It's just NOLF!

PHNX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's what we certainly don't do - sorry, mate... :)

Disco, you need to shut the hell up...these are community forums and the mere posting of a thread is an invitation for all to voice their opinion. Sly can give his opinion any time he wants.

And as for an applogy....for what? The bunker is made of concrete and wood. You can shoot through the concrete and the wood. Also, if you took the time to read and digest my comment, you would have noticed that I said I really don't care about the shooting through the walls.

If we are going to start splitting hairs over what is realistic and what isn't (ability to shoot through paper walls, wood and metal) , then you have to take into consideration what Skizz said expsosing yourself when leaning around a corner. You can't use the "realisitic" argument only when it is convient for your argument.

Main page of UnityHQ.....downloads section .... below is the path

UnityHQ Files :: No One Lives Forever 2 :: Other NOLF2 Files :: Anti-Cheat NOLF 2 Exploit Fix

QUOTE(eliteone @ Jul 8 2006, 08:20 PM)

I'll quote the unityhq server rules "Do not take advantage of map flaws. Avoid restricted areas that the mapmaker did not intend for you to venture into during games. This includes shooting through walls"

But if the walls are made of wood or of paper the mapmakers wanted to give the players the possibility to shoot through this walls! that isn t a flaw, a buck or anything like this...so it should be allowed to use this advantage even if it s a little bit unfair.

If the mapmaker intended for people to shoot through the "paper wall" (on a Japan map for example) then that wouldn't be a map flaw now would it?

As server admins however we are in the position of trying to keep it balanced and fun for the majority, hence that rule. The rules are common sense items we usually have to remind some of them cause they don't bother to read them.

Yep, we could start working on this big update in no time if at least a few mappers would post here to say they're interested and... have the ability to do so. ;)

I would like to participate in this. What I REALLY think we need is Bahamut Zero's help (Everyone beg him really hard in this thread) because he can compile the source and he knows this engine better than anyone. I can contribute in several ways. I have some knowledge regarding that which can be exploited and should be disabled. (Including some things that are not common knowledge) I am familiar with the tools and their documentation plus I have 2 PCs other than the ones Val and I game on that can run Nolf 2 and that have internet access. I could apply test patches, uninstall Nolf 2 and reinstall it on these without inconveniencing myself. We also need some people who would be in charge of creating polls, seeking out and keeping track of public opinion and posting about this in all Nolf 2 forums to ensure as much participation in the decision-making process as possible. In other words Mod team ambassadors to the community. I also would value the participation of anyone who can share knowledge of any cheats we might not have access to or knowledge of. This would not make you look bad because by doing this you are making it possible to get rid of the cheats. This can be done secretly by contacting me. That's "Cheats for Phant" c/o phantizen@stopcheating.com Ha ha! JK! But we do need your help if you know of one that you think we might not know of. I can tell you right now that we can't fix the ability people sometimes have to get outside of the map. To do that you have to have the MAP source and we do not have this for the retail multiplayer maps. If there are some custom multiplayer maps that have enough support and are balanced and bug free, we could include these in the update and expand the number of maps that come standard in version 1.4

Hey, SkiZZor's done some coding!

Pardon my ignorance but aren't there servers with No cheat thingy anymore ?!?! :unsure: if there are then why not just use them to play and there wont be any problems.. I don't know whats current situation is because I haven't played nolf2 in over an year

Several reasons. People as a whole are not into mods and when people go to play, they have to join a game where they can find it. With numbers down as they are, you play where the people are. Plus there are things that can be fixed which are not even in the single anti-cheat mod we have. Many of us also think of the first-time player. N00bs can't be expected to update to the latest version and then learn how to put in a mod (which is not documented in the game itself) and then know how to switch back and forth between the modded and retail version as needed to play but ALL n00bs in ANY game have to update their game to the latest version in order to play. By moving, as a community, to a new version which includes the most recent improvements we have, we bury some of the problems of the past.

• 10 months later...

I have watched the video, I know this topic is very old and etc. but I have decided to put my comment on it. I don't want to accuse anyone or causing more (i hate that expresion) "drama".

1st no one will stand still just to be shoted like the way it's shown in the video. Everyone are trying to hide themselfs from the fire, or run more evician than the guys in the video. Yes, I know that this is only a demonstration, but if you want to proove anything better show things thrat really have happenned through nolf mp.

Anyways, this video shows only classic moves that most of the players in nolf know & do. Everyone can put a nana under the stairs in antartic, everyone can put the nanas like the way it's shown in japan, ect. It's a good movie,m but doesn't shows anything that special or prooves anything.

Edited by METAL

I have watched the video, I know this topic is very old and etc. but I have decided to put my comment on it. I don't want to accuse anyone or causing more (i hate that expresion) "drama".

1st no one will stand still just to be shoted like the way it's shown in the video. Everyone are trying to hide themselfs from the fire, or run more evician than the guys in the video. Yes, I know that this is only a demonstration, but if you want to proove anything better show things thrat really have happenned through nolf mp.

Anyways, this video shows only classic moves that most of the players in nolf know & do. Everyone can put a nana under the stairs in antartic, everyone can put the nanas like the way it's shown in japan, ect. It's a good movie,m but doesn't shows anything that special or prooves anything.

But it can show newbies stuff they don't know yet, uhm?

But it can show newbies stuff they don't know yet, uhm?

true

but since when we got a newbies here. :P (j/k).

Edited by METAL