Sign in to follow this  
Zymon

Custom mappack server?

So I'm getting a little bit tired of the "ordinary" DD maps, it's great fun playing them on servers.

But I've more and more thought of the idea of maybe running a server with only the maps from Sgt.peppers custom mappack?

The problem would of course be that maybe all other servers will be empty so it would probably be best just to put those custom maps into those servers that we got now

Maybe it's too much job and I know that custom maps sometimes runs on the servers but it's just an idea

And maybe something to think on?

lol, we nolf players are a picky people.

in the past we've done this before. put in a custom map here or there to liven things up. its empirically proven to go down like this:

for a week or two everyone will play in the custom map server since its been a while since they've played them, then afterwards everyone will stay AWAY from the custom server and only play in servers that have retail maps.

not to mention the people that dont have custom maps on their machine and the choice of which maps to put into rotation.

but now that you mention it...it has been a while since we've played a custom map :lol:

So I'm getting a little bit tired of the "ordinary" DD maps, it's great fun playing them on servers.

But I've more and more thought of the idea of maybe running a server with only the maps from Sgt.peppers custom mappack?

The problem would of course be that maybe all other servers will be empty so it would probably be best just to put those custom maps into those servers that we got now

Maybe it's too much job and I know that custom maps sometimes runs on the servers but it's just an idea

And maybe something to think on?

It is also unfortunately about the $$ If you want to see a 24 hour 7 days a week custom server click the paypal link at the top of the forum to help us cover server costs. The servers you see running are paid for by a few generous people. If more people helped with those expense then there would be more opportunities for specialized servers (such as one running customs all the time)

lol, we nolf players are a picky people.

but now that you mention it...it has been a while since we've played a custom map :lol:

Now, that you mention it..... :unsure:

and btw i miss seberian strife on euro server...but i'm the only i think :(

Yea I see the money problem by just putting up a custom server, so let's forget about that idea, if the money just don't start dropping in, I'll see what I can do ;)

But still I would like to see some custom maps running on the servers that we got, more than we have now

Maybe I'm the only one :lol:

So please tell me if this isn't going to work :)

Put up a customs only server yesterday.

I'll keep a eye on how much it's used and go from there.

I think we should make some custom weekends - people will come then (I hope).

But we don't need a custom server running 24/7 because no one will use it anway :(

Maybe if it was a doomsday server, but now it's a custom DM server and I don't think that many ppl is going to use it that often as a DD server would be used

But the best idea from what I've learnt now would just be to more often put up custom maps in those DD servers that we have atm

I would go on that DM custom mappackserver right now if it wasn't for that both my cd-driver and dvd-driver have stopped working and I can't play Nolf without a cd... :P

And I've tried everything so you all don't have to bother to come with any tips etc. :)

It'll go in for service next week I hope, then we'll see

i see a DD server with custom maps is up :D

but can we get [FF] the frendly fire option off :(

and for the noobs you can download my maps at my file front page

i see a DD server with custom maps is up :D

but can we get [FF] the frendly fire option off :(

and for the noobs you can download my maps at my file front page

Yes you do. If it gets used enough it will remain up 24/7.

FF we can fix that ;)

It's running the Official Unityhq DD mappack that Pepper made.

Download it from our downloads section here at UnityHQ.net and you'll have all the maps needed to play in there :D

It the unityhq.net way of saying thanks to the community mappers............... B)

cool I'll check it out - hope many people join and have some fun :)

It the unityhq.net way of saying thanks to the community mappers............... B)

Hear hear Eliteone..........thanks to all our mappers.............can't wait to start playing!........thanks UnityHQ

Woo!

sorry I missed that, I know I'm going to use it! :)

Where is everybody..............new maps.........come on ......join the server for the ride of a life

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

on the new War-in-Wizenwhatever-map u can climb

the large trees...that's hell funny :lol:

Nolf is working and i am atm on the server, hope there will be alot of people there tonight...

*settles down in custom mappackserver* :mml:

Sorry for double posting, but I just gotta say GG :lol: all that played tonight

I'm really enjoying theese maps :)

YYAYAYAYYA great fun Zymon!!! But you didnt gave me time to finish my phonecall in peace :( :/ ........ :P That server rocks!!!!

Tis was my call you know..... :angry:

:P

I should have taken a screenshoot of you and sasser when u both jumped into that phonebooth :lol:

This was great fun!!

Server was nearly full:

IPB Image

Some people got kicked out or left at several maps and then we were like 5 people playing many maps :]

Thanks all for joining and having fun - I hope you all will use the server as much as any other one :D