TechnoStyle

Can't download game files.

My mobile ISP also failed. :(

I downloaded NOLF2 zip files before but I'm not sure whether they are properly downloaded or not.

Can you write the sizes of NOLF2 CD1 and CD2 zip files ? How much MB each ?

Edited by TechnoStyle

9 hours ago, TechnoStyle said:

I'm not using VPN, DNS etc. for normal times. I just tried them if they can solve the problem or not. Because I couldn't download files in a standard way.

An It friend of mine was curious as to when you last rebooted your router? Apparently this is a symptom from some ISP provided routers. 

7 hours ago, Eliteone said:

An It friend of mine was curious as to when you last rebooted your router? Apparently this is a symptom from some ISP provided routers. 

I close the PC every day after finishing my tasks. 

8 hours ago, TechnoStyle said:

I close the PC every day after finishing my tasks. 

Not the PC the router. It's what your devices are connecting to to get out to the internet. 

4 minutes ago, Eliteone said:

Not the PC the router. It's what your devices are connecting to to get out to the internet. 

I turn off both PC and router everyday. Also tried with LTE and couldn't download it.

Hi, I'm TechnoStyle.
Here is my another account which I created a few minutes ago. You can delete this one if more than one account doesn't allowed.
I'm tired of trying to download files.

I tried three different ISP (one main Wi-Fi router, two different mobile connection. (LTE) ), different browsers, different computers and devices, different OS, enabling DNS and VPN, disabling firewall and antiviruses. I even signed up again to unity hq with different account. But any of them didn't solve the problem. I didn't use my devices 7/24. When my tasks finished, I immediately close them and unplug...

Country difference or something causes this issue. There is something prevents downloads. 

Can you upload the files again or upload them to another website ?
Maybe you can divide big files to smaller parts for ex. 200 MB or lower.

Sorry Cate, we will not come together. At least from The site that shall not be named.net. :)

Edited by Subtitles

1 hour ago, Subtitles said:

Hi, I'm TechnoStyle.
Here is my another account which I created a few minutes ago. You can delete this one if more than one account doesn't allowed.
I'm tired of trying to download files.

I tried three different ISP (one main Wi-Fi router, two different mobile connection. (LTE) ), different browsers, different computers and devices, different OS, enabling DNS and VPN, disabling firewall and antiviruses. I even signed up again to unity hq with different account. But any of them didn't solve the problem. I didn't use my devices 7/24. When my tasks finished, I immediately close them and unplug...

Country difference or something causes this issue. There is something prevents downloads. 

Can you upload the files again or upload them to another website ?
Maybe you can divide big files to smaller parts for ex. 200 MB or lower.

Sorry Cate, we will not come together. At least from The site that shall not be named.net. :)

Um not to nitpick but why did you think creating another account would fix your issue?

I see that Eliteone has spent a considerable amount of time trying to get this to work for you.

I'm seeing that you are trying to get the games either because you lost the original media or are just trying to get them for free.

Instead of asking that they make special downloads just for you why not go to your local library with a USB flash drive and download them that way?

I get that you would like to play these classic games but you're asking someone who does not get paid to do any of this to go way above and beyond cause you're having and issue that most never encounter. DId you ever power cycle the router from your ISP even?

She didn't ask you to do this for the devices but the router itself. If you do that and it still doesn't work then I would suspect your ISP is capping https: downloads as all of the downloads here are secured via SSL for safe downloading.

1 hour ago, MajorPayne said:

Um not to nitpick but why did you think creating another account would fix your issue?

I see that Eliteone has spent a considerable amount of time trying to get this to work for you.

I'm seeing that you are trying to get the games either because you lost the original media or are just trying to get them for free.

Instead of asking that they make special downloads just for you why not go to your local library with a USB flash drive and download them that way?

I get that you would like to play these classic games but you're asking someone who does not get paid to do any of this to go way above and beyond cause you're having and issue that most never encounter. DId you ever power cycle the router from your ISP even?

She didn't ask you to do this for the devices but the router itself. If you do that and it still doesn't work then I would suspect your ISP is capping https: downloads as all of the downloads here are secured via SSL for safe downloading.

I'm thankful for everyone who are working for keeping the game alive. 

Generally I buy the games from digital stores. But I can't buy it from anywhere anymore and second hand ones don't support developers. If my money won't go to the developers, then there is no reason to buy it from second hand i think. But of course, everybody thinks different.

I think it isn't a problem with my ISP. I tried with two another ISP and they also made the very same problem. 

What is power cycling ? If you mean restarting the modem or turning off and on it, yes I'm doing it everyday. 

My ISP allows downloading from another HTTPS websites.

I'm sorry for my English. I must write "Will you upload the files..." or something instead of "Can you upload ..." one.

If I'm the only one who has a problem, then I won't force any people for help. :)

Edited by TechnoStyle

You are the first person reporting a download stopping at a certain point. This usually indicates a timeout of the connection.

The modem shouldn't be shutdown everyday only periodically, usually when there are issues with connectivity etc.

I have been trying to help you however I am at a loss as to why only you are having this issue.

Only other possibility would be your geographical location?

Major's had a good idea though. Try to download from a library or internet cafe perhaps.

14 hours ago, Eliteone said:

Only other possibility would be your geographical location?

Major's had a good idea though. Try to download from a library or internet cafe perhaps.

Yes, I think so. 
If it is location problem, then I will not download with any ISP in my country.

I'll try to find a solution on tech- savvy websites. Thanks for help.

Edited by TechnoStyle

5 hours ago, TechnoStyle said:

Yes, I think so. 
If it is location problem, then I will not download with any ISP in my country.

I'll try to find a solution on tech- savvy websites. Thanks for help.

Personally I'd try the internet cafe and or library option first.If not you can find Contract Jack media from ebay for under $10. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Contract-Jack-J-A-C-K-PC-Shooter-US-Version-New-in-Box/131282777112?epid=6488072&hash=item1e91103418:g:6YUAAOSwMmBV3otB

41 minutes ago, Eliteone said:

Personally I'd try the internet cafe and or library option first.If not you can find Contract Jack media from ebay for under $10. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Contract-Jack-J-A-C-K-PC-Shooter-US-Version-New-in-Box/131282777112?epid=6488072&hash=item1e91103418:g:6YUAAOSwMmBV3otB

I'll try.
If everything fails, then I'll buy second hand physical copies of all 3 games. (Also have to find CD/ DVD optical drive...) :)
Not just ebay, I can also find from Amazon.
Anyway, thanks for all help!

Edited by TechnoStyle

Interesting news!
I downloaded NOLF2 zip files.

nolf2disc1.zip is 501 MB.
nolf2disc2.zip is 438 MB.

Can you check the file sizes? Did I downloaded them hassle-free ?

Edited by TechnoStyle

7 hours ago, TechnoStyle said:

Interesting news!
I downloaded NOLF2 zip files.

nolf2disc1.zip is 501 MB.
nolf2disc2.zip is 438 MB.

Can you check the file sizes? Did I downloaded them hassle-free ?

Sounds about right.  Whatever you did on your end seems to have worked out for you. 

13 hours ago, Eliteone said:

Sounds about right.  Whatever you did on your end seems to have worked out for you. 

I didn't do anything special. 

NOLF2 zip files are downloadable. But others still have the same problem. 

Really interesting. :)

46 minutes ago, TechnoStyle said:

I didn't do anything special. 

NOLF2 zip files are downloadable. But others still have the same problem. 

Really interesting. :)

If you are referring to the NOLF 2 CD files 2 are zip files and 2 are ISO files used to burn CDs.

Not sure if they would be an issue in certain regions or not. 

6 minutes ago, Eliteone said:

If you are referring to the NOLF 2 CD files 2 are zip files and 2 are ISO files used to burn CDs.

Not sure if they would be an issue in certain regions or not. 

NOLF2 zip --> no problem.

NOLF2 iso and every nolf1, CJ files --> having issues. 

2 minutes ago, TechnoStyle said:

NOLF2 zip --> no problem.

NOLF2 iso and every nolf1, CJ files --> having issues. 

I have spent hours testing everything on our end and have had others in different places test and no one else is having this kind of issue so I have to say with a reasonable amount of certainty that is it isn't an issue on our end here at UHQ. Unfortunately I don't have a paid staff that I can devote to try to see why so work and some don't for you. All of our files reside on the same SSL secured repository. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all help. NOLF2 is generally running nicely on Win 10.

I went to Siberia hmm. :)