Can Any one help with encription?

np. you might want to look into buying a hd and using it as a slave drive (or getting an external). that way you can keep all of your files etc. on the drive and whenever you need to reformat, you dont have to worry about backing up files, copying them, etc, etc.

np. you might want to look into buying a hd and using it as a slave drive (or getting an external). that way you can keep all of your files etc. on the drive and whenever you need to reformat, you dont have to worry about backing up files, copying them, etc, etc.

That 's what I did. :D

Well any help would be good but now I better be off to bad to until 8 h sleep, and when I wake up will try the first advice and then will see if I need more help, I hope not, but if yes thx inadvance! I'll see in the U.S. bed up time as late as it can be :D CYO .

the easiest solution i know of is to convert the hard drive from the NTFS file system to the older (but in most peoples' cases, just as good) FAT32 file system. the encryption you're dealing with is not supported by FAT32 -- it just goes away on conversion, and then you could access your files from DOS or from another boot CD. let me know if you need a utility that can do that for you without destroying all your data.

Independent' date='Nov 30 2006, 08:50 AM' post='68863']

the easiest solution i know of is to convert the hard drive from the NTFS file system to the older (but in most peoples' cases, just as good) FAT32 file system. the encryption you're dealing with is not supported by FAT32 -- it just goes away on conversion, and then you could access your files from DOS or from another boot CD. let me know if you need a utility that can do that for you without destroying all your data.

EDIT: A utility that can fix my idiotic mistake would be great! :)