Belladonna

Reunion Weekend?!

A while ago RXS suggested to me that we have an event to encourage past NOLFers to come back to playing, even if only for a day or two. Well, it's time to get that under way!

Everyone is invited to an all weekend reunion event

Friday, July 27 - Sunday, July 29!!

This is specially aimed at players that haven't been around in a while. It'll be up to all of us regular players to contact those we miss and invite them to this special event.

Instead of having a locked UnityHQ server, I thought it would be fun to keep it open to everyone and rotate playing times between the three main DD servers. It would go something like this: (all times eastern US)

10:00am - 12:00 noon ~ NS Euro Server

12:00 noon - 2:00 pm ~ POOP Server

2:00pm - 4:00pm ~ SFI U.S. Server

4:00pm - 6:00pm ~ NS Euro Server

6:00pm - 8:00pm ~ POOP Server

8:00pm - 10:00pm - SFI U.S. Server

Since I haven't spoken to the other clans about this things might change. This is only a suggestion... but a strong one. It'd be great if everyone could come together for once to have fun. If the owners of the servers want to have a special type of game in their server at a certain time/day, that would be fine. I'm suggesting we avoid custom maps in the NS and SFI servers to make it easier for the returning players to get into a game. The exception is the POOP server, which has the special maps already included in the POOP download. One download is about all some NOLF people can handle in one day. lol!

Hey, by any chance does BAB have a Ventrilo server? That way you could be represented in the event too. If not, UnityHQ has Teamspeak that is always running.

So what do ya think? Sound like fun people? :D

It does sound like fun! A good idea Bella (I like the way you think) :blush: Although it might take some some arm twisting in addition to strong arming and some good thumping in heads to get some to return. I imagine the servers will be mostly empty throughout the weekend even if the old players do decide to show, but I'm sure it could be lots of fun anyway.

BTW, I know for a fact that BAB does have a Ventrilo server (even though I've never seen anyone use it) and I imagine that they would share their server info...but then again, I won't assume anything. If not, I know Fzy has a server which I'm sure she'd be okay with sharing for the weekend. Let me know if I can help out! Good luck too.

Edited by Triggerhappy

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Since I have not played since this AM, you must be addressing me, Bella. :D

It does sound like fun! A good idea Bella (I like the way you think) :blush: Although it might take some some arm twisting in addition to strong arming and some good thumping in heads to get some to return. I imagine the servers will be mostly empty throughout the weekend even if the old players do decide to show, but I'm sure it could be lots of fun anyway.

BTW, I know for a fact that BAB does have a Ventrilo server (even though I've never seen anyone use it) and I imagine that they would share their server info...but then again, I won't assume anything. If not, I know Fzy has a server which I'm sure she'd be okay with sharing for the weekend. Let me know if I can help out! Good luck too.

And i know that we (ff5) have a ventrilo server, for quite a while now. it's up to the monkey leaders, if we want to share the classified server information, though :o

Sounds like a nice idea :)

(and one of the few weekends this summer that I will be around :) :) )

BAB have a Ventrillo server which can certainly be made available, however it is limited to only 18slots :rolleyes:

I'm sure 18 slots will be more than enough, Cheese. Are you BAB guys cool with sharing it for the weekend with everyone? If you'd rather not it's no problem at all. I just wanted you included somehow.

Catmama! About time you showed up! ;)

Even if we don't get a lot of oldtimers to return it will still be a fun time playing with the regulars. For one of the SFI server time slots I'm thinking we'll try out Natter's 'Core' game which SFI members have had a great time playing together. Instructions, date and time would be posted closer to the event. FF5 and NS can think up something different to do as well if they want to. :)

Once all the details have been decided I'm planning to send out a mass email to everyone registered here and at SFI, hoping to attract older players to come back for a weekend. :mml:

It's also important to spread the word to any old timers that you are still in contact with. For example, I still touch base with Thor (some of the veterans around here will remember him) so I will contact him and let him know about it.

RXS - Thanks for the invite. I will reload NOLF2 on my system and see if I can get up to speed. If you have links to new maps and such that would be great.

I miss the days of NOLF2. It was a great community. If there are any times that people play I will see if I can hone the skills so I don't get toooo jacked up.

Thanks again

Ryan

Well I pick up the bill for the vent server :) and I will make sure it will be available :)

Be glad to help, and make a BAB offering :)

You can get all the downloads you need from here: http://www.unityhq.net/

Click on the downloads button on the left side of the screen.

You can get all the downloads you need from here: http://www.unityhq.net/

Click on the downloads button on the left side of the screen.

The maps you'll need are in the UnityHQ mappack and th Fall mappack

I'm sure 18 slots will be more than enough, Cheese. Are you BAB guys cool with sharing it for the weekend with everyone? If you'd rather not it's no problem at all. I just wanted you included somehow.

Catmama! About time you showed up! ;)

Even if we don't get a lot of oldtimers to return it will still be a fun time playing with the regulars. For one of the SFI server time slots I'm thinking we'll try out Natter's 'Core' game which SFI members have had a great time playing together. Instructions, date and time would be posted closer to the event. FF5 and NS can think up something different to do as well if they want to. :)

Once all the details have been decided I'm planning to send out a mass email to everyone registered here and at SFI, hoping to attract older players to come back for a weekend. :mml:

I am happy that we can add up with something like a clan. :D Besides, it will be great to finally use vent with more than 5 players at a time. :P

I am thinking if we can slip a DM time for 1 hour maybe. :blush: Some oldies might like it. :unsure: Anyways that's just a suggestion.

Thanks RXS btw! :D Great idea! I rly hope it will work!

Edited by METAL

Does anyone know how to contact Cassiel? I wouldn't mind seeing him again if he's still reachable. I know I'm forgetting somebody else I was thinking of earlier, but I just can't quite remember who. :unsure: Although I'm sure it's a longshot, I'll invite Your Father and Your Son unless anyone objects (I know Your Son still has NOLF2).

Woohoo!! THOR! Already we have someone cool coming back to play with us! How cool is that? :happy1:

How about if a DD server is full people move to DM until it clears out, Metal? Plus all the other hours not listed (non prime time) could be DM.

Thanks a bunch, Cheese!

So... NS and FF5... are you guys cool with your servers being used in this little reunion?

Does anyone know how to contact Cassiel? I wouldn't mind seeing him again if he's still reachable. I know I'm forgetting somebody else I was thinking of earlier, but I just can't quite remember who. :unsure: Although I'm sure it's a longshot, I'll invite Your Father and Your Son unless anyone objects (I know Your Son still has NOLF2).

Already sent an invitation to YourFather.....

Just invite.....no one will object.

Already sent an invitation to YourFather.....

Just invite.....no one will object.

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned I already invited him and his son after I posted about it...oh well, if he gets multiple invitiations maybe he'll think more of it than if one guy sends him stuff.

Already got ahold of Cassiel, I think he's planning on being there.

Very good idea bella :D

Id say yes its allright for =NS= but im not the one who goes about this lol :P but I think its allright its a gr8 idea!

Cool idea Bella :D

What I forgot to thank Bella? :blink: (anyways, it is written in my signature. *cough*, *cough*).

Edited by METAL

Save all the thanks for afterwards if people actually show up and have a good time. ;)

Well if it succeed then I will really do what I 've promised about my siggy. ;)

Edited by METAL

Does anyone have Morgenholt's address so we can let him know about it? *braces for the backlash*

Does anyone have Morgenholt's address so we can let him know about it? *braces for the backlash*

:24: