It's just NOLF!

PHNX

Paper walls, no problem...concrete bunkers (like in ROPS video where he shoots the kittly being placed in the rocket bunker) are an exploit. Either way, I really don't give a rats about shooting through walls.

My problem is when people jump right up after a nana tag...once maybe, everytime...no way...you are cheating. Also, I think some of the leans are questionable. It is possible to lean with almost no detection, however, I have my doubts about some of the leans I have seen.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify myself, I was not talking about people editing their files to increase the leanangle. That is a blatant exploit, and I do not think anyone is dumb enough to use that cheat anymore now that it has been publicized.

Even though leaning is part of the game, I still don't think it is fair when players abuse it (e.g. when they line themselves up with the corner where they are impossible to be killed, but they can kill with ease). I think the game developers were a little off on the leanangle setting, and it should be decreased a little more. When you think about it, when you look around a corner, your head should be visible in relation of what you see. This is not true with the leaning that I am talking about.

I think that possibly the server admins should experiment with different leanangle settings to make the gameplay more realistic and enjoyable. I know it is just a game and it isn't meant to be the most realistic thing, but it would be a lot better if the players view went hand in hand with their physical position.

In My Opinion

The video sucked.

Poor Idea. Period

1. Poor Quality

2. Missed many glitches

3. WHO CARES ABOUT LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT

4. Ill 2v1 both of you with or without any thing in that video

5. Why release something so pointless to get noobs all in a fuss

6. Just go away if your going to whine and moan.

If I'm not wrong someone has even been against a mod which would change that shoot thru walls thing (was it Natter? I dunno...).

Nothing against shooting thru paper-walls!

But a few days ago a player shooted me thru a solid stone wall in AA

He said its a map-glitch

Its the front wall of base between window and door.

The other question is...how could he see me there :unsure:

Also Knix mentioned this in another topic

1. Poor Quality

2. Missed many glitches

3. WHO CARES ABOUT LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT

4. Ill 2v1 both of you with or without any thing in that video

5. Why release something so pointless to get noobs all in a fuss

6. Just go away if your going to whine and moan.

1. Was it supposed to be a cinema movie?

2. The video was not there to show glitches.

3. And as you can see many people care about it :huh:

4. LOL I wanna see that!

5. Uhhmm.. yeah, whatever.

6. Hmm who is moaning? I guess it's you.

Its part of the game get over it and stfu :o lol

Using map exploits (like shooting through solid walls) is/should be definitely not part of the game.

Your comments really are senseless.

Paper walls, no problem...concrete bunkers (like in ROPS video where he shoots the kittly being placed in the rocket bunker) are an exploit. Either way, I really don't give a rats about shooting through walls.

Am I really that wrong or is that a wood wall? I shot people who were in this bunker as well without any modifications... <_<

In My Opinion

The video sucked.

Poor Idea. Period

LOL, yeah, I thought the same after downloading ur 100 MB thing with the 3 min outro... :lol:

Excuse me, RXS, but the building you're talking about is not a "bunker". Antarctic Agression is supposed to take place in some kind of south-pole research lab, made of prefabricated walls, and that's why one can shoot through most of them. There's almost nothing made of concrete in this map, except the ground inside the main buildings. The rest is, apparently, made of wood (stairs and long corridor) and some very thin metal (walls).

No problem with me if someone shoots my kitty through these walls, I won't think this person is cheating, I'll just think "argh, *colorful expression goes here*, the guy knew about the walls..."

Anyway, as we can see in this thread, people have various opinions about what is cheating and what is not. We should define some common rules before we fix anything in the game, I think, as for example the tag "cheat" (I wasn't even aware of its existence before we talked about it) is obviously not a cheat since people at Monolith made it that way.

[off topic]BTW, how does the "wake up" function work when one of your mates is tagged? Is it the same, I mean would I have to right-click several times quickly in order to make it work? I tried to use it a few times but it never worked, please let me know if it does work well for some of you, and how...[/off topic]

Excuse me, RXS, but the building you're talking about is not a "bunker". Antarctic Agression is supposed to take place in some kind of south-pole research lab, made of prefabricated walls, and that's why one can shoot through most of them. There's almost nothing made of concrete in this map, except the ground inside the main buildings. The rest is, apparently, made of wood (stairs and long corridor) and some very thin metal (walls).

Maybe time to apologize, RXS... :rolleyes:

SkiZZor' date='Jul 8 2006, 10:31 PM' post='62496']...to increase the leanangle. That is a blatant exploit, and I do not think anyone is dumb enough to use that cheat anymore now that it has been publicized.

You don't give the cheaters enough credit! That value can be changed as much or as little as one likes, so why be too obvious when you can move your character model just a little bit further out of harms way and have no one notice? The same goes for the wallhack. The smart ones don't go around firing rockets through doorways all the time. That would be a dead giveaway.

BTW, how does the "wake up" function work when one of your mates is tagged? Is it the same, I mean would I have to right-click several times quickly in order to make it work? I tried to use it a few times but it never worked, please let me know if it does work well for some of you, and how...

As far as I can remember, it works for me with just one click. As soon as I click on them they begin playing the "waking up" animation.

Oh, the wake up thing just eliminates the "falling asleep" part of a sleeping gas grenade. The victim still has to wake up again, so it doesn't save much time. Just stand near the person tagged and you'll see that yellow text that indicates a possible action (like when reviving someone). Click it and voila. But really, the difference is so small you might not have noticed you did it ;).

As for the rest of this, I don't like cheaters or cheating any more than the next gal, but let's face it... As long as the ability to cheat is there and some unscrupulous individuals have the knowledge necessary, there will be cheating. The only way I can think of that we're gonna settle this once and for all is with a big multifix, countering every known hack and cheat and fixing the worst bugs. So what I'd like to know is if we have anyone who even think they CAN make this?

[off topic]Thanks for your answers, Phant and Mari :)[/off topic]

Yep, we could start working on this big update in no time if at least a few mappers would post here to say they're interested and... have the ability to do so. ;)

QUOTE(eliteone @ Jul 8 2006, 08:20 PM)

I'll quote the unityhq server rules "Do not take advantage of map flaws. Avoid restricted areas that the mapmaker did not intend for you to venture into during games. This includes shooting through walls"

But if the walls are made of wood or of paper the mapmakers wanted to give the players the possibility to shoot through this walls! that isn t a flaw, a buck or anything like this...so it should be allowed to use this advantage even if it s a little bit unfair.

[...] so it should be allowed to use this advantage even if it s a little bit unfair.

Nope, it isn't even unfair coz everybody can do it :D .

Yup and my 3 min intro is better then your whole movie. Ive seen caveman drawings with better quality.

...and I mathematics books with more action than urs :P .

Ok then tell me the point of your video then. As far as I know WHY RELEASE A VIDEO WITH SOMETHING IN IT YOU CANNOT FIX. Naming the video "ITS JUST NOLF2" IF ITS JUST NOT PART OF THE GAME.

Using map exploits (like shooting through solid walls) is/should be definitely not part of the game.

Well then why is the video called its just nolf2?

Ok then tell me the point of your video then. As far as I know WHY RELEASE A VIDEO WITH SOMETHING IN IT YOU CANNOT FIX. Naming the video "ITS JUST NOLF2" IF ITS JUST NOT PART OF THE GAME.

E. g. to prevent people to call others a cheater just coz they shot thru a wooden wall? This thing shall inform people who don't know the game as good as others do so they call others cheater coz those use tricks newer players don't know. Pretty easy actually and especially to understand with ease if u had read the introduction text... ;)

hmm maybe you still didn't get it.. the video does NOT show map exploits NOR does it show cheats. All shown things are legal and not cheating.

Out of all those glitches about 5 or so were used commonly. Now what im saying it could increase. Why show exploits you cant fix to the average player i just didnt get the motive.

All shown things are legal and not cheating.

hypocrite?

NOT show map exploits

Then why say shooting through solid walls is an exploit and its in your video.

Out of all those glitches about 5 or so were used commonly. Now what im saying it could increase. Why show exploits you cant fix to the average player i just didnt get the motive.

hypocrite?

Nothing forbidden has been done... NOTHING - FORBIDDEN - tu me comprends? Can't really be that difficult... :huh:

LOL... When? :lol: Clean ur glasses, dude...