No Cheat!!!!!

P!NX

Who would I trust to SCMD?

1) Phanitizen

2) RXS

3) Breeze

4) Silas

5) GDI (if he would lose the skirt and play DD :P )

6) Blue (If he would play more)

7) Moody

8) Ghonnorea

9) Skizzor (see Blue)

10) Sgt. Pepper

11) Belgaron

I could add SLY to the list becaue I'm sure he could recognize a cheat better then anyone above, but for him, he'd prob take it as a challenge to make that person pay, and not submit a warning, then if it continues a boot, etc,etc,etc.

So say you take 6 people from the list above. All above mentioned I think would have the ability when they see an OBVIOUS cheat to act by any rules that E1 or Bella dictate. They are all veteran players of either NOLF2, who have the cojones to make a decision ONLY when the obvious cheats occur.

1) People continously firing blindly around a corner when neither sound nor logical game play would dictate someone would be known to be there.

2) Seeing somebody get tagged by a nanna, then pop to their feet 2 seconds later firing away.

3) Seeing someone outside the standard gaming area of a map (no wondering if you see someone in the woods in AA, or shooting you while you're standing in a middle of a hallway in RR, with them not having access to a window or corner from which to shoot from).

Leaning is impossible to determine short of the DXFIX which we covered. So the above 3 and someone walking around at a faster clip then a standard playing running, would be the obvious ones that CAN be policed.

And I would play FEAR more if it was half as fun for me as NOLF2. I'll keep at it, and maybe I will learn to like it but so far...eh.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............................

You could all just play F.E.A.R.

*cough* PUNKBUSTER *cough*

Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVG, you're on a forum that's dedicated to NOLF2, maybe you didn't notice. Your recurrent posts ordering us to play another game will not help us deal with the problems that occur in the game we're currently talking about. Ah, sorry. I mean...

IN THE GAME WE'RE CURRENTLY TALKING ABOUT

;)

Knix, yeah you got it right. That was the idea. If anyone else has propositions to make, go on...

DVG, you're on a forum that's dedicated to NOLF2, maybe you didn't notice. Your recurrent posts ordering us to play another game will not help us deal with the problems that occur in the game we're currently talking about. Ah, sorry. I mean...

IN THE GAME WE'RE CURRENTLY TALKING ABOUT

;)

Knix, yeah you got it right. That was the idea. If anyone else has propositions to make, go on...

Yes, NOLF2 is a great game, but there are still issues with it and since SIERRA is not putting one single additional DIME into it, I am just trying to help everyone out :rolleyes:. BUT NOLF2 will always be in my heart FOREVER!

[...]

And another thing: I hate people using aliases! Lodingi.. why are you using the alias Squid ;)

Why do people use aliases? Are they scared they could get caught using cheats??? :rolleyes:

[...]

I got an email from lodingi.. he feels insulted.

As the " ;) " smily should have shown, I was only joking.. I could have picked any name, sorry!!

I do NOT think you use any kind of cheat, Lodingi and I do NOT have a personal problem with you!

Sorry if you got me wrong - next time I'll think more about what I'm writing :(

Knix' date='Jul 5 2006, 09:48 PM' post='62401']

Who would I trust to SCMD?

1) Phanitizen

2) RXS

3) Breeze

4) Silas

5) GDI (if he would lose the skirt and play DD :P )

Aw, c'mon! I've been trying to make the switch -- give it time!

Hey Knix...(and all others)

I dont bann anyone bcs you (or anyone else) tell me he is cheating.

If someone act vs the server rules....i warn him/she/it...2 or 3 times

Then i make a warn boot

Then i talk to Bella or E1 wether it's a reason to bann

(now i got his IP of course)

and then they decide bout a bann.....not me.....its their servers

thats why i have SCMD...

cs im not a rowdy who bann people cs i think they cheating

I dont let me set under pressur.....i dont do what others told me to do

Not on a server SFI (including me) is paying money for

Sry KNIX....buy ur own server and u can bann as much as you want

and now go playing

Herr Natter,

I told you 3 times that he was using the nanna cheat. Did you warn him? No. Did you ask me for clarification? yes. one time asking "What is that?". When I explained to you what the cheat was....you said nothing further. So you don't do any of the things that you say you do below...unless you see it. Thats fine, but I would hope that as you have known me for sometime now, you realise that I don't throw out accusations too often. I witnessed a cheat being used. An unrefutable cheat, not speculation. I advised you about it, and you did nothing. So please don't tell me that because its E1's or Bella's server that I cannot state an accurate description of the events as they happened. Now if you think I misrepresented what happened, then please let me know, as I may have taken crazy pills that day, which affected the size of my brain pan.

So if you don't warn, don't report, don't respond to a advisement by me of a rule infraction. Do you have the SCMD to get chicks? :P

I like you of course Herr Natter, so I hope you take what I say as not a personal attack, but an observation. If I am wrong about this, it won't be the first time, and I appologize in advance.

Forza Azzuri!

btw. DeathValleyGirl could you please stop your FEAR advertisments - thanks :rolleyes:

What are you afraid of? Nothing to FEAR except FEAR itself :lol: sorry, couldn't resist

Hey Knix...(and all others)

I dont bann anyone bcs you (or anyone else) tell me he is cheating.

If someone act vs the server rules....i warn him/she/it...2 or 3 times

Then i make a warn boot

Then i talk to Bella or E1 wether it's a reason to bann

(now i got his IP of course)

and then they decide bout a bann.....not me.....its their servers

thats why i have SCMD...

cs im not a rowdy who bann people cs i think they cheating

I dont let me set under pressur.....i dont do what others told me to do

Not on a server SFI (including me) is paying money for

Sry KNIX....buy ur own server and u can bann as much as you want

and now go playing

I thought you were resisting the bait Natt, and treating this topic with the contempt it deserves ;).......... but I guess Knixy boy just got under your skin :rolleyes:

I think all those who detest cheating should lobby for 100% SFI/Unityhq anti-cheat servers........its the only real way to stop it.

or

we could just call them nasty names :D ..... (sorry I'm not treating this seriously am I)

I think all those who detest cheating should lobby for 100% SFI/Unityhq anti-cheat servers........its the only real way to stop it.

...and then? They'll continue with hacks which aren't included in the fix :rolleyes: .

Knix' date='Jul 6 2006, 06:25 PM' post='62415']

Herr Natter,

I told you 3 times that he was using the nanna cheat. Did you warn him? No. Did you ask me for clarification? yes. one time asking "What is that?". When I explained to you what the cheat was....you said nothing further. So you don't do any of the things that you say you do below...unless you see it. Thats fine, but I would hope that as you have known me for sometime now, you realise that I don't throw out accusations too often. I witnessed a cheat being used. An unrefutable cheat, not speculation. I advised you about it, and you did nothing. So please don't tell me that because its E1's or Bella's server that I cannot state an accurate description of the events as they happened. Now if you think I misrepresented what happened, then please let me know, as I may have taken crazy pills that day, which affected the size of my brain pan.

So if you don't warn, don't report, don't respond to a advisement by me of a rule infraction. Do you have the SCMD to get chicks? :P

I like you of course Herr Natter, so I hope you take what I say as not a personal attack, but an observation. If I am wrong about this, it won't be the first time, and I appologize in advance.

Forza Azzuri!

Herr Knix!

Sometimes in Nolf i have to shoot some of u and dont listen

constantly to ur very interesting statements.

Serious i have SCMD bcs i organize fun-matches in our clan.

I need to handle the row of the maps and make special settings for fun games

like ff-on and time-settings

and i dont explain to u now what fun is....hehehe

im no server-policeman and if i play i want play....fact!

I thought you were resisting the bait Natt, and treating this topic with the contempt it deserves ;).......... but I guess Knixy boy just got under your skin :rolleyes:

or

we could just call them nasty names :D ..... (sorry I'm not treating this seriously am I)

U right ONYX...but i saw my name to often here

To Onyx... wtf is up with this Knixy s--t? :D. The Euros' love calling me "Knixy". Sounds like a pet name a chick would call her hubby. Annnnyhow.

I don't see what this conversation should be held in comtempt. When I see something I say something. And I didn't mean to give the appearence like I was specifically picking on Natter. I actuality mentioned in my first post, that i don't blame him for not wanting to stop during a full server game...log in...and shake a fist at the jerk. A simple warning would have sufficed. Again I would love to play in the DXFIX server, but the problems with it remain the same. The wall hack, and lean angle hack, the speed hack, all would be resolved. That says nothing about the nanna cheat, or skitching situations I told about. THOSE need to be resolved by a having as many trusted people with access to the SCMD, so if someone in good standing tells them (hopefully I am such a person) , or they observe the infraction themselves, they will react appropriately. Also with the DXFIX, you may want to play in it, I may want to play in it, NS,BAB,U,SFI,FF5 "Joe blow" may want to play in it, but what of those who don't want to be bothered with it or those who don't know about it? Just because they don't use it does'nt mean that have a problem with the issues at hand. It's all well and good to have it, but unless all public servers (that don't have pings of 65,555) us it, it is dead in the water. So if NOLFWORLD, UNITY/SFI, NS, and U want to insist on it, then (not at first), but eventually it will work. If even one server does not insist on it...splat.

Theres always gonna be abusers

I say people stop being alias

Im sure i could find them and prove to you before i kicked but i know im never gonna get scmd :)

Besides I would only kick alias since there are so many that only do as an alias. Not many are bold enough to cheat with a tag on.

Besides why play fear sierra only took 6 months to get punkbuster for it, the coders already saw what

they needed. Chances are there are more cheaters in fear then nolf2. It's kind of like an Anti-Virus Program if you gave some one the source to your Anti-Virus program you think they could make a Trogan around it I bet so.

Knix' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:55 PM' post='62430']

To Onyx... wtf is up with this Knixy s--t? :D. The Euros' love calling me "Knixy". Sounds like a pet name a chick would call her hubby. Annnnyhow.

I think its british football (soccer) thing, footballers seem to put a "y" after everyone's surname :blink: ........ I guess its trying to be friendly when you're about to criticise them:rolleyes:

Not that I was criticising you! I get as mad as you do when people have to cheat...its so pointless....but we've been here so many times before.

Cheaters have to cheat, they are lacking in self esteem, they need the boost from pawning in NOLF to make them feel good.

The same thing happens on the roads, a weedy nerd drives a sporty red car and breaks all speed limits etc. etc. to make themselves feel superior ....unfortunatley we have some weedy nerds play NOLF who need to cheat for the same reason.

I play F.A.I.R. every day now since I have gotten back into it and there hasn't been one player that I felt was wallhacking or that I couldn't kill at least some of the time. The last time I went into Nolf2 there were 3 other players and one of them was cheating for sure. :( I also believe that most cheats become obsolete (temporarily) when a patch is released and the game's version changes. Maybe that is what Nolf2 needs. (Just thinking out loud now) If Bahamut Zero could make a patch that would overwrite people's files and fix some things we could post this patch all over the internet and call it version 1.4. It is easier than putting a mod in and if n00bs can patch their game to 1.3 they can patch it to 1.4. Hmmm... I think that has been discussed actually. Ok, I'm off to write a thread.

I tend to agree with Knix on this...I think it would be in everyones best interest if E1 and Bella set up one maybe two people from each clan with SCMD rights.

Here is my list:

FF5 - Knix / Pati

U - Pantizen / Sly

SFI - Mari / Lodi

NS - Belgaron / Factor (just kidding about Factor)

BAB - Sgt. Pepper / Breeze

If it were my server, I would be comfortable allowing these people to have SCMD access. SCMD should only be used to boot...let Bella and or E1 do the official banning.

In the mean time, try FEAR :P

SCMD should only be used to boot...let Bella and or E1 do the official banning.

Word, I think that would be the begining of a solution.

About what Phantizen proposes, I think it's a great idea, of course. Now do we have the technical abilities to do so? I dunno. Some game experts should post some comments here...

Some of you might remember Goo's project, called the nolf2addon. Our goal was to develop a real sequel to the game. Ahem... Even with more than 10 people actually willing to help, we didn't manage to release a single piece of map. So I guess creating a real, self-extracting update would take much time, too.

Anyway, one of the reasons why our project didn't work is because it wasn't hosted on any of the two big NOLF2 forums. Now if we created a real subforum, dedicated to the creation of v. 1.4 only, it could work. At least it would draw people's attention to it, and maybe we'd all focus on something more interesting than accusations of cheating, for a change.

Word, I think that would be the begining of a solution.

About what Phantizen proposes, I think it's a great idea, of course. Now do we have the technical abilities to do so? I dunno. Some game experts should post some comments here...

Some of you might remember Goo's project, called the nolf2addon. Our goal was to develop a real sequel to the game. Ahem... Even with more than 10 people actually willing to help, we didn't manage to release a single piece of map. So I guess creating a real, self-extracting update would take much time, too.

Anyway, one of the reasons why our project didn't work is because it wasn't hosted on any of the two big NOLF2 forums. Now if we created a real subforum, dedicated to the creation of v. 1.4 only, it could work. At least it would draw people's attention to it, and maybe we'd all focus on something more interesting than accusations of cheating, for a change.

If someone wanted to undertake a project like this again we could set aside space here at Unityhq for it.

selfmade v1.4 sounds very good.. the question is: who'll make it?

We would need people serching for hacks/cheats (better do this in a private forum I guess).

Then we'll need a good coder to prefend all those cheats... wich will be very difficult.

Most likely we'll need a huge anti-cheat-version-creator team.. Maybe the hole NOLF2 community..

"one of the biggest projects ever started.. will it have success in the end?" B)

Oy, yessirree this idea about a mod that includes fixes for the bugs and hacks that we know, plus maybe an update of "message of the day" and other things would be dreamy. Sadly, trustworthy sources have already informed me that this would be a pretty huge job requiring a whole bunch of boring coding and such. It's probably too big a job for one individual, rather a team should do it. But I do think it's a mighty fine idea.