Custom Map Pack Update

Eliteone is planning to do some updating to the huge customs mappack this coming weekend. If you have a new map or updated map that you want included in it please let her know ASAP!!

• 3 months later...

Ummm.... how about the update? January 30 => and now may 20 :)

Still in the works sorry people real life issues matters have been taking priority.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like I may actually have time this weekend to update this so I need the links to additional maps that people want to see included in the updated pack.

• 9 months later...

The DD Mappack has been updated! Thanks Eliteone! :D

Keep your eyes open for an announcement about keeping your mappacks up to date with ease! Something pretty impressive is going to be released soon. B)

Cool! I haven't talked to Spawn since last week and I'm interested to hear how it's progressing. BTW, once it's finished I'll be sending Unity a little...motivational present to make putting the new map pack on the UHQ DD Custom server a higher priority.... ;)

Cool! I haven't talked to Spawn since last week and I'm interested to hear how it's progressing. BTW, once it's finished I'll be sending Unity a little...motivational present to make putting the new map pack on the UHQ DD Custom server a higher priority.... ;)

Ok I'm curious now :whistle:

Ok, it should be ready to use now,

Ura & Spawn's .. ... Mappack :happy1:

This is a Custom mappack and it could be the last big mappack you'd ever have to download.

This package comes with a new launcher and a updater. So when you click 'check for updates' in the

launcher it will start a updater that goes online to check for new maps and will download/install what you don't have.

This mappack doesn't use the custom/resources folder, but you can still add rezfiles manually to that folder

The mappack comes with a installer, so all you need to do is to download and install it just like any other program.

This also means that it will uninstall like any other program, if you choose to uninstall it, then all updates is uninstalled along with it.

Download here

newlauncher.png

What about a new topic for this subject, the new launcher! I think most people skip this topic cuz its old and... not very important :P

Um, the installer says it can't find Nolf on my system. I'm guessing the problem is that the installer is only looking on the C drive, and I install all of my games to the E drive. Is there a way for me to point the installer in the right direction?

Um, the installer says it can't find Nolf on my system. I'm guessing the problem is that the installer is only looking on the C drive, and I install all of my games to the E drive. Is there a way for me to point the installer in the right direction?

My dedicated servers are having the same problem using this too. Is there a manual way to get the needed files so we can run them on the unity customs server?

The installer is looking for the "installdir" key in the Nolf2 registrykey. then alternate c:\programfiles\fox\no one lives forever 2\.. but if it doesn't find nolf2 in the end of the line, it shuts down.. A way to fool this is to actually put a nolf2.exe at the default location.. or just fix the registry key.

By making a new .txt document and fill in:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0]

"InstallDir"="D:\\nolf2"

or

"InstallDir"="E:\\some folder\\nolf2"

that will indicate that nolf2 is installed in D:\Nolf2 or in E:\some folder\nolf2

Then save it as a .reg file.. and doubleclick it to add it to the registry

But you're uploading via ftp maybe? and running the server from commands as well? then you cannot run the launcher and the updater i guess.. So I think a ordinary zipped rez updater or something could be made as well, or you could install it on your computer first and then upload the mappack folder from the nolf2 directory to the server and add -rez mappack in the commandline.

The installer is looking for the "installdir" key in the Nolf2 registrykey. then alternate c:\programfiles\fox\no one lives forever 2\.. but if it doesn't find nolf2 in the end of the line, it shuts down.. A way to fool this is to actually put a nolf2.exe at the default location.. or just fix the registry key.

But you're uploading via ftp maybe? perhaps a normal zip or 7z package could be made as well, for those occurrences :whistle:

That was plan B (making the default path) I got it to copy over stuff so I'll be testing it in the unityhq custom maps server here this evening hopefully.

An update for Spawn and Ura

The mappack folder isn't being recognized by my dedicated servers (they don't know to look in there for the custom maps)

As a workaround I updated the mappack I made last week so people can at least play the new maps.

An update for Spawn and Ura

The mappack folder isn't being recognized by my dedicated servers (they don't know to look in there for the custom maps)

As a workaround I updated the mappack I made last week so people can at least play the new maps.

Yes, the nolf2srv.exe will also seak out the rezfiles, and it skips the mappack folder.

A update is added to solve this problem for those who already downloaded the mappack :whistle:

This will be added in a new version of the installer, along with a custom installfolder selection.

There's a new version of the mappackinstaller that is uploading at this moment.. This will take about 2 hours to complete. this release will include a new dedicated server and a possibility to choose a custom installdir during install.

For the ones that has already downloaded the mappack, check for updates to get the new dedicated server :rolleyes: