Sign in to follow this  
{GD}Independent

Bo Schembechler dies

On the eve of the biggest football game in the history of college athletics. Featuring, of course, his 2 former teams. Bo was an assistant under Woody Hayes at Ohio State, then of course head coach at Michigan for 2 decades, where he frequently upset his mentor in head to head matches. I went to Michigan while Bo was still coaching, and got to see him do the job he loved firsthand. I also got to hear him speak a couple of times. I'm really sad about this. As for tomorrow, both these teams are very special. The two best teams in the league this year. These Michigan players will be devastaded if they can't pull off the upset tomorrow. Rest in Peace, Bo. I hope he's got a great seat in Heaven for tomorrow's game!

Holy Crap I just saw that!

All my wife's family just e-mailed me (Yes they are from just west of Columbus).

Bo was HC of Michigan when I was growing up. Never understood how a coach could keep a job for 20 years, yet consistantly lose the Rose Bowl, and never win a National Championship. On that note...Hail! to the victors..valiant....hail! to the conquering heroes...hail! hail! to Michigan..the champions of the "west". :).