vista. Aside from that it's Vista all the way.

I find Vista to be more robust, more secure & driver support is great.

Maybe some, but I've found that the majority of it is the same as XP with a flashier interface slapped on it. Not to mention, they have a lot of new bs restrictions on there like for instance not being able to copy CDs? Eventually I'll have to upgrade if I want to keep up with the times, but I'm going to wait at least until I see they've made some attempts to seriously improve the operating system.

Stability is high priority for me too, but so it the freedom to use my operating system completely as I see fit. (as I have done in the past)

Edited by Triggerhappy

Stability is high priority for me too

R\

Yes stability is a good thing but all work and no play makes Trig a dull boy lol. havent seen u, ok im just posting cuz i came up with a signature and i wanna see if it works :whistle: if u know what its from cooool

Stability is high priority for me too

R\

Yes stability is a good thing but all work and no play makes Trig a dull boy lol. havent seen u, ok im just posting cuz i came up with a signature and i wanna see if it works :whistle: if u know what its from cooool

You should go read your clans fourms ;)

Maybe if you sweet talk it, and buy it dinner... :angel:

ya but u know what that leads to, she'll fall for me and start callin way too much and i'll get annoyed and bored and wont be able to answer my phone or log onto msn and mannn restraining orders are just so time consuming to fill out i'd rather just avoid the whole situation lmao --btw i may be a wingnut :happy1: