Sign in to follow this  
curseofnight

Finished NOLF1! My Final Thoughts...

So yesterday(or the day before?) I bought 6 Rip-Its, stayed up all night drinking them till my pee turned green, and beat NOLF1. Here's my final thoughts....

The good:

The Music! I admit I didn't like it at first but the music grew on me really fast. By the time I beat the first Chapter, I was already diggin' it.

The Gadgets! I didn't get a chance to try them all, but my Favs are the belt buckle and the coin. 

The Weapons! Hampton Carbine FTW! Honorable mentions: SVD; usually when I grab this gun in other games the firing sound is closer to a pop than bang - in this game it sounds like it should - powerful! Harpoon gun; take that shark week!

The Baddies! The AI is actually decent and can really mess you up quick if you alert a mob. Also, they always have something interesting to talk about, hehe.

The Levels! I like how there's a lot of one-off missions; whether it's providing overwatch for a hapless beaucrate, searching a sunken ship, infiltrating a spacestation or chasing a gun-thieving monkey, there's always something different!

The Story! Even if the ending was a little predictable, and a bit confusing (for me) I thougrhly enjoyed the overall storyline. Also, I really liked how you choose Cate's responses in certain scenes; I just wish your choices had a larger impact on the direction the story takes.

The Bad:

Armstrong! Going toe-to-toe with this guy felt sooo unfair. I think I reloaded at least a dozen times. I actually 'beat him' on my third attempt but as the post-fight cut-scene starts I hear Cate's death scream and about 3 seconds into it the game loaded the Mission Failed screen! :(

No leaning! The lack of a lean feature really upsets me....

Limited Inventory! I know you find a lot of gadgets laying around in the missions but only being able to choose 4 or 5 at the start of a mission sucks; especially considering some missions require you to take 1 or 2 crucial items. Wish there was a sidepack or something...

Well that's all I can think of atm! All-in-All I give this game a 10 outta 10!

Has anyone else beaten this recently?(or not-so-recently?) What did you think?

Edited by curseofnight
Spelling errors...