Custom Map Pack Update

There's a new version of the mappackinstaller that is uploading at this moment.. This will take about 2 hours to complete. this release will include a new dedicated server and a possibility to choose a custom installdir during install.

For the ones that has already downloaded the mappack, check for updates to get the new dedicated server :rolleyes:

You mean a new server exe I assume?

Did you make it part of the default install or is there the option to decline it? Or is the new server exe the only way the server is going to run this?

Now I just need you to setup the ability for servers to give files to the clients (a file download basically) :whistle:

lol! hope this does the trick then :)

The new nolf2.srv works exactly the same way as the old one, except that i also loads the mappack folder.

I think that you can use the old one too, and just add -rez mappack to the commandline but I won't guarantee that it works

Now I just need you to setup the ability for servers to give files to the clients (a file download basically) :whistle:

Yeah.. let's talk about that in a few years, when I finally figured out how to do that :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity I didn't see Blue Sky, Cable Car Station, Building Battle Advance, and when I managed to get the rotation to Clubdead, the server froze while loading the map! So the server isn't even on the list anymore. :blush: Didn't mean to break your server!

Any who, just thought I'd give you a heads up on that in case you weren't already aware!

I didn't put every single map available on the Customs server. There are around 15 maps running at this time. Eventually they'll be changed again. Some mentioned a while back not liking having to go through so many maps to come back to one they liked.

I didn't put every single map available on the Customs server. There are around 15 maps running at this time. Eventually they'll be changed again. Some mentioned a while back not liking having to go through so many maps to come back to one they liked.

Bella picked the list :whistle:

*ducks*

That's okay, didn't really care about that just noticed it.

Any way, I went through it again and same thing happened during Clubdead load. I talked to Spawn about it and he thought it was because you had an outdated version of that map but I dunno. You should either update it or perhaps leave it out of the rotation for now because it's only causing the entire server to crash. If I don't do it, the 20 min time limit will switch it there for me and it will crash regardless...and then we don't see any more maps. :(

Also, when coming from War In Wizenthrick Too to Brutal in Brussels my game screen turns black and eventually crashes (not server) This is the second time it's happened. While only a minor inconvenience to me, I thought you might like to know!

That's okay, didn't really care about that just noticed it.

Any way, I went through it again and same thing happened during Clubdead load. I talked to Spawn about it and he thought it was because you had an outdated version of that map but I dunno. You should either update it or perhaps leave it out of the rotation for now because it's only causing the entire server to crash. If I don't do it, the 20 min time limit will switch it there for me and it will crash regardless...and then we don't see any more maps. :(

Also, when coming from War In Wizenthrick Too to Brutal in Brussels my game screen turns black and eventually crashes (not server) This is the second time it's happened. While only a minor inconvenience to me, I thought you might like to know!

Hmmmm ok do you have the link for the "updated" one handy by chance?

This should work

and here's a version of nolf2srv with added support for the mappack.

Apart from that it works the same as the original one

nolf2srv

A FYI it created the mappack and updater folders plus it populated the root folder (In a non-standard install path) with all the individual files too (so I had to clean it up a bit afterwards).

I noticed your nolf2srv doesn't log either :(

On a plus note the server is running the maps from the mappack folder now so everyone go give it a try :happy1:

A FYI it created the mappack and updater folders plus it populated the root folder (In a non-standard install path) with all the individual files too (so I had to clean it up a bit afterwards).

I noticed your nolf2srv doesn't log either :(

On a plus note the server is running the maps from the mappack folder now so everyone go give it a try :happy1:

What exactly happened? by root folder you mean?

and when it comes to clubdead.. it made the server dead again.. Guess removing it from the mapcycle is the best thing to do :whistle:

There's obviously a double resource somewhere. Perhaps i should just rename the whole map to something else

What exactly happened? by root folder you mean?

and when it comes to clubdead.. it made the server dead again.. Guess removing it from the mapcycle is the best thing to do :whistle:

There's obviously a double resource somewhere. Perhaps i should just rename the whole map to something else

The installer put in the mappack and updater folder then put the contents of those folders into the main folder of the server.

I took it out of the rotation for now Spawn (until it's fixed)

We played all the new customs last night and they ran awesome! :mml:

We would have enjoyed playing Clubdead :( , so I hope that we can figure out what's causing it to crash the server so we can get it in there! :)

If there's anything I can do to help you Spawn, you know how to get a hold of me!

We played all the new customs last night and they ran awesome! :mml:

We would have enjoyed playing Clubdead :( , so I hope that we can figure out what's causing it to crash the server so we can get it in there! :)

If there's anything I can do to help you Spawn, you know how to get a hold of me!

Cool glad the server's working great for everyone :happy1:

Of various reasons, we've made new mappack in rezformat, this one also comes with an installer/uninstaller.

But without a updater function. This system is on hold for now.

And since the mappack as it is now requires a own nolf2srv to run, this will make problems for Dan's anticheatfix since his version of nolf2srv.exe relies on rezfiles to work, this is a better sollution.

Back to the good old fachion mappacks!

Please uninstall the previous version of the mappack for now and check this one out instead.. Its a fully updated rezfile containing all known maps up to this date :)

The installer will automatically find your custom/resources folder but there's also an option to choose a custom installpath.

same url as before:

Download here

content:

- Maps

- readme file

Of various reasons, we've made new mappack in rezformat, this one also comes with an installer/uninstaller.

But without a updater function. This system is on hold for now.

And since the mappack as it is now requires a own nolf2srv to run, this will make problems for Dan's anticheatfix since his version of nolf2srv.exe relies on rezfiles to work, this is a better sollution.

Back to the good old fachion mappacks!

Please uninstall the previous version of the mappack for now and check this one out instead.. Its a fully updated rezfile containing all known maps up to this date :)

The installer will automatically find your custom/resources folder but there's also an option to choose a custom installpath.

same url as before:

Download here

content:

- Maps

- readme file

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: