Independent UNITYHQ tourneys?

Genesis

Hey, gals and guys, what about trying to setup real NOLF/NOLF2/CJ competitions, taking advantage of the servers Elite put up for us on all NOLF-related games? Some kinda gigantic clan war, or even a couple of 1-1 matches? This would be a cool opportunity for making good use of all servers, and, also, a good way of attracting new people here and in our clans...

*Give us your opinion.* smile.gif

No worries, Surak, it would take more than a week to organize anyway... What's cool is that, thanks to UnityHQ, we could get a real team of good-willing people to organize this kind of things. There's no other site where all "important" NOLF2ers gather (anymore smile.gif ), so well let's use this great communication tool!

If you'd be intereted in co-organizing events for UnityHQ with a small bunch of other people, feel free to post here too.

Well, I don't know exactly. If anyone's got an interesting project to submit, let's go! We might integrate Leesy's project, if he agrees. Since he can't take care of everything alone, it would be good to all work in the same direction and plan something big. smile.gif

Personally, I'd like to see some matches that didn't have anything to do with clans. Just friends playing friends. That way everyone is included. If getting high scores is what people are into, we could have it be DM and make a big deal out of whoever get the highest points. If we did this on a monthly basis, I'd even consider giving the winner a special rank for that month. We could do this for each of the three games, if desired, or just one game type a month.

When the website is completed, I intend to promote a whole weekend extravaganza of fragging each other. biggrin.gif

i dunno...just a weird idea to throw out...

how about a draft?...we have like...players from each clan on a list...

and then a certain number of captains(all deciding on who signs up)

and we draft teams...like an NFL draft...that would make for a very interesting tourny...

and like...this is just a lil tangent im runnin off on...but we could name each team...and give weird tags just for tourny matches...

like the pink panthers >PP< vs the crazy homeboys :.CH.:

cool lil stuff like that tongue.gif

i dunno...just a weird idea to throw out...

how about a draft?...we have like...players from each clan on a list...

and then a certain number of captains(all deciding on who signs up)

and we draft teams...like an NFL draft...that would make for a very interesting tourny...

and like...this is just a lil tangent im runnin off on...but we could name each team...and give weird tags just for tourny matches...

like the pink panthers >PP<  vs the crazy homeboys :.CH.:

cool lil stuff like that tongue.gif

2926[/snapback]

I love this idea!

Pssst... unless everyone can participate, including those not in clans, UnityHQ isn't going to support this idea. The whole point of this place is to bring everyone together, not make it 'clan members only'. wink.gif

Some other suggestions? smile.gif

Ayup, you're right, I didn't make it clear. When I said "various clans" I also thought about people who're NOT in a clan, but it seems I forgot to write it down laugh.gif Sorry. wink.gif

I'll second that. How about we establish a Tournament Task Force, to try to come up with a good concept for a fun tournament for all Nolfers who want to?

thats easy...we can get "non-clan" members in this draft too...

all we need is a HUGE sign up sheet...

and that is also a good way to get "undrafted free agents (clanless ppl) more popular...if their team sees potential in them maybe they get put in a clan later in their future...etc. etc...

im surprised that many ppl liked the idea...it would be very hard to pull off...but i think we could do it...

we need to get a section devoted to the draft though...and for like...a lil period...2 weeks or a month...have sign-ups...that way everyone in community has time to hear about it...and then we can have captains chosen...and voila!

since its my idea and i know best wat im talkin about...i could help with anything needed...

there will be of course 8 rounds in the draft (8 players per team)...or we could do 10...so each team has substitutes...cuz not everyone is always availalbe...we would have to see how many actually sign up...im thinkin we could prolly pull off gettin 4-8 teams together...4 will prolly happen for sure...but im shootin for 8! biggrin.gif

Why not make smaller teams, like 4 people. That way you have more teams. And I think playing with 4 people you know more fun then with 8 people you dont know very well.