Sign in to follow this  
Maria

Help Please

I just got a new computer and loaded NOLF2 on it. I have the update to version 1.003. I downloaded both mappacks (1&2) from the UnityHQ download section, put them in the custom/resources folder and when I go to join a game it says there are no maps to be found. Is there something new I've missed. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

I just got a new computer and loaded NOLF2 on it. I have the update to version 1.003. I downloaded both mappacks (1&2) from the UnityHQ download section, put them in the custom/resources folder and when I go to join a game it says there are no maps to be found. Is there something new I've missed. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

Did you extract them? (they are in a compressed format) Another thing to check did you download the sierra mappacks? (the ones that add the DM and DD basic maps?)

The offical mappacks are exe files... You have to install them, not put them in your Custom/resources folder ^^

They're the mappacks from sierra on UnityHQ that add the basic maps required to play. They downloaded as "exe" files. Where do I install them? Should I just put them in the NOLF2 folder on my computer. Do I need to do something with them once they're on? Sorry for the stupid questions and thanks for any answers to come.

:blink: Doubleclick the ".exe"s and do as the installer requests!? As far as I know they don't leave you many choices. Worst case you'll have to identify your installation directory, usually "<somedrive>:\Fox\NOLF2\". The custom maps (".rez" format) go into "<somedrive>:\Fox\NOLF2\Custom\Resources". Copy 'em there. Note there is a limit of rez'es you can have in this folder (god, forgot again, prolly 7 or so), so be sure to pick "big" mappacks. Nothing more to do, all the maps should show up automatically.

It was nice playing with you in DM, Maria! I'm glad you got things working. :)

Thanks, you can definitely tell I haven't played NOLF2 in about two years. It's going to take a while to get back up to speed. It was nice playing with you yesterday also.

I can provide you with speed! :):P