if any of you are tired of your luna theme, there was recently a leaked theme from MS last week. i've been using this new theme for a while and i like it a lot.

this is different from the usual theme changes, since this comes directly from MS and required no uxtheme.dll hacks to change it.

this is the new zunes theme. it looks a bit halloweenish but its still a nice change.

IPB Image

http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/device.htm

go to the bottom of the page and there'll be a link to download the theme.

enjoy! (i still think vista looks better :P )

btw, there's a mistake in the theme that is downloaded. (or at least there was when i downloaded it)

if your 'control panel' tab shows up white, instead of black, then do the following

c: > windows > resources > themes >zune > make a new folder named 'Shell' > and within that folder make a folder named "Normal Color". inside NormalColor place the shellstyle.dll file.

Hmmm ty for the tip! I like it :) Are there more themes for XP made by MC? I dont like to hack those essential files :/

there's one more called royale noir. looks just like this one except the orange start button is a dark color that turns green once you go over it. in my opinion this one looks better despite the orange :(

my bad, the royale_noir is the theme that was leaked, not the zunes theme. the link i originally downloaded from doesn't work anymore :blink:

my bad, the royale_noir is the theme that was leaked, not the zunes theme. the link i originally downloaded from doesn't work anymore :blink:

Do a Google search for "Royale Windows XP Theme" and you'll find a number of reputable links. :)

Edit: Oops, that's how to find the publicly released blue Royale theme. I didn't know a Royale Noir theme existed.