OK, many people thought it was a promotion of nazism. The book wasn't, and the movie wasn't either. It's not meant to be taken SERIOUSLY. In fact it's the exact contrary. Don't these fine young people look pathetic? smile.gif

We're talking about the space movie with the big bugs and poor acting? I enjoyed it for the action, but I never heard anyone suggest it had deeper meanings until now. For me, it was a lackluster movie that I didn't think much about afterwards.

I went to www.imdb.com and viewed the comments posted about the movie. As expected, there are the complaints about the movie and the book being vastly different. A lot of people with certain political views hail this movie as some great satire. *shrugs* It's still just a lame space bug movie to me, no matter what all those 'intellectuals' say. Maybe I'll rent it again and try to tolerate the bad acting just to see what the big deal is.

Oh yeah, intellectuals, movies, movies, intellectuals, BAD DEAL. That's what happened to the film "the village" in France. Some people said it was a call to protectionism and nationalism. Go see the people outta your own country, and you'll become perverted. I know that a few peeps in the US said the same thing. DANG! That's bloody stupid. From time to time, these critics should learn how to relax and ENJOY a film instead of looking for philosophical meanings that the filmmaker didn't even think of.

I bought this movie on the bargain bin. The acting in it is HORRIBLE! it was so bad, it made me laugh at the emotional scenes!!! The special effects are pretty cool, and the story had potential, but they totally cast the wrong people to play the roles. I say, go ahead and rent it, because you will be wasting shelf space if you purchase it.

I think the "bad acting" was intended... somehow laugh.gif They're absolutely perfect as young-beautiful-brainless-patriots. I must admit that I never saw the original version. Maybe the French one was made better?