Weird sound problem

Guest Doffy90

Guest Doffy90

Well I have installed my computer over and over again but still it wont fix this. I have also installed the latest driver of my sound card but still its screwed up. I have also tried to reinstall the sound like the pinned topic says but that didnt help either.

The sound just disappears and then comes back and it goes like that all the time and its REALLY annoying.

That and maybe lower hardware acceleration. Do so by hitting Start, Run... type in dxdiag and press enter, find your sound device and drag the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level slider one or two left. Also lower the sound quality from the game's settings.

• 3 months later...

I have a really weird sound problem as well. Everything seems to do great for the exception of certain music in custom maps. The weird part about it is that not ALL of the music has problems, just certain ones. For example: in Wiky's Exile to Egypt the music in the middle plays fine but the music around the devices doesn't play or at least I can't hear it....why is that????!!! It's been like that for years; I didn't even realize there was music there until I installed it on my laptop a year ago and I was confused. Also the song in SPACESTATION by spawn doesn't play (I even two players and the same time in the same game and I could still only hear the music coming from my laptop. Same deal in SFI Bunker; can't hear the music.

Now, on Midnight Massacre I can hear them. On Forest Temple it sounds great as well (except for some wierd drop in the tone when I move around on occasion)

What is causing this? Why are only some of the music in the custom maps playing on my computer and some aren't? I can't imagine my sound card is doing this, but I really have no clue what's could be causing this.

TY for your help in advance

• 1 month later...

Trigger,

It's basically my fault. That was the first time I used custom looping sound not originaly from the SDK. It was from free music off the internet. The problem is, it wasn't compatible with all sound cards. I should have tested it out on a few more systems before releasing ETE. I fixed the problem by taking the sound out in my ete for CJ. But those songs added a lot of ambience.. I missed them in CJ!

Trigger,

It's basically my fault. That was the first time I used custom looping sound not originaly from the SDK. It was from free music off the internet. The problem is, it wasn't compatible with all sound cards. I should have tested it out on a few more systems before releasing ETE. I fixed the problem by taking the sound out in my ete for CJ. But those songs added a lot of ambience.. I missed them in CJ!

Actually Wiky, all I had to do was turn off my hardware sound in the game options where it says "Disable Hardware Sound" and ALL of the music from all of the maps comes in crystal clear. I figured out that if the sound was anything but "mono", like the temple music for example was "stereo" it would not be heard.

The only difference is that I don't hear some of the echoing effects I got in small hallways like I did before, and I can hear sound effects underwater. I've been happier ever since I disabled my hardware sound, (realized it might be the fact that I'm not using a soundcard for sound) and the problem was solved.

BTW, I really liked that music for the map. I'm glad I didn't see the CJ version or I might have been disappointed! I find the music gives it that flavor I can't refuse!

Good to hear from you!