MP Error Messages = Help?

So there I was on Sunday playing DD, having a good time, when my computer totally freezes in the middle of it. Even the button to restart and ctl+alt+delete won't work to turn off the computer. Physically unplugging was the only way to get things going again. Since I haven't felt well I didn't try to play NOLF2 again until tonight. First I get the 'WS_Timed Out' message. I restarted the computer and now I'm getting the 'Incorrect CD Key' message. Normally I'd think the master server was down, but I was able to find out people were playing online. This leads me to think it's a problem on my end. Anyone have suggestions? Oh, and please don't say reinstall, last time I did that it took me weeks to get back to playing NOLF2.

Heya Bella....Im experiancing the same problems tonight as well getting the invalid CD KEY message...retyped it several times still nothing :(:( ...Not a error with computer i reinstalled and deleted all files still nothing....Metal not much of help buddy....But yeah id like to have some suggestions From the technilogically advanced out there.....PLease I cant live with out my NOLF2!!!!

I'm actually getting the invalid CD-key message too, not the first time though and can't remember what happened last time (think my computer crashed soon after that or something and I had to install everything again). Everything was still working last night.

I've received those messages hundreds of times. There are a few ways around it. Sometimes a simple restart of the game will clear it. Other times I've tried to "connect" 2 or 3 times, When all else fails I go through GameSpy.

METAL - I wasn't freaking out in the least bit and the server wasn't down. Like I said, there were other people playing online at the time. Reinstalling NOLF is always a last option.

KG - I just checked and all is working fine now. Whatever it was only affected some of us, I guess. Are you able to get on now?

RXS - One more person suggests doing away with NOLF in favor of FEAR I'm going to start going postal on them. :angry:

Evelyn - Hey, nice to see you! Are you still getting the error message?

Belgaron - Hey sweetie! (See how nice I am to those that don't mention FEAR, RXS?) I've gotten the messages before too but it usually clears up after a couple attempts. If that doesn't work then it generally means the master server is down. Since I could see there were people playing through the DM console I figured it wasn't a server issue and something with me and my cranky computer. As for GameSpy... no thanks. That program is way too intrusive, I don't trust it at all.

Conclusion - Things are back to normal for me and I have no idea why but I'm thanking the NOLF gods for it. :D

Conclusion - Things are back to normal for me and I have no idea why but I'm thanking the NOLF gods for it. :D

Yes, nice to see you too! Actually things were back to normal the next time I checked...which was a few hours later after I had posted...maybe something in my post got the nolf gods to allow us girls back in

Dunno, but i had some weird things going on with my nolf2 lately too! Everytime I started my computer, along with other autostart programs like the driver software for my mouse, joystick, headset a.s.o., the system tried to uninstall nolf, lol! Entering "msconfig" showed that "D:/Setup" was part of the autostart list and i deleted that entry and the problem was gone :P

Dunno thou why this happened, haha

METAL - I wasn't freaking out in the least bit and the server wasn't down. Like I said, there were other people playing online at the time. Reinstalling NOLF is always a last option.

KG - I just checked and all is working fine now. Whatever it was only affected some of us, I guess. Are you able to get on now?

RXS - One more person suggests doing away with NOLF in favor of FEAR I'm going to start going postal on them. :angry:

Belgaron - Hey sweetie! (See how nice I am to those that don't mention FEAR, RXS?) I've gotten the messages before too but it usually clears up after a couple attempts. If that doesn't work then it generally means the master server is down. Since I could see there were people playing through the DM console I figured it wasn't a server issue and something with me and my cranky computer. As for GameSpy... no thanks. That program is way too intrusive, I don't trust it at all.

Too Funny Bella....Yeah stop PROMOTING FEAR HERE IN NOLF2 *baps RXS* STOP IT!!!

I think all is well with everything ty guys...

First off part of the process done by the master server is to check the CD keys.

So I'm assuming that there was a master server issue of some sort.

Now there is a "workaround" for this issue but it's not entirely ethical so we won't go there.

Even the button to restart ... Physically unplugging was the only way to get things going again.

For future reference -- last several years, computer power buttons have worked diffenently than in the past. If you ever *really* need to do a "hard" shut down of your PC (i.e. you're unable to shutdown normally and need to force it to power off) just press and hold your power button for about 5 seconds. No need to crawl around back and unplug it!

For future reference -- last several years, computer power buttons have worked diffenently than in the past. If you ever *really* need to do a "hard" shut down of your PC (i.e. you're unable to shutdown normally and need to force it to power off) just press and hold your power button for about 5 seconds. No need to crawl around back and unplug it!

I tried that. I did! This was the first time it wouldn't work. Freaked me out some. I was terrified it wouldn't reboot but it did, thank goodness.