Finished NOLF2 for the first time in 2017.

NanoTech

I played Contract Jack many years ago and didn't played any NOLF games.

After years, I recognized the real game is NOLF. So downloaded from here and played. Thank you for all effort to  keep the game alive.

If you finish a game you like, you will be sorry for that. Because you connected with the characters. But this effect decreases over time. 

Here are my thoughs about NOLF2. (Sorry for spoilers. It isn't something like giving a spoiler about Star Wars: The Last Jedi, eh ? ;) )

Generally, very nice game. Especially compared to Contract Jack.

Searching for stuffs, action, atmosphere, musics, gadgets, being a spy, funny moments, a sense of humour... A lot of good things waiting you if you never played the game. I'll generally write the cons of the game but this isn't shows that I don't like the game. I like it too much. :)

For example:

"The greedy capitalist spy had stolen my weapon!" (And he starts crying...) :D

-----------

Cate Archer is a mixture of both James Bond and Rambo. You are killing everybody by yourself. It isn't logical but funny.

BUGs. Bugs are annoying. The very common bug is music problem. If you disable the music, problem solved. But also fun of the game will reduce. It stutters and sometimes 2 soundtrack mix unfortunately. Sometimes some doors will not open. You'll have to try reloading the game etc.

Japan chapters:

I really don't know why we are using a crossbow instead of silenced firearms. And why Japanese beauties don't use firearms instead of katana, shuriken etc. things. 

Siberia chapters:

Killing everybody like a rambo as I said before. But the documents and soldiers are so funny. :) But I'm also scared sometimes.

India chapters:

Full of fun. Escaping from police, the English accent of Indian HARM guards, stupid mimes, the mime king, funny soundtrack that contains sitar sound... Funny moments. But mime king BUG is annoying. Just pressed T, wrote "maphole" and finished the final stage of the chapter.

Antarctic chapter & Super Soldiers:

Scary chapter. It is something like ghost city, Chernobyl? :P 

But Super Soldier thing again isn't logical. I'm so sorry for the man and the girl of him. 

"Who is disturbing me? Abegail, is that you?" Just escape from there for the God's Sake.

HARM secret place, Isako, The Director, Dimitri Volkov, HARM soldiers:

Again, funny NOLF moments here. No doubt.

Underwater (or Undersea):
Interesting. The best chapters for me. But square HARM soldiers are weird. :D

Khios:

This game deserves much better final chapter I think. The worst chapter is Khios for me. Sorry.

General gameplay:

NOLF2 is a science fiction game or something. The story can continue with NOLF3 but Monolith created Contract Jack instead of it, unfortunately. J.A.C.K refers to Just Another Crappy Killer. (abbreviation...)

Cate Archer:

Pure beauty. Here is the beauty order for me:
NOLF2 Archer > Mitzi Martin > NOLF1 Archer.

Allright. The review finished at least for now. Any questions ? :) 

Edited by NanoTech

• 3 months later...