running nolf on XP and Vista

so i downloaded vista rc 1 and installed it on a 40 gb partition on my hard drive.

anyways, i thought i'd see how nolf runs on vista since there was a thread some time ago saying that nolf2 would be compatible with vista. . i use my cd-key to get into a server and no biggie, it works.

then i go back to xp, and try to get into a server and i get an "invalid cd-key".

at this point i've restarted my computer so i can choose to run my computer in XP instead of vista. im guessing the master server is seeing the two *computers* online at the same time, but i assure it there's no way i can be on vista and xp on the same machine at the same time.

any clues?

btw, if anyone wants to try out vista, all you need is a hotmail address or .net id. go to microsoft and register and you'll get a valid cd-key, as well as a link to dl vista.

so i downloaded vista rc 1 and installed it on a 40 gb partition on my hard drive.

anyways, i thought i'd see how nolf runs on vista since there was a thread some time ago saying that nolf2 would be compatible with vista. . i use my cd-key to get into a server and no biggie, it works.

then i go back to xp, and try to get into a server and i get an "invalid cd-key".

at this point i've restarted my computer so i can choose to run my computer in XP instead of vista. im guessing the master server is seeing the two *computers* online at the same time, but i assure it there's no way i can be on vista and xp on the same machine at the same time.

any clues?

btw, if anyone wants to try out vista, all you need is a hotmail address or .net id. go to microsoft and register and you'll get a valid cd-key, as well as a link to dl vista.

you'd have to install Vista as the operating system on the machine. Another possibility is the Vista firewall is screwing with the communications to validate your CD key.

Yup it takes about a quarter before you can play on an onther pc or OS. I had the problem too :) .