It's just NOLF!

PHNX

itsjustnolf7xh.jpg

Alternative Download Link: (click)

Apparently there are so many nolfers who dont have a clue of what normal nolf is..

- Lean around a corner and they call it leanhack

- Just frag some agents and they call it aimbot after a while

- Shoot through a paper wall and they call it wallhack - "how could he've known that?" o.O

Sure, nolf is full of bugs and stuff..

but people should definitely stop with shouting out accusations that fast, not everythings a cheat..

So this movie shows a few things which look strage but .. its just normal NOLF!

I hope you enjoy it :)

Edited by =t3h3v4l=

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to point something out here...

You are saying that all these things (including the uber-leaning) are called bugs...so shouldn't exploiting these bugs be unfair/cheating? Going in the woods is a bug, getting on a roof is a bug, getting off the map is a bug; and you can get banned for those. I guess some players just have selective opinions on what a bug is. :P

A bug in any game is classified as giving yourself an advantage unfairly over other players in the game. When you lean like that in the game, you are giving yourself an unfair advantage for the following reasons:

1) You cannot be seen by other players.

2) It is near impossible for other players to injure/kill you.

3) The leaner is able to see a vast amount of playing field.

4) The leaner is able to kill other players without being detected .

No matter how you look at it, it IS a bug. It is a graphical glitch in the game which can give you a far higher advantage over the other players. If uber-leaning is allowed in the game, than why shouldn't all the other bugs be?

What do you mean? He did not say that a lean-hack is a bug nor did he say it should be allowed.

What he meant:

If you simply lean just normal - no bug, no hack - some players think you are using some kind of lean-hack.

The video was made to show that this is not true.

At least that's how I understood him ;)

What do you mean? He did not say that a lean-hack is a bug nor did he say it should be allowed.

What he meant:

If you simply lean just normal - no bug, no hack - some players think you are using some kind of lean-hack.

The video was made to show that this is not true.

At least that's how I understood him ;)

In his post he said:

Sure, nolf is full of bugs and stuff..

but people should definitely stop with shouting out accusations that fast.

I thought that kinda implied that the lean-glitch was a bug. I understand that it is not a hack, but I think it should be treated as a bug since it is an unfair advantage.

I watched the whole entire thing - and it was too long - LOL!

But seriously, I see where there are sooooooo many places in the whole map where you can shoot through the walls, wow, shocking NOT.

First, I say, "interesting that you went around finding them all"...

Second, "why did you need to know where you can shoot through the walls unless at some point you are planning to be able to see O_O people through them?"

Third, "why are you trying so hard to prove something, that you know is false?"

Is this movie a way for you to try and tell everyone you don't cheat? Cause that seems like a lot of effort to deny something that has already involved sentencing???? :crazy: CRAZY :crazy:

AND Skizz, modifying your source files to change the angle of your lean is not a bug, its a hack.

Wikipedia definition of BUG:

A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program that prevents it from working as intended, or produces an incorrect result. Bugs arise from mistakes and errors, made by people, in either a program's source code or its design. A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy. Reports about bugs in a program are referred to as bug reports, also called PRs (problem reports), trouble reports, CRs (change requests), and so forth.

FOR EXAMPLE---Being able to get behind the map in Siberia...

Wikipedia definition of HACK(ER):

In other technical fields, hacker is extended to mean a person who makes things work beyond perceived limits through their own technical skill, such as a hardware/(software) hacker, or reality hacker.

FOR EXAMPLE---Install a program to change your game so that you can see through walls...

IPB Image

It's Just NOLF???....

*sigh* - NO, it WAS just NOLF and so fun it was!!!! Now, its turining into something PATHETIC. I.E. having to even have THREADS LIKE THIS!

How can we counter the fact that this game is now full of cheaters???

The problem I have is that some people can't play the game without exploiting it. Using bugs and haxs are the norm instead of the exception...and it's the same people doing it over and over - you know who you are. Congratulations, you're ruining the game.

This is a sad thread...

To be a good player in any game, you have to have an advantage over your opponent to maintain control. You can either over power them or be smarter than them. Knowing where bugs are in the game makes you smarter than your opponent (unless they know the bugs, too). Exposing every way to have an advantage over your opponent to the world pretty much kills the game because now EVERYONE knows the loopholes, not just the experienced players. All the good players knew those anyway... that's why they're good players :P .

As for RXS.. It's not people like me 'ruining the game' cause i show those things to everyone

but people like you killing the whole community with your stupid behaving in here and in servers!

As for Ropsen...Care to elaborate how "people like me" are killing the whole community or are you just talking out your azz again? Exactly what behavior might you be talking about? I can guess that in the forums you might be refering to the times I've called your silly azz to the carpet for saying/doing dumb thing. As for the servers, YOU ARE CRAZY. But go ahead, try to dig yourself out of this one.

Nice try in doing your best to bring me into the little mess you created. Sorry, vengeful little friend, but this one is all yours...you made the video - you started the post.

And BTW - I never claimed that you were the one guilty of using the bugs/haxs all the time...you assumed that I was talking about you - guilty consciense? If the shoe fits, wear it.

Cant wait how the admins see the shooting thru walls-thingy

Is it cheating or not.....

Playing an old game full of bugs needs of course a bit fairness....

Sry...cant explain what fairness is....its a thing u never understand rops

a thing like not holding the last part and camp in bases to increase score

a thing like even up teams

a thing like not using bugs

a thing like joining the weaker team

a thing like not using cheats and hacks

Sounds like chinese for you?

Gosh, I don't even know what your problem is with that video... Are you afraid of the noobs who could improve after watching this?

Sorry, vengeful little friend, but this one is all yours...you made the video - you started the post.

...and I guess that's a crime? Wow :rolleyes: .

WTF? :blink:

Are you really that obsessed with playing war, Nat?

Not using bugs? This "perfect" leaning is one - theoretically. C'mon, don't try to make us believe that you never did it... and anyway: the shooting thu walls-thingy isn't even a bug. It's coz the programmers wanted it. You can only shoot thru wood walls and the paper walls and that's coz it is realistic... Ridiculous, man, really ridiculous.

This video has been posted into 5 forums. BANG! But this one is the only one where people immediately drove crazy... and THAT is sad.

I like the video and shooting trough paper walls / doors it definitely NOT a bug abuse.

What is your problem with leaning? Is there any strange lean thing in the video? I guess not. :rolleyes:

Not using bugs? This "perfect" leaning is one - theoretically. C'mon, don't try to make us believe that you never did it...

What do you mean by this, disco? No big deal, but I don't understand it 100%. What is perfect leaning to you? Just being a good player who is good at leaning with no hacking or do you mean a hacked lean?

What do you mean by this, disco? No big deal, but I don't understand it 100%. What is perfect leaning to you? Just being a good player who is good at leaning with no hacking or do you mean a hacked lean?

I don't mean a hack.

It's possible to lean without being seen by ur enemy - without any lean angle modifications and stuff... I think THAT's a bug but all the people use it so I think it isn't really unfair to use it.

I really don't know why some people here make a mountain out of a molehill <_< .

I think there is some outrage cause when we go into the servers we are not just encountering people who can lean well, who know which walls to try to shoot through, who jump out of glue and who snipe from bathroom windows.

In response to:

AND

As for Ropsen...Care to elaborate how "people like me" are killing the whole community or are you just talking out your azz again? Exactly what behavior might you be talking about? I can guess that in the forums you might be refering to the times I've called your silly azz to the carpet for saying/doing dumb thing. As for the servers, YOU ARE CRAZY. But go ahead, try to dig yourself out of this one.

Nice try in doing your best to bring me into the little mess you created. Sorry, vengeful little friend, but this one is all yours...you made the video - you started the post.

And BTW - I never claimed that you were the one guilty of using the bugs/haxs all the time...you assumed that I was talking about you - guilty consciense? If the shoe fits, wear it.

I just found a pic of Rops wearing his chinese shoes :o Somehow I think it's all a trick cause I am sure he doesn't understand chinese! But the shoes DEFINITELY FIT!

IPB Image

Thanks for the reminder, Rops, I'm off to play F.A.I.R.!!!

"Congratulations, you're ruining the game."

Btw.: Back in the NOLF1 times there even were bots shooting through wood-walls and doors:

video

So why should this be a bug? :huh:

My stance (run for the hills lol)

Leaning with the default game settings isn't cheating. It's when the setting has been modified by the player to give them an advantage then it becomes cheating.

Being Stealthy is a part of online gaming (should try Call of Duty 1/2 sometime) as snipers will hide in the terran and snipe you from quite a distance. To me that isn't cheating but using your enviorment.

I haven't watched the video so I can't comment on it.

I'll quote the unityhq server rules "Do not take advantage of map flaws. Avoid restricted areas that the mapmaker did not intend for you to venture into during games. This includes shooting through walls"

Ok i've accepted that it's ok to jump out of the glue... because the game has been made in that way... isn't that the same about the japanese paperwalls? Of course you can shoot through paper with an AK... just as much as you can jump out of glue :)

Cheating is when people start shooting others through normal walls :)

I'll quote the unityhq server rules "Do not take advantage of map flaws. Avoid restricted areas that the mapmaker did not intend for you to venture into during games. This includes shooting through walls"

BANG! I really think they wanted ppl to be able to shoot thru paper and wood walls (coz it's realistic) like they wanted people to be able to jump outta glue tags (there is a special variable for that anyway...). So it's NO CHEATING :blink: .

If I'm not wrong someone has even been against a mod which would change that shoot thru walls thing (was it Natter? I dunno...).

I'd say that creating such a mod would prevent most of the cheating accusations made by people who don't know that these walls were designed that way... But personally, I think leaving the walls the way they are is OK. It's pure logic, and no "solid" wall in NOLF2 can be shot through without using a hack or exploiting a game flaw. Yep, in real life, an AK would certainly be able to drill a few holes into a wood, tin or paper wall, so...

On the other hand, it would be cool to make these "restricted areas that the mapmaker did not intend for you to venture into during games" become out of reach. I rarely see people use such glitches in DD, but there are more places like that in DM maps. Correcting a few things would include woodlands, khios, and maybe russian rampage...

I'd say that creating such a mod would prevent most of the cheating accusations made by people who don't know that these walls were designed that way... But personally, I think leaving the walls the way they are is OK. It's pure logic, and no "solid" wall in NOLF2 can be shot through without using a hack or exploiting a game flaw. Yep, in real life, an AK would certainly be able to drill a few holes into a wood, tin or paper wall, so...

I completely agree with u on that but I still wonder why Natter's trying to attack rops with stuff like "Cant wait how the admins see the shooting thru walls-thingy". What are u really so mad about, dude? :mellow: