PEOPLE I NEED HELP WITH MY NOLF2 PROGRAM

:angry: People I need help....While i was playing co-op the other day the nolf2 program crashed.and i got a whole bunch of viruses......I know its weird :huh: but then my comps been acting funny so ivebeen trying to figure out the problem...i ran Nortron and stuff and that didnt work....so i figured that if i uninstalled NOLF2 everything would work again......so i tryed to uninstall it and came up with and errore message saying that the ikernal.exe could not be lauched......And then i started tinkering and somehow i cant even run nolf anymore.....can someone help me get Nolf2 off so i can reinstall it.....Im sooo lost :rolleyes: So if im not in tomorrow ull know why :(

Awwww thats not cool :( I hope youre in soon again!!! :(

Sander :)

:angry: People I need help....While i was playing co-op the other day the nolf2 program crashed.and i got a whole bunch of viruses......I know its weird :huh: but then my comps been acting funny so ivebeen trying to figure out the problem...i ran Nortron and stuff and that didnt work....so i figured that if i uninstalled NOLF2 everything would work again......so i tryed to uninstall it and came up with and errore message saying that the ikernal.exe could not be lauched......And then i started tinkering and somehow i cant even run nolf anymore.....can someone help me get Nolf2 off so i can reinstall it.....Im sooo lost :rolleyes: So if im not in tomorrow ull know why :(

Shouldn't you probably re-install your operating system then? :blink: To begin at a clear start... Without any hidden viruses etc.

Shouldn't you probably re-install your operating system then? :blink: To begin at a clear start... Without any hidden viruses etc.

A bit drastic don't you think?

Run you anti-virus scanner (if you need one there are free ones such as Anti-Vir) run a spyware removal program (such as Spybot search and destroy)

After that the procedure you are looking for KG to remove the corrupted Nolf 2 install can be found here

http://www.unityhq.net/forums//forums/inde...p?showtopic=967

good luck.

Run you anti-virus scanner (if you need one there are free ones such as Anti-Vir) run a spyware removal program (such as Spybot search and destroy)

After that the procedure you are looking for KG to remove the corrupted Nolf 2 install can be found here

good luck.

you could also try running your AV + spyware + adware programs when windows is in safemode.

good luck.

Well, yeah, if this works then it's of course better than re-installing the system... IF.

I can't believe I am going to help her play NOLF again. :( Oh well. Norton stinks for A/V protection. I used to get so many viruses while using Norton. Go to www.avast.com to download and install their free antivirus software. After installation, update its database and start a complete scan. Not only will avast get rid of your virus or worm, it will also fix any damaged exe files on your system. If you want to purchase an A/V program, the best one on the market is NOD32. Good luck.

Never had any serious problems with Norton myself, but it really sucks when it comes to spyware.. And

if you're so lucky that you've accidently downloaded some crap program that keeps downloading viruses,

then it will only remove the virus but it will appear again in notime..

But otherwise I'd recommend that software..

Try to catch the name of some of the viruses and post the names here :)

Norton stinks

A-FRICKIN-men, brother Lodingi! Norton is garbage. Want to increase your PC's performance by a good 15 to 20 percent? REMOVE NORTON and install a free one like AVG or the one Lod mentioned. You WILL see an immediate improvement in your computer's performance, YOU WILL save money, and YOU WILL be even better protected from viruses.

Talking about viruses... My old computer (currently using 2 since I bought a new one but I didn't kick out the old one yet) shows "virus detected" messages all the time (since a few days). Thing is that I scanned my hard disk tonight and this morning there were new viruses detected. I'm using Symantec AntiVirus (someone mentioned to me that this was an older version of Norton I think) with the newest updates (in fact from yesterday). Any ideas what to do? I don't really bother as long as the viruses get detected (and I'll format this PC soon anyway) but at the moment I just don't feel that comfortable with these messages all the time...

Talking about viruses... My old computer (currently using 2 since I bought a new one but I didn't kick out the old one yet) shows "virus detected" messages all the time (since a few days). Thing is that I scanned my hard disk tonight and this morning there were new viruses detected. I'm using Symantec AntiVirus (someone mentioned to me that this was an older version of Norton I think) with the newest updates (in fact from yesterday). Any ideas what to do? I don't really bother as long as the viruses get detected (and I'll format this PC soon anyway) but at the moment I just don't feel that comfortable with these messages all the time...

First you uninstall Norton and then do exactly as I suggested for KillerGirl. Hey Indy, can I get an amen?

Never had any serious problems with Norton myself, but it really sucks when it comes to spyware.. And

if you're so lucky that you've accidently downloaded some crap program that keeps downloading viruses,

then it will only remove the virus but it will appear again in notime..

Norton products used to be pretty good, but unfortunately they've gotten bloated and tough to remove from your system. I wish it was otherwise -- I've used Norton products from the DOS days when Peter Norton himself was doing the coding -- but Norton isn't a good recommendation these days. Symantec has really dropped the ball on their consumer utilities. (Symantec's corporate stuff isn't bad, though.)

Norton products used to be pretty good, but unfortunately they've gotten bloated and tough to remove from your system. I wish it was otherwise -- I've used Norton products from the DOS days when Peter Norton himself was doing the coding -- but Norton isn't a good recommendation these days. Symantec has really dropped the ball on their consumer utilities. (Symantec's corporate stuff isn't bad, though.)

I use Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition - no problems I am aware of..... I wonder how the corporate edition stacks up against the others?

I use Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition - no problems I am aware of..... I wonder how the corporate edition stacks up against the others?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm using... and it detects the viruses but even after the complete disk scan there are always new ones... :huh:

I've been using AVast for over 3 years now. Other than the yearly re-registration, I love every aspect of it. Updates are even FREE! I haven't had a problem on any of my puters..............when used in conjunction with Windows Defender nothing gets thru. I think Defender is the best thing Microsoft ever put out.

I've been using AVast for over 3 years now. Other than the yearly re-registration, I love every aspect of it. Updates are even FREE! I haven't had a problem on any of my puters..............when used in conjunction with Windows Defender nothing gets thru. I think Defender is the best thing Microsoft ever put out.

Defender is one of the best products they ever bought out. ;)

As we r here I'm using my own genue Norton Anti-virus 2006 with Fire wall that is Personal ;) Same tear I got them in double pack. And now I just got that since 1 month and when I recieve auto update it start to don't respond and I have reinstalled the anti but not the fire wall and now it's got a little better but still gets it should I reinstall both again?

Strange is that if I am running full screen aplication such as nolf 2 it don't do that so much and s-t even skips it :blink: wth!

Any ideas? :o