There is hope for Europe yet!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool.

President Bush swiftly phoned the new president-elect to offer congratulations.

...you mean they actually let him make phone calls? I'm suprised they let him. :)

“The United States and France are historic allies and partners. President Bush looks forward to working with President-elect Sarkozy as we continue our strong alliance,” said Gordon Johndroe, spokesman for the White House National Security Council.

*Insert badly faked German accent here*

And zey laughted az I buried my V2 in ze garten! Eva, prepare ze bunker! Don't forget ze Sauerkraut!

BTW KNIX, I have to add that your subject title: "There is hope for Europe yet!" (welcome back to reality France) is really condescending. Perhaps you don't realize it or you were just joking, but that title could just as easily fit the US! :) Not to sound unpatriotic or un-American (because I love my country as you do KNIX), but we could really learn a lot from France. Sorry, I felt it had to be said because I don't want the other countries here to think that ALL of the North Americans feel the same. :lol:

but we could really learn a lot from France. :lol:

Please enlighten us.

anyone see the picture of the loser in her bathing suit? momma!

I think I speak for everyone when I say.......HUH!!

BTW KNIX, I have to add that your subject title: "There is hope for Europe yet!" (welcome back to reality France) is really condescending. Perhaps you don't realize it or you were just joking, but that title could just as easily fit the US! :) Not to sound unpatriotic or un-American (because I love my country as you do KNIX), but we could really learn a lot from France. Sorry, I felt it had to be said because I don't want the other countries here to think that ALL of the North Americans feel the same. :lol:

I think I speak for every American when I say thanks Trigger. I'm sure there is a lot we can learn from you and your vast wealth of knowledge on how the world works. :)

I think I speak for every American when I say thanks Trigger. I'm sure there is a lot we can learn from you and your vast wealth of knowledge on how the world works. :)

You know maybe if you'd take that head of yours out of your @$# and took a good look at the rest of the country, you might find that New York might be a tad bit out of touch with the rest of the country. :) That's okay, play it safe and make it about me. :D

Please enlighten us.

EVERYONE watch this video, he explains my point better than I ever could!

Click here

...and KNIX, that great statue of Liberty...the one that looks like the bowling trophy, yeah, that's from France. :) Wake up people, US has a lot to learn from other countries!

Knix' date='May 7 2007, 06:15 PM' post='71911']

Word...

France gives us a statue = we have a lot to learn. How about that little thing we gave them.....what was it???? Oh yeah, the lives of thousands of US military soldiers for their liberation from the Nazis.

yes... perhabs U.S. may have what to learn from other countrys but that wont happen from statues i think . . . I get what Triggerhappy trys to say, but he did it in the wrong way . . .

Edited by METAL

How about that little thing we gave them.....what was it???? Oh yeah, the lives of thousands of US military soldiers for their liberation from the Nazis.

You're missing the point, France has a lot to offer that we don't. :) I never said France was perfect, quite the contrary I think it stinks (literally) but for an American to talk about it like they're so much better is like the pot calling the kettle black.

trigger took a wrong turn in trying to explain s/t I don't think I am doin' better than him so I'll stop .. if u want to explain u what I meant pm me. tongue.gif

Yes metal...what are you saying? :lol:

I don't want the other countries here to think that ALL of the North Americans feel the same. :lol:

Well, *I* sure do feel the same as Knix! I wouldn't want the other countries her to think that ALL of the North Americans agree with Trig!

You're missing the point, France has a lot to offer that we don't.

Hmm, I'm not saying there isn't something (the Belgians make some great beer) but, Trig, could you perhaps name one country that offers its citizens a better opportunity for a free and prosperous life than the U. S. of A.? Please give details.

Well, *I* sure do feel the same as Knix! I wouldn't want the other countries her to think that ALL of the North Americans agree with Trig!

Hmm, I'm not saying there isn't something (the Belgians make some great beer) but, Trig, could you perhaps name one country that offers its citizens a better opportunity for a free and prosperous life than the U. S. of A.? Please give details.

Are you blind? Can you read English or are you just high? :) I said (since I have to spell everything out for you guys) "I never said France was perfect..." I said that, yes, go back and read my post since you apparently didn't before. That means that I think France has it's own set of problems (I've been there, I know) and I would never ever ever ever eveeeeeeeeeeeeeer want to live there. I am saying however, that they do (as many other European countries do) have a lot of their sh&8 together in areas that we don't!!! I'm saying that we aren't really in any position to tell France "welcome back to reality" and "There is still hope for Europe yet!" I love America, but sometimes the things we say as a nation make us sound high and mighty but by the looks of things lately we really are not. We have freedom, liberty, and bla bla bla yeah, but just about everything else is in the sh(*er! All I'm saying is maybe it's time some of these pig headed Americans admit that we could definately learn some things from other countries. :)

They invented sex during the day, lingerie and the tongue.

See, Trigger, that's how you get people to actually click a link. :P

BTW - would this be a good time to point out the Sarkozy is from the same party as the guy who famously denied the US their Iraq resolution and inspired all that hysteria about 'freedom fries' and 'France surrenders'?

Sarkozy will later be mentioned in the same breath as Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and our very own Helmut Kohl - all great conservatives that are best known for one thing: great economics. Zip unemployment, privatisation of the most sensitive government-owned businesses. Improvement of health care goes without saying. Disempowered unions? Best thing since sliced bread!

Typical altruistic representatives of the people.

Edited by Alexa

Sonic Goo' date='May 8 2007, 08:25 AM' post='71934']

They invented sex during the day, lingerie and the tongue.

See, Trigger, that's how you get people to actually click a link. :P

BTW - would this be a good time to point out the Sarkozy is from the same party as the guy who famously denied the US their Iraq resolution and inspired all that hysteria about 'freedom fries' and 'France surrenders'?

1.Soooooo what does your party have to do with the price of tea in China? Are you going to once again harrumpf something that is obviously a possitive for the US? In the words of the great American Gomer Pile "Suuuurpreyes, Suuuurpreyes, Suuuurpreyesss.

2. Freedom Fries =Stupid PR, not hysteria

France Surrenders = well... often the truth :)

Trigger-

While you are entitled to your opinion, can you actually answer our question and give an EXAMPLE of how France has the SH8* together.......since you've been there :D.

Alexa-

Yes I agree. We should take all incentive to better themselves monitarily. How about we just create a global commune? There will be no leaders, or followers, no hierchy in acheivement.

Not athletic? 2 left fee? NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE! Athletic contests going forward will always end in a tie, and every athlete competing in the Olympic games will go home with a medal....IN THE COLOR OF THEIR CHOICE!!!!!

Studying too hard? NOOOO PROBLEM! The government will do your homework for you!

Working 9-5pm seem like a long time to work? No worries! Cross out that nasty old 5pm and put in a 4! Make sure to take your 1 hour lunch too!

Power to the people!

(goes to the shower, as is now dripping with sarcasm)

Edited by [FF5]Knix