Steve Irwin Dies

Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, was killed by a stingray's barb piercing his heart. I know he was a big joke to many of you here, but I adored the man and will miss him greatly. My kids (and me) are quite depressed over this news. Even though he led a dangerous life he seemed invincible. :'(

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/a...rwin/index.html

yeah thats too bad. I thought he was great. Very passionate about his work, promoting his passion of animals. He came under some heat last year when he carrier his toddler son around in the Aligator pit, but at least you can say that he practiced what he preached.

My sons loved him on the Wiggles "Wiggley Safari" too.

One thing though, is that some of these experts fail to realise whether it be Sigfrued and Roy, Steve Irwin, or that Bear guy who got mauled and eaten with his girlfriend up in Alaska a couple of years back; wild animals should be admired from afar no matter how much you know about them. Alot of these people think they are Tarzan, and thats when tragedy happens.

Yeah, his name is legendary with my boys....for a while, my oldest used to walk around saying "Crikey". I think all of us use to sit in awe waiting for him to get bitten by a snake or chomped by a croc.....but a sting ray? Wow...just goes to show how beautiful and dangerous wild things can be.

I've seen Sting Ray stings before. In Tampa, they are all over the place, of all sizes. Occasional I would catch one, as they will jump on a shrimp.

When I would wade around a lagoon, i would see these then swim past me. Even though they are pretty passive, it would still give me a start. The thing is, that they bury themselves in the sand, where you could barely see them sometimes. Most people get stung that way, by accidently stepping on them. The result is a very painfully feeling, and moderate swelling of the area, but nothing fatal. The best cure is just to put your foot in the hotest water you can stand, and that usually takes the sting away immediately.

Getting speared in the chest is almost unheard of.

I was wondering wether I post this,, but I was too f* to do it :(. Still can't believe it's true. Btw he never was to die by that was he knowed (Crocks and Snakes) the only chanse was to die from something unknown as that :(. That was never to be but ... :(

IT's sucks!

Although i was pretty annoyed by his stunts, its really sad the way he died. I mean, i thought he could get hurt by a lion or a croc, but definetly not a stingray. I still cant believe hes gone. Its the way of life, u may be here today, but tomorrow, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...