I've noticed that some people have been riding their hobby horses through threads where they don't belong. So I've decided to make a thread especially about metal to get rid of that.

In order to increase the effectiveness of this thread, I shall now flame you with a Why Metal Sucks list:

1. Ten thousand notes per second is not skill, it's wankery

2. Music tends to sound better when it's loud. Good music still sounds good when it's quiet. Guess where metal fits in.

3. Trying to look hard usually just makes you look ridiculous

4. As for emotional impact, the only metal song that actually ever touched me was Metallica's one, with the soldier in hospital video - I think it was the video that did it.

5. Metal knows only one emotional setting: negative. Metal once tried to be more positive, the result: hair metal.

6. Hair metal

7. Metal lyrics...

Well, I 'frell'ed a queen, I 'frell'ed 'frell',

I've even sucked an old man's 'edited'.

So what, so what.

And I 'frell'ed a sheep, I 'frell'ed a goat,

I rammed my 'edited' right down its throat.

So what, so what.

So what, so what, you boring little 'frell'.

...yawn

8. Metal is now Eurovision.

9. Death/Trash/Doom or whatever they call that unintelligible mess

10. Gothic metal - as relevant as fantasy literature

11. Are even the big names in metal in any way relevant? Metallica peaked late 80s/early 90s, System of a Down only get good when they start ripping off the Pixies, Rammstein has an interesting style, which is fun for about one album...

12. Nu metal wasn't even nu when it started

13. Speaking of which, could someone make it clear to musicians in general that mixing metal and rap is in no way clever, interesting or new?

14. Does metal have any kind of social relevance? Has it ever moved anyone to do anything? Has it ever spoken for a generation or other group of people?

15. If you'd have to choose something to symbolise the state of metal anno 2007, what would it be? I'd say... Ozzy! SHAROOOOOOON!

I wonder if that'll do it...

Sonic Goo' date='May 24 2007, 04:16 PM' post='72161']

I've noticed that some people have been riding their hobby horses through threads where they don't belong. So I've decided to make a thread especially about metal to get rid of that.

In order to increase the effectiveness of this thread, I shall now flame you with a Why Metal Sucks list:

2. Music tends to sound better when it's loud. Good music still sounds good when it's quiet. Guess where metal fits in.

4. As for emotional impact, the only metal song that actually ever touched me was Metallica's one, with the soldier in hospital video - I think it was the video that did it.

5. Metal knows only one emotional setting: negative. Metal once tried to be more positive, the result: hair metal.

6. Hair metal

7. Metal lyrics...

So what, so what.

So what, so what.

...yawn

11. Are even the big names in metal in any way relevant? Metallica peaked late 80s/early 90s, System of a Down only get good when they start ripping off the Pixies, Rammstein has an interesting style, which is fun for about one album...

13. Speaking of which, could someone make it clear to musicians in general that mixing metal and rap is in no way clever, interesting or new?

14. Does metal have any kind of social relevance? Has it ever moved anyone to do anything? Has it ever spoken for a generation or other group of people?

15. If you'd have to choose something to symbolise the state of metal anno 2007, what would it be? I'd say... Ozzy! SHAROOOOOOON!

1. Ehh? :blink:

2. Ok, so I can't listen to metal and girls aloud, latin songs, doors and some other "quet" stuff. And btw Quet doesn't need to be depresive every time. (the working link)

3. Well I don't know who you tryingto desscribe, but you're right, trying to look hard ain't help.

4. As for impact at all, metal does not ends and starts with metallica, :P . Try to educate yourself more before posting remarks suck as that on things u r not prepared. Btw t"this" video that made it, actualy was the video that prooved wrong the words of the lead singner of that band: "We are never gonna do a video!".

5. Well if you're talking of death or goth or ... negative metal.... :rolleyes:

6. Why not?

7. This is actualy a punk cover by Metallica, that u quote there. :lol:

8. Yup, and so? :huh:

9. Maybe... depends on what u mean.

10. Agree. :D

11. Try look into MegadetH lyrics. :P As I said Metal does not start or end with metallica, although Dave Mustaine was there soo... it surely don't ends. :P

System of A Down are not metal. Rammstein are not metal.

12. Nu-metal is not metal.

13. Yup, here you're right.

14. Well if you have missed the 80's... & the 70's... and the todays... Maiden makes millions a year currently, only from live shows, I think that this speaks well...

15. I'd say: UNITED ABOMINATIONS.

Goo a Flamer? I mean I kinda suspected but....

Anyhow in the words of Goo "I heard my cue!"...

(Cracks Knuckles)

Other 10,000 note per second wankers lacking skill. You may have heard of a few

See response above, or is all classical music played in hushed tones?

Same thing goes for looking to look rebelious in other ways....like forums!

LMAO, my fav by far...

Darkness imprisoning me

All that I see

Absolute horror

I cannot live

I cannot die

Trapped in myself

Body my holding cell

(bang head...bang head...repeat)

Landmine has taken my sight

Taken my speech

Taken my hearing

Taken my arms

Taken my legs

Taken my soul

Left me with life in hell

Very touching (tear) indeed. And compleeeetelly missing the point of listening to metal in the first place.

These Bastards!

Son of a 'witch'!

Burn in hell!

6. Hair metal

Agreed, but again you are missing the point.

7. Metal lyrics...

So what, so what.

So what, so what.

...yawn

Exibit A your honor...

Sonic Youth- Goo

My Friend Goo

my friend Goo has a real tattoo

she always knows just what to do

she looks through her hair like she doesn't care

what she does best is stand and stare

she can play the drums in two

and the boys say :'Hey Goo what's new?'

[Hey Goo what's new?]

my friend Goo just says :'Hey you'

my friend Goo just says :'Hey you'

i know a secret or two about Goo

she won't mind if i tell you

she likes to wear green underwear

and they stand almost anywhere

she doesn't have nothing to do

and the boys say :'hey Goo what's new?'

[Hey Goo what's new?]

my friend Goo goes :'Hey you'

my friend Goo goes :'Hey you'

she won't mind if i tell you

i know a secret about Goo and you

and she sticks just like glue

and the boys go :

[Hey Goo what's new?]

my friend Goo just goes :'Hey you'

my friend Goo just goes :'Hey you'

Goo Goo Goo

Goo Goo Goo

Goo Goo Goo

my friend Goo

Goo Goo Goo

talkin' 'bout Goo

Goo Goo Goo

my friend Goo

Goo Goo Goo

you would too

Goo

:D :D :D :D :D

BAD metal is now Eurovision

I don't like a lot of Death metal myself...not all metal is the same.

Relevant to who? It's )P(*)(P metal you dolt! Seriously dude take a drink, a laxative, something!

Subjective...and again It's )*)_*)(* metal you dolt!

no comment

Sooo Disturbed sounds JUST like Aerosmith and Run DMC's Walk this way?

Ahh you mean like the music of the late 60's, anti-vietnam, peace, love, hippies....who now work on Wall Street making a S--t load of $$$. Viva la revlucion!

Actually it would be when Ozzy pissed on the Alamo...but that's just my opinion.

Sonic Goo' date='May 24 2007, 06:37 PM' post='72165']

yay! I caught one!

Nu metal, SoaD and Rammstein are not metal? Then what are they?

A Crap.

Edited by METAL

6. Hair metal

7. Metal lyrics...

So what, so what.

So what, so what.

...yawn

but i like it anyway :closed:

Sonic Goo' date='May 25 2007, 04:04 PM' post='72185']

Yes, they're METAL.

(I wonder if you can make a living with trolling.)

I remember they gave a grammy to jetro tool ... :rolleyes: yep, music industry don't get a 'frack' from music at all, although they make a whole loads money from it.