Shooters that Need Sequels

NOLF was mentioned in this article discussing older FPS games that should have sequels made. I thought some might like to read it all...

http://www.firingsquad.com/features/shoote...t_need_sequels/

Here's the part about NOLF:

No One Lives Forever: Yep, it's yet another Monolith franchise. Simply put, this studio knows what it takes to make a solid first person shooter and their 1960's themed spy action game series could be their all time best. Released in 2000, the first game in the series was an enjoyable and fun romp that mixed humor with inventive game design and solid gameplay. The sequel, released in 2002, was equally as fun. Unfortuately, the sales of the games never reached what they deserved and a small stand alone 2003 follow up set in the same universe, Contract J.A.C.K., did away with the humor and style in favor of a straight up shooter that didn't rise to the quality of the first two games.

Odds For Revival: Slim To None. They gave it the college try, but the No One Lives Forever series simply didn’t get enough sales to warrant a third game in the series. We still think they are among the best shooters ever made and if Monolith decided to revive this series at some point we would be first in line to buy a copy. We are still amazed that this series didn’t catch on.

NOLF was mentioned in this article discussing older FPS games that should have sequels made. I thought some might like to read it all...

http://www.firingsquad.com/features/shoote...t_need_sequels/

Here's the part about NOLF:

No One Lives Forever: Yep, it's yet another Monolith franchise. Simply put, this studio knows what it takes to make a solid first person shooter and their 1960's themed spy action game series could be their all time best. Released in 2000, the first game in the series was an enjoyable and fun romp that mixed humor with inventive game design and solid gameplay. The sequel, released in 2002, was equally as fun. Unfortuately, the sales of the games never reached what they deserved and a small stand alone 2003 follow up set in the same universe, Contract J.A.C.K., did away with the humor and style in favor of a straight up shooter that didn't rise to the quality of the first two games.

Odds For Revival: Slim To None. They gave it the college try, but the No One Lives Forever series simply didn’t get enough sales to warrant a third game in the series. We still think they are among the best shooters ever made and if Monolith decided to revive this series at some point we would be first in line to buy a copy. We are still amazed that this series didn’t catch on.

I remember seeing No One Lives Forever in the newspaper ads a loooong time ago. It didn't look too great the time I saw it; the cover with the female spy holding a gun reminded me of a crazed Elizabeth Hurley. But NOLF is a great, great shooter, probably deserving more respect and recognition than it currently receives...too bad they aren't going to make another.

• 11 months later...