Sign in to follow this  
Belladonna

Recording Cheaters

A few people have been asking me how to provide proof of someone cheating. I usually tell them to contact me and I'll come in under an alias and watch the accused myself. That doesn't always work for various reasons. So I've been getting asked how to record the game so people can show me that way. Frankly, I don't have a clue about that myself, so I'm asking for your help.

If you know of a good recording program, please post about it here.

Maybe if there are enough people known to be recording the game, some of the cheaters will think twice? Maybe??

Fraps will record most FPS games though the free version has some limitations to it.

hm...and the more people recording the more people using the cheat?

This is so *bleep*ing freaking me out - why can't we all just play the damn game without shouting "cheater" every 2 seconds? Really...it drives me nuts! People running around trying to find cheaters ruin the game just like cheaters do...seriously.

hm...and the more people recording the more people using the cheat?

This is so *bleep*ing freaking me out - why can't we all just play the damn game without shouting "cheater" every 2 seconds? Really...it drives me nuts! People running around trying to find cheaters ruin the game just like cheaters do...seriously.

I just gotta agree with you there Caip.............ignore the cheaters............they'll go away.......... where is the challenge when you own 'cos you cheat....there ain't no challenge.....they'll got bored and b*gg*r off........ sad gits do that.

Caip is right. Thoughtless accusations; "guilty if suspicious and until proven innnocent"-thinking; slandering of other people's names; finger pointing - it's not fun, without evidence it's absolutely pointless, it only aggravates people and disrupts the fun. If you're absolutely sure, then follow in Nolf Vigilante's footsteps and amass proof which leaves no doubt. If not sure, please let this stuff go, play and have fun. After all, with 1.4 on the way, what good does it really serve to obsess about this anymore?

If you're absolutely sure, then follow in Nolf Vigilante's footsteps and amass proof which leaves no doubt.

I don't want ANYONE running around trying to find "cheaters", because those cheater-hunters ruin the game just like cheaters do. I mean, come on, just imagine some guy following you every damn time you play nolf2 trying to prove that you cheat as he is so "100% sure about it" - that sucks.

1st I m not to make hunt myself too (have no time ). 2nd why u have to disscus it + some may justwant to make fun clips of nolf 2 'n' not to hunt cheaters or whatever :rolleyes: .

lmao rolling on the floor blaablaaa

So any technical help here :rolleyes: ?

Fraps will record most FPS games though the free version has some limitations to it.

with the free version you can only film like 30 seconds or something..

for those with a fast computer you can also try "HyperCam"

with the free version you can only film like 30 seconds or something..

for those with a fast computer you can also try "HyperCam"

free version? limitation? :huh:

my "free" version has no limitations :rolleyes:

you guys need to play nolf 1 more :P

nolf 2 sucks the pings are too high and they are more cheaters because hosts arent booting cheaters out

Nolf 1 most cheaters are caught out by the new beta system nolf plus

and becasue people in nolf have bad reputations of cheating so they are banned from entering some servers

nolf 2 sucks the pings are too high and they are more cheaters because hosts arent booting cheaters out

and becasue people in nolf have bad reputations of cheating so they are banned from entering some servers

Like any game though the "beta" thing is a mod and you have to have it loaded to play.

There is the anti-cheat for nolf 2 plus the new 1.4 project (section on the forum here)

As far as cheating goes in NOLF 1, you may be right. As far as ping is concerned, i disagree. Of course a lot depends on where you live, but for 3 weeks I played MP nolf1 (when the NOLF2 master server was down for that same period last year), I found the servers all to be listed for me with pings of 90 or higher. I live in NY which is close enough to either the West Coast of the US or Europe to get a good ping.

As far as game play...hehe, not even in teh same ballpark my friend. No tags, obsolete graphics, no kitties. It was a good game for its time maybe, but NOLF2 is just a better version by far.

Yeah you have a good point nolf 2 has by far the better graphics than nolf 1 but nolf online is better i think i also have nolf 2 you can only pick a range of 3 characters in nolf you can pick sbout 20 and tht doesnt even include custom skins

my conclusion

Nolf 1 gameplay

====== Nolf

Nolf 2 graphic

Nolf2 has the graphics, the gameplay, the drama. Nolf1 definitely had cheaters galore, but if you've gotten rid of them then good for you! We're trying to get rid of them too. :D

Btw, Nolf2 has plenty of skins to choose from, but naturally when playing team modes, it's not up to each player (as that would be really confusing). In DM however it's all available.

Last time i played nolf1...muhaha

they all jumping-jumping-jumping.....nothing else

i thought im in a kangoro-circus

no tactic..no aiming...no tags...

have i mentioned the jumping? :lol:

oh yeah the bunny hopping, i remember that :P.

Like I said, the SP is a great game, but the MP paled in comparrison to NOLF2 (for me) in gameplay, ping, fun, graphics. Besides the reactor gun (or w/e its called) i can't think of anything from NOLF1 that I would have liked to have in NOLF2. Not to mention you guys have no drama! pthhh whats the point then?!!!:P

Knix' date='Jul 24 2006, 04:22 PM' post='63053']

oh yeah the bunny hopping, i remember that :P.

Like I said, the SP is a great game, but the MP paled in comparrison to NOLF2 (for me) in gameplay, ping, fun, graphics. Besides the reactor gun (or w/e its called) i can't think of anything from NOLF1 that I would have liked to have in NOLF2. Not to mention you guys have no drama! pthhh whats the point then?!!!:P

you forgot 1 thing we have the barracav corrector

Thats what I meant, corrector gun. I put down reactor gun :D. Shows you how long it's been since I played...for the reasons mentioned above :).

But still, if the Bacalov corrector is the main reason to play Nolf1 then I'd say Nolf2 MP has a lot more going for it. Not that that necessarily subtracts much from Nolf1 of course. That's still a very charming game compared to many other run-of-the-mill fps'es! But Nolf2 is still the big bro.

But still, if the Bacalov corrector is the main reason to play Nolf1 then I'd say Nolf2 MP has a lot more going for it. Not that that necessarily subtracts much from Nolf1 of course. That's still a very charming game compared to many other run-of-the-mill fps'es! But Nolf2 is still the big bro.

I think they can incorperate the corrector into nolf if they make it rare, limited ammo (like two shots), and perhaps less powerful. I think it was a little cheap in CJ when you can pick it up and then get ammo for it right next to it, giving you nine shots or so.

Im not one to cry "HACKER" but there are a few times in NOLF2 when I questioned if someone has been using a mod.

Any other help about capturing devices/programs? :lol: Ways?

Edited by METAL