UltimateONE

Can't download game files. -UPDATED Solved!!

169 posts in this topic

Hey Ultimate post a screenshot from your programs and features installed programs list so we can see if you have something stripping the exe files. 

6 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

The Microsoft Games for Windows entries. Did you get that as an addon from Microsoft? 

I know it used to try to validate files (to prove you own them) Since the NOLF 2 don't have any signatures in them. 

1 hour ago, Eliteone said:

The Microsoft Games for Windows entries. Did you get that as an addon from Microsoft? 

I know it used to try to validate files (to prove you own them) Since the NOLF 2 don't have any signatures in them. 

I had to download it. Because if Microsoft Games for Windows did not installed, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City does not work.

(I never installed "Microsoft Games for Windows " to the old Vista laptop. But results are the same.)

Edited by UltimateONE

11 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

I had to download it. Because if Microsoft Games for Windows did not installed, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City does not work.

(I never installed "Microsoft Games for Windows " to the old Vista laptop. But results are the same.)

Can you take a screenshot of the programs and features on the Vista machine?

Hey ultimate, How familiar are you with windows regedit?  I assume you tried installing in many ways, such as, the CD images, zip files and the installer that UHQ has now. 

Part of the problem may be where your registry thinks the game is opposed to where it's install at. 

Malwarebytes installed on both computers.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes on Laptop.

After that, some things changed. For ex. when I run installer, it took 8-10 seconds to show setup windows. Now, it can show that almost immediately.

And... I installed NOLF2 not signed to the laptop. Now it shows "PLAY" button instead of Install button. But when I run the game, I'm getting this error:

IMG_20180117_175120.jpg

Edited by UltimateONE

12 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

Malwarebytes installed on both computers.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes on Laptop.

After that, some things changed. For ex. when I run installer, it took 8-10 seconds to show setup windows. Now, it can show that almost immediately.

And... I installed NOLF2 not signed to the laptop. Now it shows "PLAY" button instead of Install button. But when I run the game, I'm getting this error:

IMG_20180117_175120.jpg

Are you running it in Windows XP Sp3 compatibility mode?  If not you'll see that message on windows 10

4 hours ago, Eliteone said:

Are you running it in Windows XP Sp3 compatibility mode?  If not you'll see that message on windows 10

That screenshot belongs to vista computer. I always run aith compability modes.

I want to try old method.

NOLF2 zip files are actually working for single player on Windows 10.

What is the correct order of installation ?

NOLF2 zip.

1.1 patch

1.3 patch

mappacks 

no cd

widescreen mode

livesforever and livesforever plus modes

URA Launcher

Can I just install them in an order? I'm confused about old method.

15 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

I want to try old method.

NOLF2 zip files are actually working for single player on Windows 10.

What is the correct order of installation ?

NOLF2 zip.

1.1 patch

1.3 patch

mappacks 

no cd

widescreen mode

livesforever and livesforever plus modes

URA Launcher

Can I just install them in an order? I'm confused about old method.

That order should work however it will add that additional registry entries on the computer. Some have reported issues installing the patch on Windows 10 Fall creator's edition as well.

7 hours ago, Eliteone said:

That order should work however it will add that additional registry entries on the computer. Some have reported issues installing the patch on Windows 10 Fall creator's edition as well.

Did new .exe files add additional registry entries which cause that issues ? 

Edited by UltimateONE

7 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

Did new .exe files add additional registry entries which cause that issues ? 

Caused what issue? You are the only person do date having this level of difficulty with this.

5 hours ago, Eliteone said:

Caused what issue? You are the only person do date having this level of difficulty with this.

I probably misunderstood this sentence:
"That order should work however it will add that additional registry entries on the computer. Some have reported issues installing the patch on Windows 10 Fall creator's edition as well."

I understood that old files caused a problem with registry entries and some people couldn't update their Windows 10 because of this problem.

But actual meaning of that is : Old files doesn't work with Fall Creator's edition on the machines of some people. Right ?  :wacko: 

Edited by UltimateONE

1 hour ago, UltimateONE said:

I probably misunderstood this sentence:
"That order should work however it will add that additional registry entries on the computer. Some have reported issues installing the patch on Windows 10 Fall creator's edition as well."

I understood that old files caused a problem with registry entries and some people couldn't update their Windows 10 because of this problem.

But actual meaning of that is : Old files doesn't work with Fall Creator's edition on the machines of some people. Right ?  :wacko: 

Newer versions of Windows 10 lack the install shield binaries which cause some of the original installers to fail to install. 

I'll try old method sometime.

7 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

I'll try old method sometime.

You could set it up that way on your Vista machine then copy the working folder over to your win 10 machine. 

On 5/1/2018 at 6:29 AM, Eliteone said:

You could set it up that way on your Vista machine then copy the working folder over to your win 10 machine. 

I'm studying for job interview nowadays. You know the ordinary things like interview questions, cover letter, resume etc. 

I'll try with Vista machine when I find good time for that...

3 hours ago, UltimateONE said:

I'm studying for job interview nowadays. You know the ordinary things like interview questions, cover letter, resume etc. 

I'll try with Vista machine when I find good time for that...

No worries. 

Just trying to close this topic out for you.