Where Have All The Clans Gone: A Solution?

Leesy

Well at least in our clan it's not like we have anything against "noobs" (well at least not me, not sure about some other members), we're just looking for people to be nice and stick to the rules (we don't want players who might ruin our reputation or "adding fuel to the fire" for those who accuse our members of cheating and stuff) We give everyone a chance to at least have a trial month in our clan!

About the players in coop: Yes i know there are lots of potential dd-players (i kinda made heatman, discoMIME and Firefox start playing DD this way) but i'm tired of doing that, since it was lots of work to make a player i found there and convinced to play DD, to install the mappacks and stuff, so he could play it , and this guy left after a few days anyways, cause he was kinda without a chance against the DD-Players.

And anyways, i'm not interested in new members, just in new players who then could join one of the small clans. But just like in my case, i guess they would hardly join them, since i think everyone wants to be in a good clan! I think nowadays new people try to join sfi or ns, maybe even ff5, but in no case dk or some other small clan, which is sad! :(

And when someone tries to join us or sfi, neither can just say "no, we're full, join a different clan"

So what you are saying is we should say no instead of helping the others look more appealing to perspective members?

nah, only that i don't see any hope for new clans :), cause new players mostly only join sfi or ns and in some cases ff5 too

FF5 is closed for members really. We like it small and cosy so the only way somebody gets in if they are friendly with existing members.

Never turn people away. They might simply just not want to start a clan. Not everyone is a leader.

Never turn people away. They might simply just not want to start a clan. Not everyone is a leader.

Exactly I'd rather a player joined a clan and became a part of the community.

The solution is to make the smaller clans more appealing to perspective members like I said before.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is very interesting. I can only give my support to this project! Can i tell people in servers who is looking for a clan to go to these forums and sign up here? (or something) Then wel'll find out how many interested players we got out there :)

Im a big fan of the public ventrilo server. What if every clan got their own channel and a single admin (for clan matches)? (And every clan payed a bunch to it.) And one big public channel for everybody - it would bring everybody closer to eachother and who knows.. maybe it even would be amusing? :P

But the VT server cant have less than 16 slots (for matches).. I hope this will be reality! :)

A sign up topic when you are looking for a clan.. wouldnt that be an idea?

Aggy

A sign up topic? I don't understand what u mean? :wacko:

Anywayz..

BAB is kinda "coming back to its feet" with a bunch of new members in only 3 days :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is an advertising section for the clans here in the forums that hasn't really been used. I'd love to see some clan leaders make posts about their clans explaining what they're all about and the type of people they want. Focusing on clans was the main idea of my making these forums... before we became 'UnityHQ' there was a clans forum where all clans could get together to chat. I realized not everyone wants to be in a clan so it was broadened to include everyone, but there is no reason why clans can't take advantage of the Advertisement area. Newly made clans especially. :)