Music adjustment option literally doesn't adjust anything. Please help!

Hey there,

So I bought the Game of the Year Edition and loaded it on my new Dell yesterday with no problems except this one. Under the options, sound, music setting, moving the bar higher or lower does NOTHING to the music. It blares loudly no matter if it's all the way up or even COMPLETELY off. There is no difference at all moving it around and I can barely hear the players voices at times over the music. I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the same problem occuring. It's annoying and I want to be able to play the game with music but it's just way too loud and the adjustment thing DOESN'T ADJUST!!! Anyone have any ideas??? Some system specs are NVIDIA 7900 GTX 512 MB video card, Sound blaster Xi-fi, 4 GB ram, Pentium G Dual Core 3.2 GHZ processer. Please help!

This is the only game that I have where this occurs. While that does seem to narrow it down to the game I actually hope it is something about my system or set up that can be adjusted to fix it. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be or what I could do? I have NOLF2 and it works fine and adjusts fine. The sound effects tab increases and decreases volume accordingly but the music one just stays the same no matter where I move it.