Sign in to follow this  
Triggerhappy

Ghostbusters 3

IPB Image

Should it happen? I've read that Dan Aykroyd has been trying to get a Ghostbusters 3 on the big screen now for over a decade. Apparently he's had quite a few setbacks and close calls over the years, and finally gave up. I've also read though that he is trying to get it going again, and reprise most of the original cast including new members that will take over as the new generation. The script that's been named "Ghostbuster in hell" has been written and revised, and had hoped to have Ben Stiller as a new ghostbuster as well as a few others. I really don't know much more than that, and the rest that I've heard is probably just rumors. I started this topic because I find this to be an interesting event, and as a fan of Ghostbusters, I hope that if they do in fact create a third sequel, that it is a decent one.

Please share your opinions on this topic, I'm interested to hear what the fans have to say. Edited by Triggerhappy

Ghostbusters III? I don't know. It would mostly likely end up being all about special effects instead of the characters, which is what a lot of movies do now. So many sequels or redos are very disappointing to me for that one reason alone... lack of good character development. Since no one compares to Bill Murray right there is a stumbling block for me. I suppose it could be done and maybe even be funny but I can't say it's a sequel I'm all excited to see made. Nothing will top the Stay-Puff marshmallow man in the first. ;)