Custom Maps won´t load. Please help!

I downloaded 6 custom maps (cable car, fun, terrorism et al.) and threw them first in the resources folder, then the custom folder, then the data folder - but they won´t load when I try to enter a DD game in progress. What do I have to do? (I´m using a Mac G4 with 10.4.9) :blink:

Hi, Hugo! :D Welcome to the comunity. First download the mappack from unityhq.net download section. You can have only 4 maps in the custom foldder. Extract the mappack in Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\custom\resources\ . Then try and see if they work. U have to be sure that u don't have more then 4 mods in the mod folder.

The problem maybe also that u r mac user too. But give it a try. ;) It may work.

Edited by METAL

thanx for all your help - but no, it still doesnt work. now I have only 3 ".rez" - files in my resources folder, but when I want to enter for example "terrorism in tokyo", I get the reply "unable to load world resources" ........ :angry: and to NS Unknown: I dont understand "lots in 1" whats that?

and to NS Unknown: I dont understand "lots in 1" whats that?

..Er meint, dass du nicht jede Map einzeln in den resources Ordner tun brauchst, sondern dass es ein großes sogenanntes "Mappack" gibt, das alle Custommaps enthält ;) .. Ist halt auch 'ne .rez Datei, die du in den resources Ordner tun musst :) Danach sollte es laufen!

Edited by suglylinni

Danke Superspy - aber zwecklos... Habe UHQ_DD_N2_CUSTOM_MAPPACK.REZ runtergeladen und in den Resources-Ordner gelegt --- aber immer "unable to open..." buhuhuuu!

No work. Anybody else? I put UHQ_DD_N2_CUSTOM_MAPPACK.REZ into my resources folder but still get "unable to open..." when I want to enter Cable Car or Terrorism..... crying out loud```````` :c-1:

Maybe it's cos you are a mac user, and the custom don't work on macs. Atleast tha tis what I have heard, I don't know ...

Did u unzip it btw?

Of course I unzipped it. I´m a Mac-user, but not stupid :D But You may be right. Although it´s a ".rez" and although there are the official ".rez" like "MapPack001.rez" in the folder, the game may not accept the custom-rez, cause they were written on an windows-machine... very sad. but that´s no reason for buying a microsoft-product now :P THANX EVERYBODY, I will see You all only in the official maps.

You should try to contact UnkAnon he is a Mac user too and maybe can help you. I think he at least got a mod to work on his Mac :)

http://sficlan.net/invision/index.php?showuser=396

Maybe also ask Xeverytime - He helped UnkAnon:

http://sficlan.net/invision/index.php?showuser=567

You should try to contact UnkAnon he is a Mac user too and maybe can help you. I think he at least got a mod to work on his Mac :)

http://sficlan.net/invision/index.php?showuser=396

Maybe also ask Xeverytime - He helped UnkAnon:

http://sficlan.net/invision/index.php?showuser=567

Hugo, I PM'd you about this, and I also posted a response here ( http://www.unityhq.net/forums//forums/inde...?showtopic=1794 ) and on the SFI forums. Bella also pm'd me about it, asking me to see if I could help you. SFI--Sasser, Bella, Xeverytime--I can't say enough nice things about them and how they try to help everyone. Hope it all works for you, Hugo, and my offer to try to work it through with you on TeamSpeak still stands, and I was serious when I said you should get TeamSpeex for Mac so you can do TS!

PS, play while you can, if there is an update to NOLF2 and the servers adopt it, the Mac might be out in the cold, as I doubt there will be an update for the Mac version. Unless of course, you run one of the new Macs with the intel chip and launch the dark side (Windows) with a windows version of NOLF2.

[sFI]UnkAnon

Okay, like I already wrote to UnkAnon, this problem is S-O-L-V-E-D !!!!! Hard to believe, it was so easy! Like UnkAnon told me, I downloaded NOLF ModHandler v2.0.1. and instantly landed in Brussels and on Mars! A new realm opened for me. I am happy Hugo now. And I want to THANK UnkAnon, Bella, Sasser, Metal, Sugylinni, Heatman, Unknown for guiding me thru this maze!

See You all in DD !!!

Thanx

Hugo :mml:

LOL ok. :lol: Congrats. :D But u have to thank mainly to Unkanon ... and Bella :P & SaSSer, xevery too.

No one else much needed to be thank. :P

Btw Unkanon, there isn't any perspectives about nolf 2 update. So you can play it untill there aren't any servers left or when we have no master server :P The custom update is coming in 2020 and the official isn't coming at all.

Edited by METAL