P!NX

No Cheat!!!!!

I know some of you often wonder how some players (including me) jump out of a glue- or a beartrap-tag and some even call it cheating (using a bug of the game)

But if you read the "DAMAGEFX.txt" file, which you can find in the folder "GAME" and in the subfolder "ATTRIBUTES", you can find under "DamageFX8" and "DamageFX9" following three lines:

1."Allow Movement", which defines whether you are still able too move when tagged or not (for stunnades you'll find a "1" as value, which means that movement is allowed...

2."Allow Input", which defines whether you are still able too shoot while being tagged or not (you'll find a "0" meaning that it's not possible, for sleeping-nades for example)

3."NumJumpsToEscape" , which defines the number of Jumps (how often you need to click the jump-button) you need to make in order to escape the tag (0 means "not possible" )...

Now for Gluetags you'll find the value 10 and for beartraps the value 15, which means that you need to klick the jumpingbutton 10 (15) times in order to escape those two tags, though i noticed when i tried it on a server today, that at least in multiplayer you need to klick 5 more times each, meaning 15 times for escaping glue, 20 times for escaping beartraps :)

NOTE: For being able to open the "GAME" folder, which contains the DamageFX.txt file, you may need to install the "Tools for Nolf2"(including the DEdit, FXed and so on) which you'll find in the downloadarea of these forums :)

finally a solid proof :)

It's included in game to jump out tags and its not forbidden....

But is it fair? <_<

of course it is!!! cause if u get glue tagged it tags you for 10-11 seconds i think, and even if you try to escape, i at least still try to aim with my mouse, while klicking the space bar with my left thumb at the same time and i tell ya, it is not easy to escape it quick and it usually takes me 3-4 seconds to escape though.

Phos, Rockets and Explosive shells for Shotgun aren't fair either, but lots of players use no other weapons even those who pretend to be "one of the strongest", and with jumping out of tags, u don't even hurt someone.. so why not use it..

aahh..finally! Still remember what happened last time when "some people" didnt agree that its not cheat ;)

If there's even a "NumJumpsToEscape" thing in the code it's obviously that the programmers wanted ppl to be able to do that... Next thing could be: is it is it fair to lean? Is it fair to shoot through the wood walls? Is it fair to place nanas under stairs...?

Indeed! .. I totally i agree :) im very glad someone found a real proof thats its no cheating!

Well... atleast only uber noobs called it cheating ..

The same with leaning on certain positions.. they call it shooting trough walls etc :( .. instead of trying to lean correctly themself grrr

Anyway there are tons of things called cheating which really arent but whatever.. finally the owner of the server has to define "cheating"!

For exaple shooting trough the walls in japan.. do it and some butt complains.. or nanas or leaning or whatever..

BUT what i really dont get is the dam high runspeed of certain players! :o

Is it really lag or hack? .. or maybe .. uhmm skill? haha

I don't have a problem with the Glue, beartrap escape, you are debilitated enough where you are still at a disadvantage...and I still got a point for the tag. Yesterday however I had a problem with a couple of people blatently hacking in the NA SFI server. On one occassion Natter was there, on another occassion no one with SCMD capabilities was present.

The first of which was with a player by the name of "Hehe" in the Antartic Agression map (the one with the kitty/bomb hut in the middle). I was tagging alot of people when I got him consecutively. On both occassions he used the nanna tag cheat (pause game, exit to options screen, return to game, no longer tagged). He did it both times. I asked Natter to bann or warn the guy explaining what he did. Natter didn't seem to understand what this cheat was, and nothing was done. Granted it was in the heat of a full server game, so it's really not his job to stop short, and warn the guy, or figure out the command to bounce him. The other time was with a player (same map different game) by the name of "sniper". I've seen this guy around recently. Anyhow he was sniping through the window in his base towards the window in our base. Well he first skitches into the wall and shoots Moody and I, while laughing about it. Then proceeds to snipe at our base window when i am not even in view. To test it to make sure, I crawled up while crouching to the window from the lower room where you get the sniper riffle. Even before I reach the steps of that room, bullets from his riffle pinged off the window.

My point with all of this, is the same I brought up in the past. I repectfully suggest that E1 and Bella consider the idea of assigning certain active players from the NOLF2 community access to the SCMD access to the servers they run. We know who plays daily, and E1 and Bella, I'm sure can figure out who they can trust, and who they cannot to have access. I realise the concern of getting some triggerhappy player banning/booting people at the first provocation is a concern. It's just frustrating knowing that you as a player have no recourse when someone is blatently cheating.

I don't know if every SFI person has access to the SCMD for any SFI/UnityHQ server or only a select few. I know the only sure fire alternative is the anti-cheat server, however we have already discussed why that won't work. So if E1 and Bella are in agreement, this is the only way that we can "police" situations like this.

Yep, I saw Hehee too..

If you mean "[uKN] Sniper" - he is not cheating - I know because he is my brother...

And I totally agree with you on the SCMD thing..

Knix' date='Jul 5 2006, 07:13 PM' post='62377']

I asked Natter to bann or warn the guy explaining what he did. Natter didn't seem to understand what this cheat was, and nothing was done.

hmpf.

Last time natter asked me whether im afraid of the next ban already. I wondered what ive done and he told me its way too suspect that i have so many kills already and stuff :/

And later he said "come on, even i know how to change the lean settings and stuff" (in german of course)

Guess natter just pretended being the innocent one :lol: hes really funny sometimes :lol: .. or maybe its the only the time.. even top moral officers become old :D

He also didnt see those guys accusing, swearing and attacking me in the euro server..

Maybe because Squid (aka 'one of the best nolfers ever' or 'mastercheater') is one of his big idols.. who knows?

They have been base camping the whole time, phossed alot and placed spawntags .. and nobody cared the language .. but then talking about 'fair play' again <_<

And if natter really doesnt know how to use his scmd i wonder why he even has access then.. even a simple warning would have been ok too..

but nothing happened.. anyone else would have been kicked or even banned!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

GO DRAMA !!! :lol::lol:

So if I'm reading this right people are wanting us to "police" more yet when we do some start whinning about that too. Somewhere here is the "happy middle" to all this. It is obvious at this point Sierra VU isn't going to update the game. So what do we do equipe more with the ability to do the judge jury BAN thing or do we password the servers so we know who is getting in there?

No matter what game it is though there will always be those who use cheats it's a part of online games for some.

It is unfortunate but it is a fact none the less.

oo..so sad..Squid and Tony got pwned.thats their problem...motherfunkers :lol: theres real noobs who cant even accuse without being under aliases. And what comes to playingskills..SO SAD :D :D

So if I'm reading this right people are wanting us to "police" more yet when we do some start whinning about that too. Somewhere here is the "happy middle" to all this. It is obvious at this point Sierra VU isn't going to update the game. So what do we do equipe more with the ability to do the judge jury BAN thing or do we password the servers so we know who is getting in there?

No matter what game it is though there will always be those who use cheats it's a part of online games for some.

It is unfortunate but it is a fact none the less.

Either host all server with the anti cheat mod or finally play the game and see the cheaters yourself and then kick and ban all of them.. so e.g. if someone gets caught being faster with the core than you running normal then "BAN thing" him!!! These cheaters all think they can do what they want.. The only one banned is Killerhurtz I guess - and he is not playing the game anymore anyway though - just do something about those cheaters - it won't help discussing if he was cheating or not and in the end no nothing at all. :unsure:

And another thing: I hate people using aliases! Why do people use aliases? Are they scared they could get caught using cheats??? :rolleyes:

*getting popcorn* :P

OMG! Thats true?

OMG! Thats true?

Dude, c'mon, how could you think something like that could be true? :D

By the way, did I already mention that there really is no cheating in NOLF? No joke for sure! :o

Allow me to further the drama also...

HeHee wallhacked against me and I KNOW WHO HE IS! It was in Antarctic for me also. There were 2 on each team. I was in my base and my teammate died at the foot of the stairs while I was in the room with the sniper rifle. I had not been seen and I had not fired because I spawned only a moment earlier.So rather than revive, I camped the doorway and waited. So I am leaning and waiting for a few seconds. I tap forward while leaning to move forward just a tiny little bit and HeHee fires. WHOAAA!!! You see, I knew he was there and he could see me, so neither of us charged forward. When I began to move he reacted by firing. But let's face it. Not everyone really cares a lot about getting all the cheaters out of the game. And others think that you need "concrete evidence". That is why I've been playing a lot of F.A.I.R. lately.

And another thing: I hate people using aliases! Lodingi.. why are you using the alias Squid ;)

Why do people use aliases? Are they scared they could get caught using cheats??? :rolleyes:

*continues the drama*

There are several reasons for it (at least for me)

1. (which yet isn't the case) some players leave the server immediately after reading your real name, for example in ropsens case

2.I'm not afraid to get caught cheating, cause i got nothing to fear as i don't cheat, but me, i'm sick of every kind of drama, so i often use aliases only to hide my real identity, so no one is able to ruin my clans reputation just cause some noob calls me or anyone from our clan a cheater

3. I use aliases simply to make people guessing who i might be, i love it :lol:

and btw: aliases are useless in most cases anyways (at least if the top players use it). I know the approx. ping of every pro player on euroserver and i know every top players playing and chating behaviour, so it isn't too hard to figure who hides behind which aliases. Baron for example isn't able too hide behind any kind of alias, like *edited* if u didn't know yet, cause he always has 66 ping and has a special way of playing ...

and all his nades are soo perfect :)

Thus is the dilema. I've been hounded for being too much a "rules" person in my admining my gameservers by some of you. I find it rather ironic to know be told to get "banning" now.

Actually E1 I don't remember ever saying that you policed the servers to hard. Then again, you were probably not referring to me anyhow :P. Like I said, its your nickle, so these are just suggestions. If you give the password to say 10 people in the NOLF community who..

1) Plays nightly or almost Daily/nightly (covering both Europe and NA)

2) Who's judgment you trust (i.e will not boot a person on only speculation).

3) Set ground rules for warnings, booting, banishment, etc (such as only visual obersvation as in the case I mentioned and Phantizen also mentioned).

Then you have it done in an organized way. I wouldn't care if every SFI person had access to the SCMD, only problem is that there are games when no SFI members are in the game (or in the case of Natter, seemingly unsure what shadyness lurks in the minds of some :P). This way if you have SFI members with access, and a select few of non-sfi members with access, while you may not catch every cheater, the chance of doing so is greatly increased.

What happened to you, Knix, happened to me too, as I said in a previous topic about cheating. It's really disapointing not to be able to do anything but warn people once or twice, because, most of the times, people who cheat will start cursing, then harass other players, etc.

Question is : do I know people in NOLF2 who would be able to have some kind of control over the servers without being regarded as power mongers? Err, no. Not even myself. See Natter's case. He's someone I trust, and I believe in his total fair-play. But some other people will not, because they see things from their own point of view. I do not judge them for that, even if I think it's absolutely unfair. But, contrary to them, I'm one of Natter's online friends.

Well, why not put some people on a list, and have some community vote for them to be entitled to use SCMD, then? Wouldn't that be fair for everyone?

Could always have a pay for SCMD club? It would help cover server costs too :P

Yeah, that's a great idea! Until FoXsy coughs up $40. He asked me if he could pay for scmd when I had a NYC server and that is why I use that example.

And Eliteone, based on your comments, I think I should clarify. While all my previous accusations (conspiring to keep certain players off of ALL servers, admin harrassment, whole-clan banning and general rudeness) still stand, I did not mean to infer that you personally should be expected to do more about cheaters. I mean that sincerely. While cheaters are incredibly frustrating to deal with, I do understand the amount of time and effort it would require to keep all of them off of an un-modded server. That is more than I would ask, which is why I appreciate n0lf v1g1lanT3's efforts so much.

n0lfv1g1anT3! Where are you???

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............................

You could all just play **edited out - for the last time, please go talk about that game in the other games section**

*cough* PUNKBUSTER *cough*

Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!