Favourite gametype

Eliteone

For me Demolition in CJ is pretty cool.

That or the Pegasus MOD (Jetpacks specool.gif )

So post your fav. CJ gametype

Hmmm quite a hard choice, as I love the Jet pack....

Their both really cool. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't have uninstalled CJ eh...Though I never see any servers there. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.

There should be a Unity DM server up and running now, Nova. smile.gif

You know, I like Demolition, but I've honestly only once played it with other people. DM seems to be the most popular, so that's where I've gone.

Did Coty "finish" his map? I mean, has there been a new relaese since the very first one, with fixed textures, etc.? No offense, Coty, if ever you read this, but your map's the only one which apparently lacked a few textures. Apart from that, it's also the biggest, and the most original, maybe. So, if everything's cleared, it would be cool to play the Pegasus mod again. We had great fun, didn't we, Spawn? SPAWN! Where the hell's the boy???

EDIT: One bad point: the Pegasus mod's FREAKIN' heavy. Something like 1,2GB once you've unzipped it. Doh. Not a problem for me and my "mainframe" -my computer wouldn't fit in a big pickup, you see- but too much for people with rather small configurations. Is there a way of making it smaller?

Well, keep in mind that the pegasus mod that you have played is only a beta version.. A final version will be around sooner or later smile.gif

The missing textures in Montana isn't Coty's fault at all though,

it was a glitch that was made when the maps were rezed together..

the textures are all there but in the wrong folder.

You can easily fix this by opening the pegasus maps rez file and move a folder called Coty from the 'textures' folder and place it one level up.. however this will make you unable to host the map on a server, but it will work fine if you join a server that is running a unaltered version of it smile.gif

1.2gb, genesis? the whole mod is about 130mb ohmy.gif

My bad, Spawn, the Windows installer says 1.2GB. I checked it, you're right, it's about 130MB.

Thanks for the tip, I read it on TGF, but I forgot about it laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

All clear now. Wow this map rocks, it's really huuuuuge. One of the things I do regret about NOLF2 is that it's supposed to be based on stealth... Seriously, have you tried stealth in any of the official maps? It might work for like what, 1 minute before someone spots and frags you. What I love in Coty's map is : it's big enough to hide, snipe, run awaaaaaayyyy, etc. I know it might be difficult to create big maps because of the framerate, but it would be cool to see more of these gigantic playing areas, in either NOLF2 or CJ, or even better, both...

-edit-

Oh yeah, now I remember why I wanted to post, originaly. I vote Demolition AND Pegasus. Sorry I forgot it first time tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really play so I better not really vote on that.

I will say though, that from looking at it in DEdit, I think Demolition would be the best game play. I like the idea of attackers and defenders. I also think DD and TDM would be fun too. But I think DM, since it's not team based, wouldn't be as much fun.

I would suggest you DO switch every now and then though. Montana was really made for Demolition.

On a side note, user posted imageand user posted image are both DD maps that will come out with the final release of Pegasus, so I really hope DD maps are still played too! smile.gif

Well the preview screenshots are wOw! biggrin.gif

And I think that yup, switching from time to time would be good, of course provided you have the time to manage that, Elite. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

And they are both awesome maps!

Ok..Since Coty already started smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Those will also be available in the final Pegasus mod, 2 DE maps, 1 DD map & 1 DM map

Everyone should be pretty excited about the upcoming final release of the Pegasus Mod. I've seen some of these maps and they are FANTASTIC! Keep in touch and we'll arrange a fun filled couple of days promoting the mod. biggrin.gif

• 1 year later...