Team Say

Here's a question someone asked me that I'm clueless on...

Has anyone heard of a problem with teamsay not working in the game? Hitting the 'y' key does nothing because the option refuses to stay assigned to it or any other key. Weird, huh? :blink:

I wonder if Sadistic Marine asked this question. :)

Anyway, it happened to me once before when I played around with Vista and NOLF 2 installations. I don't know if this is a Vista issue or a NOLF 2 installation issue. At that time, even I modified the text file under the profile folder, the teamsay still couldn't be assigned to anything. I didn't try to create a new profile at that time.

Since then tho, I've reinstalled Vista + NOLF 2 few more times and never seen the problem anymore.

I suggested to Sadistic (through PM) to reinstall NOLF 2, but maybe simply by removing and adding a new profile fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

yeah this is a Vista issue. I had it too and I also wonder, if SadIstic asked this question ;)

I don't know what actually fixed it but I didn't reinstall NOLF2 nor Vista.

I play NOLF2 in Windows XP compatibility mode.. maybe you just have to try it over and over again and one day it'll work. :)

If you copy this section into your player.txt it should fix the issue (did on my Vista) drag it out to your desktop to make the edit then put it back into your C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\Profiles it's caused by Vista's need to "protect" us from editing files FYI

[bindings]

Forward = "##17@ @ "

Backward = "##31@ @ "

StrafeLeft = "##30@ @ "

StrafeRight = "##32@ @ "

Left = "##203@ @ "

Right = "##205@ @ "

Strafe = "##56@ @ "

Speed = "##42@ @ "

Jump = "##57@ @ "

Duck = "##46@ @ "

TurnAround = "##14@ @ "

LeanLeft = "##16@ @ "

LeanRight = "##18@ @ "

RunLock = "##58@ @ "

DuckLock = "##29@ @ "

Fire = " @##3@ "

Activate = "##28@##4@ "

Reload = "##19@ @ "

NextAmmo = "##33@ @ "

NextWeapon = "##26@#U@ "

PrevWeapon = "##27@#D@ "

HolsterWeapon = "##35@ @ "

LastWeapon = "##45@ @ "

MoveBody = "##34@ @ "

Flashlight = "##38@ @ "

LookUp = "##200@ @ "

LookDown = "##208@ @ "

ZoomIn = "##44@ @ "

CenterView = "##207@ @ "

Inventory = "##50@ @ "

ViewKeys = "##49@ @ "

ViewIntel = "##23@ @ "

Score = "##25@ @ "

Mission = "##15@ @ "

CompassToggle = "##40@ @ "

Radio = "##47@ @ "

SendMessage = "##20@ @ "

TeamMessage = "##21@ @ "

Yes this is my question lmao, thank u all so much for helping me out and being patient with me im so computer illiterate. It wouldnt let me uninstall arch, so i reinstalled it and now i think i am lucky it works at all. I'll try to switch the bindings when i find out how to access them lol. ugh-- well Finger 11 tonite!!!

ahhh , ok i went into the profiles folder and there is nothing in there but default, and when i try and open it it tells me it needs to install something into my internet explorer, do i need to do this or is there some funny vista black magic goin on here.-= Im starting to think the computers dont like me=-

yeah this is a Vista issue. I had it too and I also wonder, if SadIstic asked this question ;)

I don't know what actually fixed it but I didn't reinstall NOLF2 nor Vista.

I play NOLF2 in Windows XP compatibility mode.. maybe you just have to try it over and over again and one day it'll work. :)

Aww when i read this "Windows XP compatibility mode" for a second i hoped that this would fix my lag with nolf2 in vista :blush: ... but actually it doesn't :'(

So i guess i'll have to continue switching the OS everytime i want to play nolf, haha :D

Hmm I never had lag in Vista..

Maybe this helped: I deactivated the User Account Control (UAC), because it is really anoying.

Yes this is my question lmao, thank u all so much for helping me out and being patient with me im so computer illiterate. It wouldnt let me uninstall arch, so i reinstalled it and now i think i am lucky it works at all. I'll try to switch the bindings when i find out how to access them lol. ugh-- well Finger 11 tonite!!!

Hi Sad,

You need to be an administrator in order to uninstall the game. E1 has a better suggestion tho, but either way, you need to be an administrator to access C:\Program Files\ folder.

Vista guards "C:\Program Files\" folder, thus changes are very limited (or restricted).

My other thought would be to give an administrator access to the application itself. If you right click on the Lithtech.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility Tab, under the Previlege Level, tick the Run this program as an administrator. The side effect tho, every time you start the game, the annoying UAC pop up will keep asking you for permission (the most annoying feature from Vista).

I know I think I overcomplicate the matter, but make sure you have an administrator account and follow E1 suggestion.

Let me know if you still have a problem.

thx arch, but my profiles folder is empty, it jsut says default and looks like a hassel to open, it wants to do some kind of search to open the file so i imagine its not right. I have two profiles i use in mP and neither of them show here. im getttin sick of nothing working right and i think im just gonna leave it alone for awhile til im a lil less spiteful of the damn thing. Is there a command prompt text i can type to make it tear the game outta my computer??

Sadistic,

I think I know what's going on. Since your NOLF 2 is installed on C:\Program Files, Vista prohibits even the application to add files under that Profile directory. It happens to me with other application that I have installed under C:\Program Files.

Just do a search for player.txt. My guess would be under C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\..., but please do a search for sure.

If all fails, I guess just get yourself an admin access and uninstall and re-install the game into different folder, i.e. C:\Games\NOLF2.

Hopefully it helps.

muahhha i bought xp online, when i get home im takin the labtop in to have vista removed im not dealing with it no more, $160 and one day without it is well worth the price to end all the stupid hassels vista presents, if this sounds like a bad idea lemme know i have 8 days before i get home----thx-=Sad=-

muahhha i bought xp online, when i get home im takin the labtop in to have vista removed im not dealing with it no more, $160 and one day without it is well worth the price to end all the stupid hassels vista presents, if this sounds like a bad idea lemme know i have 8 days before i get home----thx-=Sad=-

Make sure you do clean install, and before you do, make sure you have all the drivers for your peripherals handy. I don't blame you that you want to go back to XP. There is really no reason to upgrade to Vista right now besides it's just the latest and greatest. XP is a very stable OS and widely supported.

Good luck with the XP installation.

XP is a very stable OS and widely supported.

Very true, but you might remember that it hasn't always been like this ;) I Remember that when XP was new there was only problems with it according to PC magazines... just the same like it is now with vista "Don't buy XP it's not worth it! ... Million Bugs"

Many Updates made XP what it is now :) ... and the same will happen to vista sooner or later ;)

Very true, but you might remember that it hasn't always been like this ;) I Remember that when XP was new there was only problems with it according to PC magazines... just the same like it is now with vista "Don't buy XP it's not worth it! ... Million Bugs"

Many Updates made XP what it is now :) ... and the same will happen to vista sooner or later ;)

Agreed.

I'm actually running all Vista on my home PCs. For casual users tho, XP should be good enough until Vista gets more support in the future. I feel, though, the rate of support for Vista from software/hardware developers have been really slow comparing to XP. Just my $0.02.

are you by any chance a college student? most universities have an education deal for OS/software. (or if you have a friend or family member in college)

i got a copy of xp pro for $20. vista ultimate for $34.

Lodingi solved the teamsay mystery for me!!!!!! i wasnt running the game as administrator, that did the trick, im happy--thx all for helping me out c u on the killing fields lol

For those of you having this problem under Vista, you simply right click on the Nolf2 exe and choose "run as administrator" and it should solve your problem. You must do this even if you are already logged in as the administrator. It's an added layer of security to help keep your pc safe.

For those of you having this problem under Vista, you simply right click on the Nolf2 exe and choose "run as administrator" and it should solve your problem. You must do this even if you are already logged in as the administrator. It's an added layer of security to help keep your pc safe.

It's a IT department's headache too (Microsoft's need to feel they have to save your PC from you :whistle: )